Defiance trailer is online

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Ang

Defiance trailer is online

Post by Ang »

Apparently a trailer of Defiance is now online according to Empire Web site (I can't view it as I'm at work). Can't see if they have a link but if not you should be able to Google it. Here's the news item: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=21814
Misha

Re: Defiance trailer is online

Post by Misha »

Ang wrote:Apparently a trailer of Defiance is now online according to Empire Web site (I can't view it as I'm at work). Can't see if they have a link but if not you should be able to Google it. Here's the news item: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=21814
The links are here: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/01/18/def ... e-trailer/

and here: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/01/18/def ... e-trailer/

Looks like it's going to be a good movie. I can't wait to see it!

Michelle
Lynda

Post by Lynda »

That looks really good. I love films about that era.
"He's blond ... he's Bond ... he's actually quite good!"
redluna

Post by redluna »

Lynda wrote:That looks really good. I love films about that era.
Same here and it is a really moving story!!!!
louise

Post by louise »

Thanks for the tip about Defiance trailer it looks great
can't wait for the film to be out
Daniels accent is brilliant and he looks absolutely georgeous
Louise :D
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

ok, that gave me chills. Great find.
Crazy!
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Great find! :D
I like the way he looks in this movie, but the accent takes some getting used to...
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

DEFIANCE - teaser trailer HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyu25SRBpiQ
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
bond_girl 69

Post by bond_girl 69 »

Thanks for posting this, everybody.
Can't wait to see that movie!
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Don't know what kind of accent they are all doing, but I love DC's growling delivery!
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

cornell01 wrote:Don't know what kind of accent they are all doing, but I love DC's growling delivery!
Polish
Crazy!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

On IMBD someone wrote:

The trailer for 'Defiance' will be attached to theaters that are opening TWBB on Friday.

I'm a theater employee and it is listed on Paramount's exhibitor relations website. It was also just added on Yahoo.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

funnlim

Post by funnlim »

Looks fantastic, any story about the brutality of the nazis and the sufferings of the jews are always moving, sad, maddening and entertaining.

However Daniel's accent; sometimes there, sometimes not. I am sure liev shreiber will not be doing any accent so was his accent necessary?
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Ed Zwick’s films (The Last Samurai, Blood Diamond, and others) can be exhilarating and uplifting, even though violent and bloody. Sometimes I’m uncomfortable with the idea of making entertainment of the sad and brutal and frightening in history. But movies telling these stories are today’s equivalent of the heroic legends and myths that celebrate the human spirit and have always inspired people. So I am looking forward to Defiance.

I wonder what other roles DC considered doing last year (in between Bond movies). What were his reasons for choosing Defiance. He says a script has to interest him, so Defiance must have more meat, more complex emotional content than the run-of-the-mill action movie. Or was this the best that was offered to him – or the best that was available, given his time constraints.
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

funnlim wrote:Looks fantastic, any story about the brutality of the nazis and the sufferings of the jews are always moving, sad, maddening and entertaining.

However Daniel's accent; sometimes there, sometimes not. I am sure liev shreiber will not be doing any accent so was his accent necessary?
Funnlim - Liev Schreiber does do the accent. See the trailer - about 1:20 into it - where he says something like "anyone else ... rather fight than wait to be killed, now is your chance."

After listening to DC in so many interviews and English movies, I think it's going to be difficult for me to get past the Polish accent and see him as believable in this role.

Administrators - maybe I should be posting on this topic in the "Movie Roles" forum instead of "Newsroom"?