Dan on EXTRA Tonight!

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

redluna

Post by redluna »

Dunda wrote:

holy shit, I can't watch it. :evil: :evil: :shock:
I get an quicktime error!
Is somebody able to convert it into a flv-format?
let me see what I can do...

Edit: Can't save it :cry:
Last edited by redluna on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lu

Post by Lu »

oh bwah ha ha!! I love the snotty way he says, "I'm not going to announce it here... I like you but--" and then it cuts off abruptly as he probably launches into an expletive laden tirade about how it's none of his FUCKING BUSINESS!!!!! :lol: :twisted:

But,uh...yeah...so obviously engaged. :lol:
My books!

Lu

Post by Lu »

Misha wrote:
Ang wrote:
Good for him! It's ridiculous that the media feel able to ask questions like that of Daniel (or any film/tv person), it's so intrusive (fair enough if they whore themselves in Hello/OK or whatever but not if they don't). I think because of Big Brother and other reality tv programmes we've lost our sensitivity to what is and isn't private. Just because some people might be quite happy to give full details of the most intimate parts of their lives, doesn't make it normal. I am of course very interested in what he's doing, I'm a nosy bugger, but that doesn't give me a right to know anything about it...
You've brought up a good topic and I agree with that sentiment, which is why I said I can understand his position. But that's the nature of the business, and entertainment reporters get paid to ask the "intrusive" questions because it's their job no matter how right or wrong it may be. Why? Because the public demands it. Now if it's because people in general feel some false sense of entitlement or they're just naturally curious, who knows?

The media feels as though people want to know these things so they believe it is their "duty" to get the answers, also it doesn't hurt magazine sales nor television ratings to get the "big scoop". As for feeling personally entitled to know this information, well I can only speak for myself and say that what someone chooses to reveal or not to reveal about themselves is their business, it wouldn't change my opinion about them one way or the other.

The media definitely isn't like it used to be in the "good 'ole days" when the private lives of entertainers actually remained private, and reporters were respectful of that fact.

Michelle
Such good points on both sides! Very well put.

Personally I feel for Daniel when I watch him squirming away from these types of questions in interviews. I just cringe for the poor man because I know how much he hates it, even though it is a reporter's job to ask. Some people are media wh*res and other are extremely circumspect and Daniel is the latter, he has made the decision to guard his privacy and he's sticking to it. Because honestly, once you lose it and all the details of your life are out there for everyone, you can't get it back. It's the same thing with his daughter...I mean...it must really take some effort to keep her picture and information about her out of the media all this time, after James Bond and everything, but it's obviously something he feels strongly about and I respect that he has been able to make it happen. (even though I'm dying of curiousity to know what a daughter of Daniel's would look like and be like :oops: )
My books!

Misha

Post by Misha »

JoniJoni thanks for posting that! Redluna, here's a direct link to the video, maybe you can save it and convert it from there.

http://progressive.stream.aol.com/wb/gl ... ond_dl.mov

To Lu - I think he handled the situation well. I also feel he is making a concerted effort to "get along" with the press and come across as more approachable than in the past, probably due to the rash of reports about him being 'difficult' and 'unfriendly'.

I was thinking recently about how Daniel used to be more open with reporters about his personal life, until they started misquoting him and twisting his words around. The tide seemed to turn when he made the statements about his marriage to Fiona going bad, and his reasons for marrying her. I can imagine that it did not set well with her.

Also the comments he made about almost asking Heike to marry him but changing his mind; they broke up shortly afterward. Since that time he doesn't discuss his personal life anymore. He stated once that his words get taken out of context and only ended up hurting the ones he was closest to. I think even the most die-hard fan can understand that reasoning.

Michelle
Last edited by Misha on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

We see it all the time, that even only one line in an intereview makes a headline the next day, taken totally out of context.

I agree, its very understandable, that he has his armour on this.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

redluna

Post by redluna »

Misha wrote:JoniJoni thanks for posting that! Redluna, here's a direct link to the video, maybe you can save it and convert it from there.

Thanks for the link but my technical abilities aren't good enough :?
Misha

Post by Misha »

Alrighty, I've converted the file to .flv format and uploaded it here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lr9r19

I also have it in xvid format if you guys want that too.

Michelle
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Misha wrote:Alrighty, I've converted the file to .flv format and uploaded it here:

Michelle

Michelle, thanks a lot! :D :D :D

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
redluna

Post by redluna »

Misha wrote:Alrighty, I've converted the file to .flv format and uploaded it here:

Michelle
You're great! Thanks so much for it!
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

redluna wrote:

Michelle
You're great! Thanks so much for it!
Thanks for this!!!! :D

I upload in youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9uplAi_h868
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
Misha

Post by Misha »

You're all welcome. :) Faustine, thanks for uploading that video to Youtube!

Michelle
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

A nice little chat, thanks for posting. I admire the way he manages to keep his life private considering all the press who's hanging around him...
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

Misha wrote:You're all welcome. :) Faustine, thanks for uploading that video to Youtube!

Michelle
You´re welcome :wink:

There exists the possibility of loading the interviews in the section of DTD's videos?

I miss a lot of this
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
sigl

Post by sigl »

Misha wrote:JoniJoni thanks for posting that! Redluna, here's a direct link to the video, maybe you can save it and convert it from there.

To Lu - I think he handled the situation well. I also feel he is making a concerted effort to "get along" with the press and come across as more approachable than in the past, probably due to the rash of reports about him being 'difficult' and 'unfriendly'.

I was thinking recently about how Daniel used to be more open with reporters about his personal life, until they started misquoting him and twisting his words around. The tide seemed to turn when he made the statements about his marriage to Fiona going bad, and his reasons for marrying her. I can imagine that it did not set well with her.

Also the comments he made about almost asking Heike to marry him but changing his mind; they broke up shortly afterward. Since that time he doesn't discuss his personal life anymore. He stated once that his words get taken out of context and only ended up hurting the ones he was closest to. I think even the most die-hard fan can understand that reasoning.

Michelle

Hmmmmmm, Michelle, I found this to be very interesting. I haven't seen either one of those interviews, but I can certainly see how these 2 situations would make him be very careful about what he says about his life, especially if it involves someone else. I agree that he seems much more open and relaxed in his earlier print interviews and I really enjoy them more than recent ones. So much more of his personality comes out in them.

I did read once where he was talking about this subject and he said that the people he's close to did not choose to be actors or be famous, so he feels it's unfair for them to be exposed in any way in the press simply because they are close to him. Made a lot of sense to me.

I think it sounds like he is engaged based on what he didn't say in the interview. He started to say 'there are other people....' and I can guess that he was going to say other people who need to know before an announcement on a cheesy US tv show. It doesn't make any real difference to me and I hope he and Sats will be happy together. Irrationally, I do get jealous though.....
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
Misha

Post by Misha »

Faustine wrote:
Misha wrote:You're all welcome. :) Faustine, thanks for uploading that video to Youtube!

Michelle
You´re welcome :wink:

There exists the possibility of loading the interviews in the section of DTD's videos?

I miss a lot of this
I sent them to Ashlee for uploading.

Michelle