Mag-Scan

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

redluna

Post by redluna »

I am not sure if this has been posted before. I lost the overview a little bit :D

Telegraph Magazine, 11. october 2008
(click to enlarge)

Faustine

Post by Faustine »

redluna wrote:I am not sure if this has been posted before. I lost the overview a little bit :D

Telegraph Magazine, 11. october 2008
(click to enlarge)

Thanks for this!!!! :D
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
007Mania

Post by 007Mania »

cornell01 wrote:
advicky wrote:
cornell01 wrote: I feel the same way. This photo is incredibly affecting. I could look at it all day.
I always think or ask myself when I see him that he knows his influence to the other peolpe. Or he thinks he is an ordinary man. What do you think?
If we are to believe that interview (just read it here somewhere) where he says he's an "exhibitionist," then by definition he knows what affect he has on people and that's even a motivation. I wonder if all actors are basically exhibitionists.

But DC does clearly separate acting from his personal self. He calls acting his "job." And we've read interviewers' comments from way back that he is constantly on guard against sounding self-important. Is it Douglas McGrath, director of Infamous, who said DC takes his work seriously, but not himself.

Also, because he is aware he makes his living as an actor and can continue to do so only if people will go see him act, then he knows he has to do these interviews and photo shoots to promote an image that makes him a marketable actor.

So, then, he'll do these incredibly sexy photos and take his clothes off (in half of the movies he's made?), but in his personal life (that he doesn't allow us to see), he tries to stay "ordinary."
Well said! :)

And that's a reason why I adore him - to seperate between work and private life so clearly and keep his private life private! :D
There are enough actors in the world who even put their newborn babies into the spotlight... I don't really like this sort of people... :x
Oh, Mr. Bond!
Image Image

"Nur du und ich... und 400 Papageien."
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I thinks he knows exactly what kind of effect he has on other people, but this effect looks never forced, it's kind of natural and one of the criteria that makes the difference between ordinary actors and great actors.
And I believe that he's able to switch it on/off :lol:

Several people who had been lucky to work with him or at least have had the possibility to watch him working said that he completly changes when the camera is on.

And in this pic he looks like Bond, the Bond he's portraying: depressive, heartbroken, lonely, hurt, hard, cruel and sexy like hell :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Well said Dunda :D
The more I see pics from the movie, the more I can't wait to see it. Fortunately it's not long now before it opens...
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
And in this pic he looks like Bond, the Bond he's portraying: depressive, heartbroken, lonely, hurt, hard, cruel and sexy like hell :lol:
And this is why it has such an effect on us - the broken hero always is a heart warmer :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

advicky

Post by advicky »

Germangirl wrote:
Dunda wrote:
And this is why it has such an effect on us - the broken hero always is a heart warmer :wink:
Born to be COOL.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

advicky wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Dunda wrote:
Born to be COOL.
...but can´t always be..
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Mimi_kitty

Post by Mimi_kitty »

Cause you affect me ...

Fascinate me....
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

From a French TV guide. I'm trying to get my dad to make it bigger. :D :lol:

He's so sucked in, I love it! :lol:
Crazy!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:Image

well, tell your dad you'll only be treated nice if he succeeds :twisted: :twisted:
otherwise you'll be punished....and you'll get nothing to eat but Sauerkraut :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Dunda wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:Image

well, tell your dad you'll only be treated nice if he succeeds :twisted: :twisted:
otherwise you'll be punished....and you'll get nothing to eat but Sauerkraut :lol: :lol:
That won't work, he knows how much I like sauerkraut! :twisted: :lol:
Crazy!
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

My dad makes a mean sauerkraut soup and we are actually getting some cool weather
( 74 degrees ) for a change in Fl in the fall ( sometimes we have to wait untill Jan. for cool weather ) .
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

laredo wrote:My dad makes a mean sauerkraut soup and we are actually getting some cool weather
( 74 degrees ) for a change in Fl in the fall ( sometimes we have to wait untill Jan. for cool weather ) .
Sounds as if you are looking forward to cooler weather. Guess, one has to live in Florida to have an overdose of sun. :wink:

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Well in the old days we actually had regular seasons and its not the haet its the humidity that kilss me . We love to watch the Germans on vacation in their white socks and shorts ...and to watch them swim in cold weather and water ...LOL