Defiance trailer is online

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

advicky

Post by advicky »

I think Defiance will be in the big awards shows. This year has been WGA strike and almost every award shows cancelled. I think it is very intesting because this is the only year when Daniel can't be there. (last year, next year) But the most intresting, Steven Spielberg will receive the Golden Globe for his work and life next year. I hope Daniel will be there.
tigerheart

Post by tigerheart »

This looks like it'll be an excellent film - great to see the trailer.

Totally agree with the comments about Daniel's accent...a delicious growl indeed! 8) :twisted:
Dreaming as always...

Do you want the truth...or something beautiful?
catasa

Post by catasa »

Firstsupergirl and redluna: Thank you. I'm OK. Don't worry.

Elaine_Figgis: That's a great option. I thought about that too. But I've noticed before they don't translate correct and that would only confuse me.
/Åsa
I can make you a Daniel MySpace layout
^^^Image text: False Alarm by KT Tunstall^^^
advo

Post by advo »

The online translation was actually quite good, I gathered approx. the same - I'm Danish so I understood most of the text. The movie looks quite good, normally I'm not particularly into these movies - too depressing, but it looks good! Besides Daniel of course, I'm also looking forward to see Alexa Davalos!
"One day your prince will come, mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is to stubborn to ask for directions."

http://advo88.blogspot.com
Sunnie

Post by Sunnie »

Just watched the trailer, and BOY am I looking forward to that. His accent was QUITE impressive!

Maybe I've missed something, but is there any word yet on when this is being released in the U.S.?
SUNNIE
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Just got to see the trailer and I had to watch it twice to be sure that it really was Daniel's voice... I think that with the accent he probably has to speak with a different part of his mouth than what he would use in English and that (possibly?) makes him sound quite different... I just think it sounds a bit silly, although his l's are particularly impressive.

I do think it is a bit ridiculous that when (presumably) all the people in the film speak some non-English language, they have to adopt a silly accent to show it... I have never understood why?!

I was a big WWII buff when I was a kid - actually did a paper on fighter planes for some history class way back in junior high, so I am looking forward to seeing this movie! I would also want to read the book, but it does not exist even in the biggest libraries of Finland...

Grip

PS Would have been glad to translate, had Elaine not found the online translator and I agree with Advo, the translation was pretty good everything considered!
redluna

Post by redluna »

agrippina wrote:I would also want to read the book, but it does not exist even in the biggest libraries of Finland...
I think the book is worth to read....maybe you can try it here Grip?

http://www.amazon.de/Defiance-Bielski-P ... 651&sr=8-1
Sophie

Post by Sophie »

The movie will come out in December and Quantum of Solace ( can't get used to that title yet :roll: ) a few weeks before... I need to put money aside right away, I'm afraid I'll be spending a LOT in theater next fall... :wink:
you wanna do WHAT to me?
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

redluna wrote:
agrippina wrote:I would also want to read the book, but it does not exist even in the biggest libraries of Finland...

Thanks Red! I just don't want to buy it - my bookshelves are full with all the old stuff I have... That's why I've tried the libraries...

Where did you catch the release date, Sophie? If Defiance comes out in December, will it be eligble for Oscars of 2008? :?

Grip
redluna

Post by redluna »

agrippina wrote:
redluna wrote:

Thanks Red! I just don't want to buy it - my bookshelves are full with all the old stuff I have... That's why I've tried the libraries...
Grip
What's with international interlending? To expensive?
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Honey, about 10 EUR/per book - might be cheaper to buy it!!

Grip
redluna

Post by redluna »

agrippina wrote:Honey, about 10 EUR/per book - might be cheaper to buy it!!

Grip
Yes, true :cry: but let me see what I can do :D
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

redluna wrote:
:?: :?: What do you mean, I am a little confused...

I did some checking up on Defiance and it seems to have been slated for a late 2008 release, which makes me wonder a bit about the extremely early teaser trailers?! Like almost a year before the release? Audiences will have time to get utterly bored with the flick...

Grip
redluna

Post by redluna »

agrippina wrote:
redluna wrote:
:?: :?: What do you mean, I am a little confused...
I am a librarian, so maybe I can manage something for you :wink:
agrippina wrote: I did some checking up on Defiance and it seems to have been slated for a late 2008 release, which makes me wonder a bit about the extremely early teaser trailers?! Like almost a year before the release? Audiences will have time to get utterly bored with the flick...
Grip
Sounds really late and I wonder if the promotour for Defiance and QoS overlap :roll:
Lu

Post by Lu »

Wow, I can't wait to see this movie! I hadn't heard anything about it.
My books!