SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I start hating this, although I still feel, its going to be allright and there won´t be a delay...

Sagging sales may drive down MGM bids

http://commanderbond.net/9810/sagging-s ... -bids.html
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sony wants to stick around with James Bond after MGM Studios sale
http://commanderbond.net/9833/sony-want ... -sale.html

Liberty Media, Elliott said to drop from MGM bidding
http://commanderbond.net/9829/liberty-m ... dding.html
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

There is a new fb page for Bond 23. From the text it seems to be from someone very young :wink:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BOND-23-T ... 730?v=wall

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:There is a new fb page for Bond 23. From the text it seems to be from someone very young :wink:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BOND-23-T ... 730?v=wall
Or poor English, many diverse fans too.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

MGM awaits new partner

http://commanderbond.net/9848/mgm-await ... rtner.html

GET IT OVER WITH, FOLKS :evil: SOON...

calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 83,00.html

It's time to get shaken and stirred!

The 3-D reboot of the 007 series – directed by recently separated filmmaker Sam Mendes – is currently casting Bond girls (hello, Pussy Galore!). :shock:

Here's our shortlist of beauties who could hold their own next to blond Bond Daniel Craig:

Zoe Saldana
The Avatar and Star Trek babe is a fanboy's dream girl and a self-proclaimed sci-fi geek, so what better role for Saldana than Bond's sidekick babe.

Heidi Montag
The headline-making star of The Hills finally has the bionic body she's always wanted, so why not let Montag put her surgically enhanced curves to good use.

Freida Pinto
The Slumdog Millionaire star, who reportedly is in talks to join the project, has several projects in the works but hasn't graced the big screen since her film debut – and we're craving more than just those L'Oreal ads!

Megan Fox
The Transformers star has the wicked good looks to make Bond fall in lust and the battle skills necessary (she's already defeated Megatron!) to go toe-to-toe with any villain.
ImageImage
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

No, no, no and no. The man deserves class - bimbettes and one-hit wonders need not apply. I'd like to see him tackle an older woman for a change.
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

bumblebee wrote:No, no, no and no. The man deserves class - bimbettes and one-hit wonders need not apply. I'd like to see him tackle an older woman for a change.
I'd stand still long enough for him to tackle me!
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

I can't stand any of this woman! No way!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

These are the facts...

Time Warner still mulling MGM bid as deadline passes

Los Angeles Times – The fate of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. is still in limbo.

While bids for the troubled studio were due Friday, front-runner Time Warner Inc. was still mulling an offer late in the afternoon and it was unclear if, and when, the media company was going to bid, according to a person close to the matter. Two knowledgeable people said that if Time Warner, which owns Warner Bros. studio, did make an offer, it was expected to be under $1.5 billion.

It’s possible that MGM has been forced to extend the deadline for final bids as Disney recently did with its Miramax Films unit, which is also up for sale. But as of Friday evening there was no official word and a spokeswoman for MGM didn’t have any comment.

The field of prospective buyers for both studios has dwindled in recent weeks as the valuations being put on the properties came into question. John Malone’s Liberty Media and hedge fund Elliott Associates dropped out of the auction for MGM as Friday’s deadline for binding offers approached; earlier Summit Entertainment and investment firm Qualia Capital bowed out of the running for Miramax.

Other expected to bid for MGM are industrialist Len Blavatnik’s Access Industries and Lions Gate Entertainment, but it couldn’t be determined if they had submitted bids yet. Early Friday morning, Carl Icahn launched a hostile takeover bid for Lions Gate and wants to block the company from buying MGM. Lions Gate had no comment but last week Vice Chairman Michael Burns said in an interview with The Times that, “We never pay retail for any asset.”

It is unclear whether the bids expected to be submitted will be enough to appease MGM’s 150 creditors, who are said to be seeking at least $2 billion. Consequently, many believe the debt holders may call off the sale and opt for a plan to restructure MGM’s $3.7-billion debt and seek new capital—or, as a last recourse, force the company into bankruptcy.

There are at least two alternative plans in the wings, including one from Twentieth-Century Fox parent News Corp. and another from Qualia Capital, a media investment fund run by Amir Malin and Ken Schapiro.

For several weeks, prospective buyers have been privately complaining they’ve been unable to get detailed financial information from MGM. Several suitors said that the more data they get, the more grim MGM’s prospects appear. They say that current cash flow from the studio’s film library of about 4,000 titles is no more than $250 million—about half of what it was a few years ago—with future projections declining.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

They will finally work it out but IF they can´t start this year, it might cost Daniel his fourth Bond film. I am sure, he will do this one, whenever that might be, but might consider himself too old to do the physical Bond, the fans are used to see from him being 45 or 46. Guess it also depends on how well Bond 23 is received. If it is a huge hit, they won´t let him go. AND we know, Babs will hold onto him for as long as possible :wink:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This is a load of bullocks - like they are going to shoot in Kabul :shock: , but its a nice read also - makes it sound, as if the next Bond is around the corner.
In the end - who knows...

Slumdog Millionaire star Freida Pinto lands lead in new James Bond film, to be directed by Sam Mendes

Stunning Slumdog Millionaire star Freida Pinto has landed a multi-million pound deal to be the next Bond girl.

As she prepares to join the ranks of screen beauties Ursula Andress, Diana Rigg and Britt Ekland, Freida is looking forward to her biggest payday yet with the 007 assignment.

The Mumbai beauty, who was a key member of the Slumdog cast which won 10 Oscars last year, is set to sign the money-spinning deal thought to be worth £3million. Freida, dating her Slumdog co-star Brit Dev Patel, is said to be "ecstatic" after she was approached to star in 007's next movie mission, to be directed by Sam Mendes.

And US actress Olivia Wilde, star of TV's House, is in negotiations to play the other lead female role in the 23rd Bond flick, set in Afghanistan.

A source said: "Sam has been talking about Bond for months now and is so excited about it.

"The project has been in the pipeline for months and Freida was always the dream Bond girl, but initially she was nervous about accepting it. This is going to be the most ambitious 007 yet. Sam plans to reinvent the genre.
"Peter Morgan, who wrote The Queen, has penned the first draft of the script and it promises to be visually stunning.

"It will be a typically glamorous and raunchy role and Dev has been joking to friends he is cool with seeing Freida rolling around with 007."

Olivia, 25, has been approached to play a double-crossing UN worker based in Afghanistan. She is best known for playing Dr Hadley in Howuse but recently finished filming on new movie Tron Legacy, starring opposite Michael Sheen and Oscar-winner Jeff Bridges.

The new Bond movie, due to begin production later this summer, will be shot in Buckinghamshire's Pinewood studios and on location in the Afghan capital Kabul.

Signing Freida to star beside Daniel Craig's 007 will come as a great boost to British director Mendes, who this week announced his split from Oscar-winner Kate Winslet.

The Mirror revealed the pair had been on the rocks for nearly two years, ever since filming the Golden Globe drama Revolutionary Road together.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... -22125171/

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

That can't be true :shock: :evil:! I so can't stand this woman! She's beautiful, but not really good for this role :?. Gosh!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Rumor V. No one knows till the producers make the announcement. They do a pretty good job of keeping it quiet and building suspense. Not that we need any more suspense re Bond 23.

GG - re the physicality stuff, I think that can be managed in other ways. I for one don't mind if they tone down the stunt stuff, especially given the DC's effort versus the screen time his QoS stunt endeavors resulted in. I thoroughly the 2nd act of CR when he slowed down and played poker/Vesper mind games instead.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Rumor V. No one knows till the producers make the announcement. They do a pretty good job of keeping it quiet and building suspense. Not that we need any more suspense re Bond 23.

GG - re the physicality stuff, I think that can be managed in other ways. I for one don't mind if they tone down the stunt stuff, especially given the DC's effort versus the screen time his QoS stunt endeavors resulted in. I thoroughly the 2nd act of CR when he slowed down and played poker/Vesper mind games instead.
I totally agree, but I am not sure, Daniel would settle for that.
BTW - given that they always planned to have a one year gap, this end of the year start is what they had planned and has nothing to do with MGM. So - DC will be 45 /46 anyway in his fourth film and they counted that in. So, my statement would need to switch to the 47/48 and older age of him.

The reaction of the fans showed, that they don´t necessarely need an over the top action filled Bond - so maybe they get away with a real good suspense plot and a Bond, who doesn´t need to run around like crazy all the time . :wink: