SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Judi and Craig want Bond team back

Dame Judi Dench has joined Daniel Craig's campaign to get Q and Miss Moneypenny back in the James Bond films.

The 74-year-old actress - who play MI5 chief M in the movies - told the Daily Telegraph she would love John Cleese and Samantha Bond to reprise their roles and bring some humour back to Bond.

Dame Judi said: "That would be good if it was thought right to bring back those characters. Wouldn't it be Samantha Bond as Miss Moneypenny and John Cleese as Q. Who else?"

Asked if she'll be returning as M in the next 007 film she replied: "You bet. As M you get to treat this powerful man very, very badly."

Daniel Craig, who has brought a hard edge to Bond's playboy character, said recently: "We can do anything with the next film and, if we want to bring back Miss Moneypenny and Q then we can."

Samantha Bond played Miss Moneypenny opposite Pierce Brosnan's Bond from 1995 to 2002 in Golden Eye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day.

John Cleese appeared in The World Is Not Enough as eccentric gadget creator Q's assistant, nicknamed R by Bond, and then as Q in Die Another Day.

Desmond Llewellyn, the original Q, died in 1999. He appeared in 17 Bond films and worked with the first five Bond stars.

Samantha Bond said last November: "If Miss Moneypenny is written in it wouldn't be me - I left with my Bond.

"I think she's missed but I am happy that she's not there because it means I am irreplaceable."

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/sho ... ticle.html
advicky

Post by advicky »

Danny Boyle bags James Bond flick offer

‘Slumdog Millionaire’ not only turned out to be an Oscar sensation, but has also earned its director Danny Boyle a chance to direct the next James Bond flick.

Bond chief Barbara Broccoli, who currently heads the 007 franchise at EON Productions, is said to be leading the chase for the British filmmaker’s services.

“Danny is the man of the moment and he is being bombarded with offers from studios,” the Sun quoted a source as saying.

“He has been offered the chance to direct the 23rd Bond film by Barbara. The EON team love his vision and think that it would work perfectly for the new look of Bond,” the source added.

In his recent interviews, Danny has said that big budgets are not important to him.

And Bond producers think that Boyle may be the right choice considering the changes in the 007 series since Daniel Craig has joined it.

“Danny has always insisted he is more interested in the film than the money,” the source said.

“However, with Daniel Craig’s involvement and the way the films are now structured — with the emphasis on the characters and plot rather than gags and gadgets — it is right up Danny’s street.

“Everyone on the EON team thinks Danny would be a fantastic addition to the Bond family,” the source added.

Danny, who bagged the Best Director Oscar for ‘Slumdog Millionaire’, has also made films like Shallow Grave, Trainspotting and 28 Days Later.

http://www.spicezee.com/articles/story24499.htm
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

Now THAT would be interesting; a very good interesting 8)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Having read through the CBN take on this article, there is already another one, that states, he has declined the offer...both might be pure rumors anyway..Its funny to start reading about rumors again, after the ones for QOS seem to have been on full scale just yesterday.. :wink:
Next Bond girl, next Bond song etc - all in full swing.. :lol:
Sadly the next film itsself seems to be so far away still :(
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tigerheart

Post by tigerheart »

Germangirl wrote:Having read through the CBN take on this article, there is already another one, that states, he has declined the offer...both might be pure rumors anyway..Its funny to start reading about rumors again, after the ones for QOS seem to have been on full scale just yesterday.. :wink:
Next Bond girl, next Bond song etc - all in full swing.. :lol:
Sadly the next film itsself seems to be so far away still :(
Where there's Bond, there are loads of rumours...:lol:

Danny Boyle would be an interesting choice - I suspect they won't go left-field again like they did with Marc Forster though, especially if Bond's going to be as much "Kiss Kiss" as "Bang Bang" in the next film :wink:
Dreaming as always...

Do you want the truth...or something beautiful?
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0696687/

No Bond for Boyle

(i see on other site) :shock:
ImageImage
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

calypso wrote: No Bond for Boyle
Seen it coming :cry:
He may change his mind just like Mark for Qos... There's still hope :!:
Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Danny Boyle rules out 'Bond 23'

Danny Boyle has ruled out directing the next James Bond adventure.

The Slumdog Millionaire filmmaker was linked with the director's chair for the 23rd instalment in the spy franchise earlier this week.

However, Boyle informed Entertainment Weekly that he has "no plans" to direct Daniel Craig's third 007 outing.

"I enjoy the Bond movies, always have and always will, but I have no plans to direct one," he said. "I don't know who came up with the story, but please tell them I'm very flattered to be thought of!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a148 ... nd-23.html
advicky

Post by advicky »

Freida Pinto could be the next Bond girl

Slumdog Millionaire star Freida Pinto may become the new Bond girl in the next spy adventure.

According to sources, the 24-year-old stunner was invited to a screen test for the 007 movie.

The actress was first spotted by producers during the casting for Quantum of Solace.

And following Danny Boyle’s Slumdog’s awards success she has become the hottest property in Hollywood.

Freida could follow in the footsteps of Bond babes such as Plenty O’Toole in 1971 classic Diamonds Are Forever.

“Freida came to the attention of the Bond team when they were casting Quantum of Solace. She was too young at the time to have a part as a love interest for a secret agent,” The ‘Sun’ quoted a source, as saying.

“But she has blossomed into an incredibly stunning young woman and would look perfect on Daniel Craig’s arm.

“Danny Boyle is favourite to take the helm of the next movie, which would increase Freida’s chances of a starring role,” the source added.

Meanwhile, director Woody Allen has signed her up for his new movie.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/freid ... rl/434048/
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next news will be a new Bond villain role for the boy who played Jamal :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I almost find it endearing how the Bond boards are already head over heels in Bond 23 - all the old threads - Bond girls, Title song, Villain etc... :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Thelma

Post by Thelma »

I am not the next bond girl: Freida Pinto

Slumdog's leading lady, Frieda Pinto has a lot going for her- but she may not be the next Bond Girl. Heres the new IT girl chatting exclusively with our Chief Entertainment Correspondent , Rohit Khilnani.

CNN-IBN: The best part about this stardom is that you might have not even signed the film and rumours start pouring in, there was news before you came back that you have signed a Woody Allen film?

Freida Pinto: That is true. Obiviously, I spoke about it while in US.

CNN-IBN: You are the next bond girl they say?

Freida Pinto: Should I continue his rumour. This is obviously not true. Its funny how such things come up, one day I would want to write up a book on rumours.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/i-am-not-the ... 703-8.html
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig,Alicia Keys and Pierce Brosnan all three get a nomination for a Rembrand Award 2009 (Counted for 2008 movie's like Oscar 2009),a Dutch film price choose by the Dutch public with a vote system.

Daniel Craig being nominated for QOS,but the price going to Heath Ledger for TDK.
Alicia Keys being nominated for best movie song for QOS,but the price going to Ilse De Lange a dutch famale singer for the Dutch movie Bride Flight.

Mamma Mia! being nominated for best non Dutch of 2008 together with TDK and won.
http://www.mi6forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=47199

Thelma

Post by Thelma »

New Bond girl Jennifer Aniston

Jennifer Aniston is being considered for a role in the next James Bond film.

The 40-year-old actress - who recently expressed an interest in appearing in the British spy film franchise - is set to be offered a screen test for the follow up to 'Quantum of Solace' which will star Daniel Craig as James Bond.

A source at EON, the production company which makes the James Bond films, said: "Jennifer has all the qualities we are looking for in a Bond girl. She has to be beautiful but she also needs to have brains.

"It helps if she's athletic and able to keep up with intense stunt work a Bond movie demands.

"It is likely she'll be called in to meet producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson soon."

Jennifer previously said of her Bond aspirations: "I get offered funny, quirky, pretty roles. But I'd love to do an action movie. James Bond - glamour. Daniel Craig. Sh*t-loads of fun."

Jennifer quickly bonded with Daniel when she met him at a Night Before Party ahead of this years Oscars.

A source said: "Jennifer was speaking to Daniel and his girlfriend Satsuki Mitchell and they seemed to be getting on like a house on fire. They looked like old friends and would make a gorgeous pairing on the big screen."

http://www.myparkmag.co.uk/articles/cel ... iston.html