SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

read the article about 1 our own russian actress supposedly being in the run lol we cant find her pic yet shes completely unknown :lol:

maybe this IDK
http://ru-ru.facebook.com/people/Natali ... 0097040083

http://www.regnum.ru/news/1265792.html
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Don't know how true this is. I can remember reading ages ago that he had one on order for himself.

http://www.auto-car-shop.com/2010/03/ja ... tus-evora/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

Such rubbish - what can you believe out there anymore?
Puh - Frieda Pinto - March 20 - lands role - March 22 - denies it.

WTF!

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sharmaine wrote:Such rubbish - what can you believe out there anymore?
Puh - Frieda Pinto - March 20 - lands role - March 22 - denies it.

WTF!
:lol: Its called Bond girl rumors - it comes with the territy. It will get much worse as with "Who sings the song" "What´s the title" and "which car will they use" etc etc...its a good sign, when the rumors start, even though this is still in limbo :evil:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

MGM debt holders object to fire-sale bids
http://commanderbond.net/9913/mgm-debt- ... -bids.html

Lionsgate drops out of MGM bidding
http://commanderbond.net/9930/lionsgate ... dding.html

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

mburns wrote:I can't see Bond ever giving up his Astin Martin for anything although he did drive a BMW in one movie. Rumours, whats the point with them?
Actually they seem to be an important part of Bond movie making. The Bond boards entertain themselves endlessly with topics like that - Bond girl, Bond car, Bond locations, title, title song etc etc and the papers play the same game. Guess, it helps to get over the gaps between the films. :wink:

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

27/03/2010
Sarah Harding has refused to even consider getting married until she has “made it” as an actress and solo singer.

The 28-year-old Girls Aloud singer has been dating DJ Tom Crane for three years. She says she know Tom is “The One”, but won’t settle down and start a family until she’s achieved more in her professional life.

“I’m not going to think about getting married until I’ve made it as an actress and a solo singer,” Sarah said. “I’m really happy though.”

Sarah made her film debut in St Trinian’s 2: The Legend of Fritton’s Gold last year. She loved every second of shooting and now hopes to star alongside Daniel Craig as the next Bond Girl.

“I’m going for castings at the moment,” she told British magazine More! “I would love to do a Bond film but I don’t really want to say that too much because if it doesn’t happen I’ll look really silly, but there are things happening.”

http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/4690- ... d-For.html
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Rachel-W ... 17780.html

Everything at MGM is pretty much on hold until the company gets sold, but that doesn’t mean movies like James Bond and The Hobbit won’t happen. They just may take a little longer to get done. And while actual production may be on hold, that doesn’t mean these films’ producers aren’t planning their next step, so that once things are go, they’ll be off and running. Our sources say in the case of the 23rd James Bond movie, they may even be thinking about casting, which would explain the flurry of Bond girl rumors which have been flying around. While this rumor involves a girl, it’s definitely not another Bond girl rumor.

We’ve heard that Rachel Weisz could be involved in Bond 23. In the past she’s joked about becoming a Bond girl, and though she’s certainly beautiful, casting an actress of her caliber as yet another Bond nookie babe seems like kind of a waste. But Weisz is actually friends with Daniel Craig (in fact they’re working together on the upcoming movie Dream House) and in the past she had a personal relationship with would-be Bond 23 director Sam Mendes. All Bond girl kidding aside, she has before expressed real interest in doing a Bond movie with Craig. So why not give her something substantive in the movie, something that won’t reduce her to being 007’s latest conquest? Why not let her play the villain?

Our source says that’s exactly what they’re discussing behind the scenes of Bond 23. In fact, they’re considering Weisz to play the head of Quantum, the secret organization responsible for all the bad guy activity in the last two films. More than just another Bond babe, she’d be the mastermind pulling the strings behind everything that’s happened in Daniel Craig’s Bond movies so far, and the architect of James Bond’s suffering.

While the Bond franchise has had female villains before, they’ve never been much more than henchmen. Famke Janseen is fantastic as Xenia Onatopp in GoldenEye, but she’s a follower, not a criminal mastermind. Weisz would be the first woman to take on such a role in the Bond universe, and I’d say it’s about time.

So now the big question: How likely is any of this to happen? Reality check time.

While Cinema Blend isn’t in the business of scooping news, when we do run across something interesting we feel it’s our job to share it with you, our readers, to mull over and discuss. Part of sharing information with you, for us, means that we always tell you as much as we can about where it came from. We’re not out to pull the wool over your eyes. Some rumors are more reliable than others and while we can’t always give you the names of our sources (lest they face repercussions), we feel it’s our responsibility to be up front with you about how much we know in order to allow you to decide for yourself whether this is a credible rumor or just wild speculation.

What we can tell you in this case is that our information comes from a reliable, proven source who’s broken numerous, since confirmed stories to us over a period of several years. For instance, it was this same source that was the first anywhere to break the news that Black Widow would be in Iron Man 2. But as with all rumors, even when they’re from a proven source like this one, it’s just rumor until it can be confirmed by a second, independent source. In fact this particular source affirmed that in our communication, reiterating that it’s still very early in the process and that because of this, “things can change in a heartbeat and they might even try to deny what I told you but that's what's the brainstorming going on now.” Now you know what we know.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its good, that they are obviously busy behind the scenes.
The mood in the Bond boards is mixed - some are pessimistic some not.

I am arguing with one guy force and back but have to agree to one point - we/Sony need more clearity till summer or we most likely won´t have a 2011 release. By now, I don´t care anymore so much for the release date as long as DC is in the next film. There are arguments, that after longer gaps, there was always a new actor, but we have a different situation here as had for example Tim Dalton - DC is much more in favour with his peers AND the general audiences. Nobody will want to loose him and he himself so loves being on a Bond set, that he will do it as long as they want him. On top of that Babs wil hold on to him for as long as possible - so far he has made her tons of money with two Bonds and ASR. So - he is dear to her purse AND to her heart. A reassuring mix, I´d think. :wink:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

mburns wrote:Michael G Wilson wants Duffy to sing the theme song or so I read.
THIS VERY surely is just bullocks.

Mimi_kitty

Post by Mimi_kitty »

Rachel Weisz speculated as Bond 23 female villain
Bond 23 - 29-03-10

British actress Rachel Weisz has been linked to a possible role in the upcoming James Bond film, the 23rd in the official series.

Despite the financial situation with MGM keeping production officially on hold, Sam Mendes is understood to be working on planning the movie, although he is performing this duty as 'consultant' rather than director until the studio can fund the film, or until EON can produce under a different banner.

With the first draft script from Neal Purvis, Robert Wade and Peter Morgan complete, thoughts have reportedly turned to casting. This despite the fact that female lead casting for recent films has often been finalized just days ahead of shooting, or in some case, after shooting had actually started.

Cinema Blend claims, via a reputable source, that Rachel Weisz is being considered for a major role in the film. But she would not take on the traditional Bond Girl part, rather the head of the mysterious organization 'Quantum' that have been behind the plots in both of Daniel Craig's two outings as 007 so far.

The site says, "Weisz is actually friends with Daniel Craig (in fact they’re working together on the upcoming movie Dream House) and in the past she had a personal relationship with would-be Bond 23 director Sam Mendes. She has before expressed real interest in doing a Bond movie with Craig. So why not give her something substantive in the movie, something that won’t reduce her to being 007’s latest conquest? Why not let her play the villain? Our source says that’s exactly what they’re discussing behind the scenes of Bond 23. In fact, they’re considering Weisz to play the head of Quantum."
Cause you affect me ...

Fascinate me....
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

Mimi_kitty wrote:...in fact, they’re considering Weisz to play the head of Quantum."
:thumbup: that would be great! A woman plays the leading Bond-villain, IMO, a really challenge for Bond and a very good idea for creating a deep and emotional story. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, lets it be true..........
(I am always thought, no, they are not finished with Quantum, the former villains were only henchmans, but not the BIG BOSS behind the organisation.)