SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

advicky

Post by advicky »

From Bourne to Bond?
Oscar nominee rumored as Bond 23 director.

Although Bond 23 is still a long ways away from becoming a reality -- producer Michael G. Wilson has said 2011 is the earliest possible release date for the sequel -- the Internet has been abuzz of late with rumored contenders to direct the film.

MI6 points out an article at Cinema Blend that claims "Bond's producers are still trying to pick the franchise's new director and our source tells us that one of the name's at the top of their list may be Tony Gilroy." Gilroy, an Oscar nominee for writing and directing Michael Clayton, co-wrote the scripts for the three Jason Bourne films.

Considering how much the Daniel Craig-James Bond films have borrowed from Bourne (including the hiring of stunt coordinator and second unit director Dan Bradley for Quantum of Solace), it makes sense that the Bond producers might want to poach Gilroy's services, too. Gilroy certainly didn't seem overly fond of Bond in this October 2007 interview, where he said Bourne is "a different model [than Bond]. It's not about wardrobe and clothes, it's not about 'shaken not stirred.' It's not about the Walther PPK or about the equipment. You can't strap it on somebody else. It's really about this guy. It's very intimate, that's its value. That's why it's so popular."

But as Cinema Blend makes clear, Gilroy "is just one of the possibilities being considered. ... He's just in the running and things are so early that it's entirely likely the film's producers will simply deny that they're even considering him, since they're still a long way away from hiring anyone."

Gilroy's latest release Duplicity, a caper starring Julia Roberts and fan favorite Bond contender Clive Owen, has met with mixed reviews and fair box office receipts since its release March 20.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/971/971156p1.html
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

PLEEEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :shock: :( :?
No dull Bond like Clayton or Duplicity!
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Why do they have to get a different director to do every new Bond movie?? :shock: I suppose a different director gives it a new flavour and approach and they don't end up repeating themselves... But I thought Martin Campbell is the definitive director of Bond. Where would be the harm in getting him back on board?? :)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I thing at this point, all we hear is plain rumour with no solid ground whatsoever. Guess the papers amuse themselves like we do :wink:
To get Martin Campbell beck for example looks good on first view - but he will too old, no? In his late 60´s. The way he is doing his films - first in the morning - last in the eve, it might be just too hard at this age. Too bad...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Don't know if this rumour has been posted but I saw that there was talk about Danny Boyle as director..
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Cicero wrote:Don't know if this rumour has been posted but I saw that there was talk about Danny Boyle as director..
DB has already denied that...:wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Germangirl wrote:
Cicero wrote:Don't know if this rumour has been posted but I saw that there was talk about Danny Boyle as director..
DB has already denied that...:wink:
Allright, thanks :D
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Just get Mathew Vaughn!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Elvenstar wrote:Just get Mathew Vaughn!
I am with you on that - although I don´t know, how good he can do action.

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Germangirl wrote:
Matthew Vaughns work on Layercake was obviously excellent but I thought Starlight was s**t!! Maybe the genre just didn't appeal to me? I wonder if Vaughn has enough directorial experience for Bond. They need somebody who is a bit fearless and not afraid of the huge demands of stunts and action scenes... Just my H/O! :)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

NextBondGirl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Matthew Vaughns work on Layercake was obviously excellent but I thought Starlight was s**t!! Maybe the genre just didn't appeal to me? I wonder if Vaughn has enough directorial experience for Bond. They need somebody who is a bit fearless and not afraid of the huge demands of stunts and action scenes... Just my H/O! :)
Due to the credit crunch, which will last some time, we might get a more stripped down Bond 23 which might be just right after the high budget of QOS. More acting for Daniel, less action...Would work for me. Then MV would be perfect - a larger scale LC :wink:

Discussion opened on that - anybody?

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
NextBondGirl wrote:
Germangirl wrote: I am with you on that - although I don´t know, how good he can do action.
Due to the credit crunch, which will last some time, we might get a more stripped down Bond 23 which might be just right after the high budget of QOS. More acting for Daniel, less action...Would work for me. Then MV would be perfect - a larger scale LC :wink:

Discussion opened on that - anybody?
But I just saw a feature on the news this weekend that the box office is booming, with people choosing to go to the movies more instead of vacations/holidays, etc.

But, I wouldn't say "no" to seeing Bond "stripped down" Image
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

NextBondGirl wrote:Matthew Vaughns work on Layercake was obviously excellent but I thought Starlight was s**t!! Maybe the genre just didn't appeal to me?
IMO Stardust was great. A great entertainment for viewers of all ages.

A funny fairy tale with great actors who don't take themselves serious, I loved it and all our friends loved it, too. We made a big happening going to the cinema with 3 families and children from 10 to 15. We all enjoyed this movie.
Last edited by Dunda on Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote: But I just saw a feature on the news this weekend that the box office is booming, with people choosing to go to the movies more instead of vacations/holidays, etc.

But, I wouldn't say "no" to seeing Bond "stripped down" Image
Then lets hope this trend will continue - not necessarely for them to make highly exspensive films, but for them to make them at all and not having to cut down the number of movies. Relaying more on plot than on action could be a good thing, yes :D

chocolatecake

Post by chocolatecake »

Robert De Niro was hilarious!

Dunda wrote:
NextBondGirl wrote:Matthew Vaughns work on Layercake was obviously excellent but I thought Starlight was s**t!! Maybe the genre just didn't appeal to me?
IMO Stardust was great. A great entertainment for viewers of all ages.

A funny fairy tale with great actors who don't take themselves serious, I loved it and all our friends loved it, too. We made a big happening going to the cinema with 3 families and children from 10 to 15. We all enjoyed this movie.