flashback of a fool premiere, english based people

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

ChristineWhiting

Post by ChristineWhiting »

Hi, Glad to see our picture on website already. Wow, is all that i can say!! Film was fantastic and BFI screen was huge. Some of the shots of the sea etc were truly magnificent. I wasn't expecting the humour in the film and tongue in check lines. Also coming from suffolk close to the Essex border i have visited Clacton on Sea (where Ballie Walsh is from) and so remember the laughing policeman, always saved my last 20p of the day to put in the machine as my mum and dad took me home. The boys in the film hang out at the local arcade, a reference to the many pin ball/slot machine venues in Clacton. A reference/joke to Jehovah Witnesses was made - has Ballie some connections with this somehow, and it was a dig at a previous life? If it was i would be interested to know more, as i have experience of this exclusive 'club' that out you if you don't fit into the round peg. The whole feel of the film was shoot in some sort of evening sundown glow - very clever. Obvious as we know it was a south africa beach, so the look was very different. Kelley Hawes was gr8, very believable as DC's sister, with the teasing and same sense of humour. Must watch again to take more in, but fantastic, just hope that it reaches a wide audience. Got DC's signature on a DVD of Love is the Devil as he same into BFI. No barriers, only 20 people waiting to take photo's etc, excellent opportunity to get up close. Yep - looked gr9 of course but my god Saskia looked knock out and that poor girl just had to walk in and out of rooms while he got caught up with us. Took about very supportive, i hope Daniel appreciates it all and doesn't take it for granted. He needs her as his rock, that way we keep Daniel as we love him, with 2 feet on the ground making great films for us to enjoy. Great to meet up with the other girls too!! Christine x
louise

Post by louise »

Wow Christine what a wonderful report I am so envious, I feel like kicking myself as with a bit more effort on my part I could have been there perhaps next time no definitely next time. :D
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Getty-images.com have a lot photos from the premiere!! Sadly I don't know how to post them...
Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

ChristineWhiting wrote:Hi, Glad to see our picture on website already. Wow, is all that i can say!! Film was fantastic and BFI screen was huge. Some of the shots of the sea etc were truly magnificent. I wasn't expecting the humour in the film and tongue in check lines. Also coming from suffolk close to the Essex border i have visited Clacton on Sea (where Ballie Walsh is from) and so remember the laughing policeman, always saved my last 20p of the day to put in the machine as my mum and dad took me home. The boys in the film hang out at the local arcade, a reference to the many pin ball/slot machine venues in Clacton. A reference/joke to Jehovah Witnesses was made - has Ballie some connections with this somehow, and it was a dig at a previous life? If it was i would be interested to know more, as i have experience of this exclusive 'club' that out you if you don't fit into the round peg. The whole feel of the film was shoot in some sort of evening sundown glow - very clever. Obvious as we know it was a south africa beach, so the look was very different. Kelley Hawes was gr8, very believable as DC's sister, with the teasing and same sense of humour. Must watch again to take more in, but fantastic, just hope that it reaches a wide audience. Got DC's signature on a DVD of Love is the Devil as he same into BFI. No barriers, only 20 people waiting to take photo's etc, excellent opportunity to get up close. Yep - looked gr9 of course but my god Saskia looked knock out and that poor girl just had to walk in and out of rooms while he got caught up with us. Took about very supportive, i hope Daniel appreciates it all and doesn't take it for granted. He needs her as his rock, that way we keep Daniel as we love him, with 2 feet on the ground making great films for us to enjoy. Great to meet up with the other girls too!! Christine x
Thanks Christine and Loucifier for the updates sounds really exciting. Everyone seems to have had a whirl wind of a time. So if you were inside was there a place for you all to meet and greet the celebs?
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
Deb

Post by Deb »

Great pics and reports! Thanks for posting :D
loonia

Post by loonia »

Hi guys,

It seems You Tube was there too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juMv8Gb91mM

Well outside signing autographs!

I would LOVE to shake Daniel's hand! Here's another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1DJuD0JqqI

He even kissed a girl!! Lucky thing!!

Sats looks amaaaaaazing!!

Someone has to give a run-down on all the celebs! :)
PAMELA BRAMMER

Flashbacks of a Fool - english based people

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

Hi I'm back - now its time to tell my story(Hope all of you are not sick by now of hearing about last night).

I arrived in Leicester Sq at 8.30am (like the mad woman I am). There were about 6 of us there by then and an employee of the Empire theatre came out and asked us if we were here for the premiere and would we like a cup of tea! She made the 6 of us cups of tea and told us that the premiere was due to kick off around 5.30pm - 9 HOURS!!! TO GO AND COUNTING!!!!!

Next Bond Girl came and joined me around 11.00am and we stood and chatted and got to know each other. There were some heavy showers and we got wet a few times. But just around 5.30 when it was starting the sun starting to shine through the clouds. Loads of people started arriving and then the stars of the film - Mark Strong, Olivia Williams, Harry Eden, Keely Hawes and others and then DANIEL!! He did alot of press, probably more than normal with him being an exec producer and then he started to sign autographs. We started shouting and eventually he got back round to us - we were standing right opposite the cinema doors and next to the press pack!! He looked absolutely gorgeous, very tanned and looking very smart. I took a little belated birthday pressie for him which up to the very last minute I was unsure whether I would chicken out of giving him but decided to anyway - He wouldnt get the joke - but you all will!! - 2 glass lucky ducks - made from Whitby glass that are supposed to be lucky for whoever owns them. He thanked me and shook my hand - he has a very firm handshake!! and then I asked him for a kiss and he duly obliged - HE KISSED ME ON MY LEFT CHEEK!!!! and then he took a picture of both of us (which didnt come properly) but he held my camera. Sorry girls I couldnt smell any cologne even through his lips have been on my cheek. After that NBG and I went over to the NFT and we saw him arrive and again he walked right past me. Sats looked absolutely amazing and actually in the flesh she doesnt look too thin. I was in the front row and Sats came and sat down 2 seats away from me while Daniel, Baillie and Mark Strong did the introductions. I have taken some photos which I will post once I download them. Again Daniel was right in front of me and I just gazed at him and tried to take in every detail!!

The film I really enjoyed and girls who where there, I just really lost it at the point in the film when he comes home for the funeral and hugs his mum and he gives us that wonderful smile of his. I just broke down in tears for all the emotions of the wonderful day just flooded out.

I hope I havent rambled on too much. It was great to meet NBG, Loucifer 67 and Christine. Catherine where were you? Pam :D :D :D
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
Dunda
Administrator

Re: Flashbacks of a Fool - english based people

Post by Dunda »

PAMELA BRAMMER wrote:Hope all of you are not sick by now of hearing about last night).
What a question??? :shock: :shock:

Pamela, you are a very lucky girl! :D
His lips touched your cheek! Great.
It's too bad that you have to wash it one day, isn't it? :wink:

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
PAMELA BRAMMER

Flashbacks of a Fool - english based people

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

Lou

Hope you caught your train ok. Absolutely love that top picture. Have you managed to upload the vid you took? It was great to meet up. :D :D

Pam x
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
Firstsupergirl

Post by Firstsupergirl »

PAMELA BRAMMER wrote:. He thanked me and shook my hand - he has a very firm handshake!! and then I asked him for a kiss and he duly obliged - HE KISSED ME ON MY LEFT CHEEK!!!! and then he took a picture of both of us (which didnt come properly) but he held my camera...
WOW!!!HOW AMAZING!!!! :shock: :shock:

Pam, I think THIS was absolutely worth waiting for all the hours!! :wink:
Deb

Post by Deb »

I am so loving all these reports - thanks for sharing :D :D
catherinep

Re: Back from the premiere

Post by catherinep »

loucifer67 wrote:Hi All

Just got back from the BFI Premiere. Managed to meet up with Pam, NBG, Christine and Jo (thanks for putting up with us cyber maniacs!) Plus others

Just in the process of uploading the 4 short videos I managed to get and a couple of nice piccies. Will write more on the evenings events tomorrow but for now enjoy

Lou
x
Daniel
Mark Strong
Pam, NBG, Me and Christine

I saw you lot! I didn't realise you were from here, if I had known I would have came over - I was sat down with my sister when you were giving out the photos to each other.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Thanks ladies for the great stories! It sounds like you all had a blast! Did any of you mention D2D? *lol* I'm still wondering if he even knows about this site.

If any of you would like your photos uploaded to the gallery, just let me know.

Michelle
Last edited by Misha on Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

I like the 4 ladies together, you all look beautiful! Hope you all enjoyed yourselves!

StarryDannyFan xx
loucifer67

Post by loucifer67 »

PAMELA BRAMMER wrote:Lou

Hope you caught your train ok. Absolutely love that top picture. Have you managed to upload the vid you took? It was great to meet up. :D :D

Pam x
Hi Luv

Have posted the vids on you tube. See Photo and Vid Thread for FOAF

Lou
x
"I have no armour left, you've stripped it from me"

Loucifer67
X