"The Subtle Knife" is on its way!

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Anglophile

"The Subtle Knife" is on its way!

Post by Anglophile »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Apparently auditions have already started! I just got about a dozen alerts for new comments on the site, "Will Golden Compass Sequels The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass Be Greenlit?"
Today someone posted over there, "There are auditions for the part of William Parry. They have already cast Angelica, she is played by Elizabeth Pargeter. Apparently she and Dakota have been friends for ages. But she is a great actress and also appears in Smart People"
"William Parry auditions are in Ocotber. They are a lovely crew, i got their autographs the other day. Its donna be such a great second movie. I auditioned for Angelica, but Elizabeth Pargeter was absolutely fantastic and can play the chavish side of Angelica really well!"

At first I thought it was a joke, until I googled Elizabeth Pargeter and this is what came up. Notice the second entry from the top! :shock:

GEEEEEEZUS I'm getting excited! My day has been made! :D :D :D
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Excellent!
Crazy!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Too good to be true - we´ll see. Fingers crossed.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Ang

Post by Ang »

AHHHHH!! That has completely made my day, thanks for posting Anglophile! I love that book! I love Will Parry!
Course now I'll worry about whether they get the right person to play Will but hopefully fingers crossed it'll all go well - and hopefully the sort out the script a bit better than the first one
louise

Post by louise »

Please please let this be true :D

Sazza

Post by Sazza »

Oh I can't wait!! If this happens!!! Squeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If the only thing left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I've ever known."
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Yee hah !!! We will get to see the ending of the last movie . Will someone who read the second book pm me and tell me how much Lord Asriel is in it . I know not much but what does he do ... I only read the first chapters of that book , it was a little slow reading for me .
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

laredo wrote:Yee hah !!! We will get to see the ending of the last movie . Will someone who read the second book pm me and tell me how much Lord Asriel is in it . I know not much but what does he do ... I only read the first chapters of that book , it was a little slow reading for me .
ok
Crazy!
Ang

Post by Ang »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
laredo wrote:Yee hah !!! We will get to see the ending of the last movie . Will someone who read the second book pm me and tell me how much Lord Asriel is in it . I know not much but what does he do ... I only read the first chapters of that book , it was a little slow reading for me .
ok
It's been a while but I don't think Asriel is in two. However if they're filming 2 I would imagine they'll do 2 and 3 back to back - they've already lost precious time and Dakota isn't getting any younger.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Thanks to the two who e-mailed me . I didn't think he was in it much but seeing the ending of the last movie might worth seeing ...Yeah it would be cheaper to film them both at the same time .
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Hey-ho-let's go! Get it done! :D

Grip
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

agrippina wrote:Hey-ho-let's go! Get it done! :D

Grip
So I guess now we know what Dan will be doing next year. :twisted: I think that if the sequels get made, he will want to be in them, and it wouldn't be too much trouble anyway since Asriel doesn't have too many scenes. He just gets mentioned a lot throughout the books. Of course they could always film those scenes too, like they did with the one on the glacier... :wink:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I think on films like this all the main cast were signed to a 3 picture deal in case it was popular so they don't have to renegociate .
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

That's really good news :D :D :D
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

it will be fantastic if its true