SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46403
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:Bond 23 - An Uncertain Timeline
http://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articles/ ... jan10.php3
This seems nothing to worry about. The original is from Variety..

[quote9 superhalo @ January 5th, 2011 12:03 pm

Variety pulled the article, so I’m guessing this is just a rumor. [7quote]
Thios is a recycled article from April 2010. Why Varity and Collider would post this is riduclous.
I thought it seemed familiar. :roll:
Lets be happy about this. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46403
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:33 am

Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:Bond 23 - An Uncertain Timeline
http://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articles/ ... jan10.php3
This seems nothing to worry about. The original is from Variety..

[quote9 superhalo @ January 5th, 2011 12:03 pm

Variety pulled the article, so I’m guessing this is just a rumor. [7quote]
Thios is a recycled article from April 2010. Why Varity and Collider would post this is riduclous.
I thought it seemed familiar. :roll:
Lets be happy about this. :D
Yes, there's an item on MI6 saying just that--the Variety writers stumbled on a year-old interview, misread the year, and took it as new info. I thought Variety was a pretty solid source. Not always, it seems.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
calypso
Posts: 17284
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: Knitting willy warmers for Daniel's pickle!

Post by calypso » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:12 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... hrill.html

Actor Simon Beale up for 'good guy' role in Bond 23

There was a certain inevitability, given his shape and form, that when Simon Russell Beale was mooted for a part in the next James Bond film it was assumed that Sam Mendes, the director, was considering casting him as the baddie.

Such "fattism" obscured the truth, however. Mandrake of the Telegraph can disclose that the distinguished stage actor, pictured, is in fact in detailed talks to appear as one of the good guys. "

"It's too early to confirm anything, but the part he is up for is not a baddie," confirms his spokesman. "There was this assumption he was up to play such a character, but it was never the case."

The actor, who is currently on fine sinister form in the West End play Deathtrap, has made little secret of his desire to appear in a Bond film and has admitted that he approached his old friend Mendes to plead his case.
ImageImage

User avatar
Sue
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:28 am
Location: New Zealand

Post by Sue » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:45 am

Hi

As I haven't been on the Forum for a very long time, is there now going to be another Bond movie with Daniel in it, as I know there were problems about it at some stage?

Quantum of Solace is on TV on Sunday night so I shall be glued to the screen to see his gorgeous blue eyes, face and hot body.

:D Sue
Hi there Daniel fans. Please feel free to e-mail me as I love to hear from others to keep me in touch with what's going on with Daniel!!! He is such an amazing actor, has amazing looks, those blue eyes and a sexy voice!!!

User avatar
JEC57
Posts: 10024
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: 15/01/96

Post by JEC57 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:44 pm

James Bond 23 Pre-Production Halted


James Bond 23 been put on hold while MGM awaits bids from other studios to help assist in production costs for the long awaited big screen
return of 007. This means that we may not see Daniel Craig's third turn behind the tuxedo in November of 2012 as previously promised by MGM.

In a recent interview, producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli explained that the project's timeline was up in the air, and despite MGM's push to have James Bond 23 on screens by the end of 2012, they knew they were going to have to be flexible with the impending release date.

While pre-production may have halted, the screenplay is still being written at this time. Peter Morgan, Neal Purvis, and Robert Wade are currently collaborating on the first draft, though no story details have been released. Purvis and Wade previously collaborated on the screenplays for both 007 adventures Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace.

The first bids for MGM's assets are expected to be submitted sometime this month, with the studio already having received several non-disclosure agreements from potential bidders. The studio will either stand alone in producing James Bond 23 when the time comes, or it will form a strategic partnership with its 140 debt holders if an agreement can be decided upon.

While Daniel Craig is expected to return for James Bond 23, no director has been attached to the upcoming spy adventure yet.

James Bond 23 is in development and stars Daniel Craig, Judi Dench. The film is directed by Sam Mendes.


http://www.movieweb.com/news/james-bond ... ion-halted
Image
Image

User avatar
Dunda
Administrator
Posts: 21918
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Dunda » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:06 pm

JEC57 wrote:James Bond 23 Pre-Production Halted


James Bond 23 been put on hold while MGM awaits bids from other studios to help assist in production costs for the long awaited big screen
return of 007. This means that we may not see Daniel Craig's third turn behind the tuxedo in November of 2012 as previously promised by MGM.

In a recent interview, producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli explained that the project's timeline was up in the air, and despite MGM's push to have James Bond 23 on screens by the end of 2012, they knew they were going to have to be flexible with the impending release date.

While pre-production may have halted, the screenplay is still being written at this time. Peter Morgan, Neal Purvis, and Robert Wade are currently collaborating on the first draft, though no story details have been released. Purvis and Wade previously collaborated on the screenplays for both 007 adventures Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace.

The first bids for MGM's assets are expected to be submitted sometime this month, with the studio already having received several non-disclosure agreements from potential bidders. The studio will either stand alone in producing James Bond 23 when the time comes, or it will form a strategic partnership with its 140 debt holders if an agreement can be decided upon.

While Daniel Craig is expected to return for James Bond 23, no director has been attached to the upcoming spy adventure yet.

James Bond 23 is in development and stars Daniel Craig, Judi Dench. The film is directed by Sam Mendes.


http://www.movieweb.com/news/james-bond ... ion-halted
the last comment on this site is from me :lol:

The namey Variety as source and Variety has removed the article. They quoted an interview which was dated in early 2010 :roll:
Image

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com

User avatar
Sue
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:28 am
Location: New Zealand

Post by Sue » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Well, while I wait for Bond 23 I'll just have to force myself to watch Quantum of Solace tonight :) . I know it will be difficult for me to have to watch Daniel with his gorgeous face, killer blue eyes and talent for action, but I can just about manage it me thinks!!! :lol:
In all seriousness I hope it is all worked out for Bond 23 sooner than later so I don't have complete withdrawal symptons!!! :shock:

Sue :D
Hi there Daniel fans. Please feel free to e-mail me as I love to hear from others to keep me in touch with what's going on with Daniel!!! He is such an amazing actor, has amazing looks, those blue eyes and a sexy voice!!!

User avatar
$abbatha
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:38 am
Location: Kamarland Beloved Kamarland

Post by $abbatha » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Sue wrote:Well, while I wait for Bond 23 I'll just have to force myself to watch Quantum of Solace tonight :) . I know it will be difficult for me to have to watch Daniel with his gorgeous face, killer blue eyes and talent for action, but I can just about manage it me thinks!!! :lol:
In all seriousness I hope it is all worked out for Bond 23 sooner than later so I don't have complete withdrawal symptons!!! :shock:

Sue :D
Yeah,i've watched QoS i think before Christmas,i've registered thru a service of my satellite tv,i guess that all of us missing Bond. 8)
Image

User avatar
Lu
Posts: 3415
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Lu » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:39 pm

mburns wrote:I read on Facebook that the title of Bond 23 is 'The Property of a Lady' I would'nt take it as gospel at present like everything else on here at the moment its all specualtion.
Heh heh...that has promise... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: But sounds more like something a fanfic author might have written. :wink:
My books!
Image

Image

User avatar
Dunda
Administrator
Posts: 21918
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Dunda » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:44 pm

There are only very few original Fleming titles left, Property of a Lady is one of them. Risico, The Hildebrand Rarity and James Bond in New York are the others I know of.

So these 4 titles are rumoured ever since the last Bond movie.
Image

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com

User avatar
$abbatha
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:38 am
Location: Kamarland Beloved Kamarland

Post by $abbatha » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Dunda wrote:There are only very few original Fleming titles left, Property of a Lady is one of them. Risico, The Hildebrand Rarity and James Bond in New York are the others I know of.

So these 4 titles are rumoured ever since the last Bond movie.
Hope that this is the good one!
As in 1990 was rumored that Property of a Lady would been the third movie of Dalton as Bond.Then EON and UA/MGM went into legal issue that ended into 1993.
Also some bits of PoaL was alreay used in the script of Octopussy.
Image

User avatar
bumblebee
Posts: 15189
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: British in USA

Post by bumblebee » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:33 pm

"James Bond in New York" what like "Debbie does Dallas"?

Can't think of a more un-Bond like title!

User avatar
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator
Posts: 7195
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:27 pm

Post by Elaine_Figgis » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:55 pm

bumblebee wrote:"James Bond in New York" what like "Debbie does Dallas"?

Can't think of a more un-Bond like title!
oo oo oo, me... pick me! *waves hands frantically* Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Debbie Does Dallas is one of those wonderfully terrible films from my youth. :roll:
Crazy!

Post Reply