Cussing Up a Storm

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Misha

Cussing Up a Storm

Post by Misha »

Cussing Up a Storm

During a roundtable interview for his new indie film Flashbacks of a Fool, Daniel Craig lives up to his reputation as a man licensed to swear.

Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 10:00 PM
By FilmStew Staff

In the process of chatting up the Irish Independent and reporters for other UK outlets ahead of tomorrow's London premiere of his new indie drama Flashbacks of a Fool (opening in England on April 18th), actor Daniel Craig used the word c*nt not once but several times. For what it’s worth, in the first instance it was intended as a term of endearment.

“Seeing you c*nts,” Craig explained to laughter upon entering a roundtable interview room when asked by one of the journalists what the occasion was for him being dressed so handsomely. A little later, in talking about the Flashbacks role of a washed up Hollywood star who reminisces about a summer of his British youth, the actor once again went for the C-word as he talked about the kinds of personal experiences that helped him prepare for this particular part.

“If you go off [in Hollywood] on that wrong path and don't deal with it, it will find its way back to you," he says of mishandling fame and fortune. "There are plenty of lovely people in this business, it's just who you choose, but you've got to choose. If you just let your life run away then you'll be surrounded by a bunch of c*nts. But that's a choice you make."

Craig is notorious among British reporters for his love of colorful language in interviews, and it turns out the suit he’s wearing is because he’s come straight from the TV portion of the Flashbacks junket, during which it was more difficult to go blue. “They [the publicists] said: 'Please don't swear, this is all pre-watershed'. And all I can think about is the swear words in my head. It's like having Tourette's."

Kind of makes you wonder whether during the filming of certain Quantum of Solace scenes, the dialogue in Craig’s head is more along the lines of, 'The name is Bond. James f*cking Bond.’ Flashbacks of a Fool opens with Craig’s character Joe Scott taking part in a cocaine driven threesome and is the feature filmmaking debut of the actor's close personal friend Baillie Walsh.

http://www.filmstew.com/showArticle.asp ... ntID=17156
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

More Lazy jorunalism, some of the sentences rang a bell, check out Empire May 08 article. Empire was published ages ago. This article reads like it's hot off the press, he's been filming in Italy. looks like storing up tit bits and then spinning a yarn to sensationlise.
Misha

Post by Misha »

honeyjes wrote:More Lazy jorunalism, some of the sentences rang a bell, check out Empire May 08 article. Empire was published ages ago. This article reads like it's hot off the press, he's been filming in Italy. looks like storing up tit bits and then spinning a yarn to sensationlise.
Yep, I know, I've read it. That's why I'm posting here, and not on the main page as "news". They are also rehashing that old quote he made about a Bi-sexual Bond. It's being reposted all over the internet now as if it's something brand new. And he's 11 years older than Satsuki? Right. :?

Michelle
Lu

Post by Lu »

Yes, this man cusses like a sailor, doesn't he? I have started saying f*ck about 100% more than I used to since I've become a fan. :lol: I'll never use the C word though. Sooooo crass, where I live.
My books!

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I don't swear casually , I have to be angry , usually at myself and not others . I on't understand the need for it ...I wonder if he ever paid the money he owed Dakota for swearing . I'm now surprised he owed only 200 bucks .
louise

Post by louise »

Laredo I am exactly the same the only time I swear Is when I am on my own If I drop something or hurt myself. But strangely enough I am thinking perhaps I should let rip more often Daniel is perhaps a bad influence on me :twisted:
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

When things go wrong, I hurt myself or I get really mad I often say an ugly word or two. Otherwise I try not to swear.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

Yes, I agree watching and following Mr. Craig's film career has changed my vocabulary for the worse. The Mr. is about to put me out if I don't clean up my act (mouth)! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Funnily enough - I didn´t like his swearing and although I really don´t hear him saying it a lot - reading more about it, I changed from "Scheiße" to "Fuck" :oops: No joke - another proof, that he does get under the skin - F*** :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Tilly

Post by Tilly »

Hell, that's really put me right off him, I didn't think it was possible.