SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Sorry about starting the other thread, I thought we usually did reviews separately - it might also give those who don't want to read spoilers a chance to steer clear while still reading news here.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:"The film makes more of his patriotism and his resilience than any other Bond movie, and his relationship with M becomes all the more touching as we realise that she’s become the mother he virtually never had." Ah!!!
True, seems M is THE Bond girl in this more then the other two or three.
Fine with me. I always loved their relationship. I am at work and have time to indulge in the whole thing, as there is very little to do at the reception on a saturday.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
bumblebee wrote:"The film makes more of his patriotism and his resilience than any other Bond movie, and his relationship with M becomes all the more touching as we realise that she’s become the mother he virtually never had." Ah!!!
True, seems M is THE Bond girl in this more then the other two or three.
Fine with me. I always loved their relationship. I am at work and have time to indulge in the whole thing, as there is very little to do at the reception on a saturday.
Lucky you - you have access to DtD at work! :thumbup:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Sorry about starting the other thread, I thought we usually did reviews separately - it might also give those who don't want to read spoilers a chance to steer clear while still reading news here.
Yes, I or anybody shold have stgarted a thread from the beginning, but now, we were too far into it. Good thing, its mostly just links and comments, that tell nothing, so its save.

It has 98& wanna see at RT, but no rating yet, of course.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

"Indeed, for all its intimations of mortality and harping on obsolescence, Skyfall is more often than not a hoot, Craig having the confidence at last to lace his Bond’s killer instinct with a bone-dry wit and wry nonchalance."

I love this review, and reaffirms our pondering after his appearance on Fallon that he's now assumed the Bond mantle with pride and ease. Thanks for posting Elvenstar.

http://www.totalfilm.com/reviews/cinema/skyfall
Last edited by bumblebee on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:I hope not too early to start this thread - this from last night's preview. Oh sorry, just saw some are posted in the Twitter thread too :oops:

Skyfall review: 'frequently dazzling, utterly audacious'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... eview.html

When is a Bond film not a Bond film? It’s a question likely to prey on the minds of the very many cinema goers who will see this 23rd official 007 adventure. Skyfall shakes together familiar elements of the Ian Fleming canon – the cars, the guns, the exotic locales with the dames to match – into a blistering comic book escapade that the old Bond, and one suspects Fleming too, would find altogether alien.

Sam Mendes’s frequently dazzling, utterly audacious entry in the franchise has less in common with its much-loved predecessors than Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight. After its release in 2008 (when it left Quantum of Solace, the 22nd Bond film, trailing in its wake), Nolan’s pathbreaking superhero picture almost single-handedly reconfigured the modern blockbuster template. Like a wise old dog, 007 has studied it carefully, and learned some new tricks.

Here, Bond (Daniel Craig) faces a foe almost as inscrutable as the Joker himself: Raoul Silva (Javier Bardem), an ex-MI6 agent who worked with M (Judi Dench) in her pre-Handover Hong Kong days who has returned, unhinged by a perceived betrayal, as a master computer hacker bent on vengeance.

Bardem’s lip-lickingly camp turn makes him the oddest Bond villain since the Roger Moore era, and his nicotine hair flops queasily over his forehead in a way that calls to mind Julian Assange. By acknowledging the rise of cyberterrorism in the same way Nolan played on the West’s new vulnerability in the wake of 9/11, Skyfall is a Bond film for the Anonymous generation.

Mendes is unafraid to let the quieter dramatic moments breathe (a loaded conversation between Bond and Silva drew cheers at last night’s preview screening), and ace cinematographer Roger Deakins makes the wildly ambitious action sequences the most beautiful in Bond’s 50-year career. (The release of Skyfall marks the series’ half-centenary.)

The sensational Istanbul-set prologue is soon bettered by a early soujourn to Shanghai, in which Bond pursues an assassin through a glass skyscraper lit up like a neon Aurora Borealis. This is Skyfall’s popcorn-dropping moment, and an uneven third act that harks back to the Bond films of old (the Goldfinger Aston Martin DB5 makes an appearance) never quite coheres.

“We don’t go in for exploding pens any more,” quips young Q (Ben Whishaw). Nor do audiences, which is why I suspect Skyfall will be a stratospheric hit.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

BTW - Hi Grip :wave:

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

There's a press screening in NYC tonight. So get ready for another twitter onslaught and reviews to follow tomorrow.
There is also a press junket tomorrow with DC and the rest of the cast in NYC.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:There's a press screening in NYC tonight. So get ready for another twitter onslaught and reviews to follow tomorrow.
\:D/ even though I am exhausted :lol:
But its a good way to spend time during boring job time.

caramel

Post by caramel »

Sylvia's girl wrote:8h Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty
I'm covering the SKYFALL junket in NYC this weekend. I see the movie tomorrow night and talk with cast Sunday. Tweet me any questions u have
YAY! Junket time! :dance2: :jump: :jumpfire:
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

really happy about the fact that seems the humour is promonent this time
loved Qos but that film really lacked in that department

u can vote 4 ur fav Bond here
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2012/10/m ... -2012.html
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:There's a press screening in NYC tonight. So get ready for another twitter onslaught and reviews to follow tomorrow.
Thank heavens the world-wide premiere is still in London or else at this rate we would miss out on him all around. :roll: :evil:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

There is something about him in France TV right now. Several tweets.

Je regarde 50 minutes inside! La c sur Daniel Craig! 007!

Oui Daniel Craaaaaaaaig ! #50mnInside #TF1 Le parfait James Bond. #Skyfall