SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:JAMES BOND SCRIPTWRITERS ANNOUNCED; EXPECT NEXT FILM TO BE RELEASED IN 2011

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/a ... -2011.html
Thanks for the info. It's now official :)
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

But 2011 is just so far away...
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Cicero wrote:But 2011 is just so far away...
Isn't it, I'll almost be entering a new decade!
gugita14

Post by gugita14 »

Here's a new rumour. The next Bond VILLAIN. :D

New Moon star Michael Sheen in the next James Bond flick?

We might know him now as Aro in The Twilight Saga: New Moon, but the world might soon know Michael Sheen as Ernst Stavros Blofeld in the next James Bond film.

At least, that's the sentiment of one writer at Empire.

Says Chris Hewitt at Empire,

The as-yet untitled Bond 23 (relax, folks; just a working title, although we like the idea of that being the actual title) is gathering pace. Today, MGM and Bond flame-keepers, EON, announced the writing team for the new Daniel Craig-led mission, and there was a bit of a surprise.

Not in the announcement that Johnny English writers, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade would return for more Bondage – as walking 007 encyclopaedias, they’ve been on board since The World Is Not Enough - but the news that Frost/Nixon writer Peter Morgan has come on to fill Paul Haggis’ shoes in the role of Proper, Oscar-Nominated Writer Who’ll Give The Thing Some Classy Oomph.

"Peter, Neal and Robert are extraordinarily talented and we're looking forward to working with the three of them," Bond producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli said in a statement.

This is, of course, a Good Thing. Morgan is one of the hottest, and best, screenwriters around at the moment, and we can’t wait to see the spin he puts on 007, as he (presumably) hunts down the head of evil organisation, QUANTUM.

This also means that Michael Sheen’s a shoo-in for the bad guy role, right? And that bad guy is going to be Ernst Stavros Blofeld, right? RIGHT?

We all know that Sheen worked with Morgan on Frost/Nixon, but it should also be noted that Morgan wrote the screenplays for quite a few more of Sheen's films: The Damned United, The Deal, The Queen, and up-coming film The Special Relationship. The "special relationship," it appears, exists between Sheen and Morgan, and Hewitt's interpretation of Morgan's involvement with the next James Bond flick entails an inclusion of Michael Sheen for a part.

So, since this appears to be a very realistic possibility, what do you think? Personally, I think he is a great actor, and can do anything. Just my opinion. :)

Here's the link. http://www.examiner.com/x-4908-Twilight ... Bond-flick
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Hey Gugtia14 , I thought you outgrew us , been studying hard ?
gugita14

Post by gugita14 »

laredo wrote:Hey Gugtia14 , I thought you outgrew us , been studying hard ?
Lol. Yeah kind of. :D
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

I like Michael Sheen and am just trying to imagine him as a Bond villain. Could be a good call
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Sazza

Post by Sazza »

It could be interesting to see what he brings to Bond as a villian if its true. Loving that fact that we are starting to know more about Bond 23. The excitement is beginning!
"If the only thing left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I've ever known."
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

I've only seen him in Frost/Nixon but he's certainly an interesting actor so why not Bond villain :wink:
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Cicero wrote:I've only seen him in Frost/Nixon but he's certainly an interesting actor so why not Bond villain :wink:
I saw him there, too, but also in Laws of Attraction and join you in the opinion that he's quite interesting and funny :wink: :lol:.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I have developed a recent admiration for Michael Sheen since his performance in Frost / Nixon was top notch. I think he would do great as a Bond Villain. He's a great mimic and could probably play "evil" really well. His character in the Underworld movies was kind of evil but not in comparison to Bill Nighy... Now, Bill would make a good Bond Villain!! 8) Also, somebody mentioned Liev Schreiber would be good for this role. I agree with that sentiment. Basically, any of these three actors are extremely talented and I think they could 'bounce off' Daniel very well. Sheen would be more interesting as he's never worked with daniel before... :)

Can I also whinge again about the release date being so far away??!! :shock: I guess two years between CR and QOS passed pretty quickly but three years just seems a bit much. 2009 drags. God help us if 2010 does the same! :roll:
gugita14

Post by gugita14 »

Yeah I think he'd be able to play evil really well. He seems to look like a smart guy anyways. I think it's also cool that they might make Michael Sheen portray the traditional Bond villain "Blofeld."

Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

gugita14 wrote:Image
I know this is off topic, but I have to put on record how much I love that cat!!! :D
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

I love that cat too, it's purrrfect :P
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Kasabian throw their hat in the ring for Bond 23 theme song
Bond 23 - 13-06-09

In 1992, two young friends from Leicester were listening to their favourite music on a cheap home stereo. Jumping around the bedroom, they pretended to be rock ’n’ roll stars in front of an audience of plastic toys. By the end of this summer those two lads, Kasabian's Tom Meighan and Serge Pizzorno, will have performed for more than a million fans on tour with Oasis— the heroes of their teenage years.

Tomorrow their third album, West Ryder Lunatic Pauper Asylum, will top the charts — cementing Kasabian’s status as the best British band of their generation.

Self-confessed film fanatic Serge has designs on writing movie scores when he retires from the rock rampage.

He said: “I’ll only leave this band when I’m dead. But I definitely would like to sit down and orchestrate a movie. Anything from an arthouse film, a really small budget film, to a huge James Bond theme.

“I don’t think there’s been a good James Bond theme for a long while, and I wouldn’t mind a crack at that. We’re a British band, so let us do it.”

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?ite ... mi6&s=news
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”