SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Pretty much the same WITHOUT that last sentence :lol:, which i takle as a good sign

Spyglass Partners Roger Birnbaum And Gary Barber Inch Closer To MGM Reins

As expected, the MGM ownership situation is getting closer to being sorted, and it won't be long before the Lion has a chance to roar again. Or at least emerge from its cage . Spyglass chiefs Roger Birnbaum and Gary Barber have signed non-binding letters of intent that will make them MGM co-chairmen/CEOs. That leads to the next step, which is a pre-packaged bankruptcy proceeding that would convert debt to equity, removing the $4 billion albatross from around the Lion's neck so that it can start generating films again. The prepackaged bankruptcy allows the company to be restructured while it freezes existing deals for franchises that include the James Bond series and The Hobbit.

The LA Times reports that the Spyglass guys are already looking past this hurdle, and are talking with Ken Schapiro about coming aboard as COO. He's a vet of Qualia Capital, which was among the entities that kicked the tires on MGM before management decided to go with Birnbaum and Barber, who are expected to make projects but will likely eliminate the studio's marketing and distribution arms and set the projects up elsewhere. All this means that The Hobbit, with Peter Jackson at the helm, can move forward, with co-financing partner Warner Bros distributing The Hobbit. Warner Bros, Sony Pictures Entertainment and 20th Century Fox will likely compete for custody of the Bond series. Also in the mix are remakes of films that include Robocop, as well as development projects like the Robert Ludlum thriller The Matarese Circle, which at one time, had Denzel Washington attached to star with Tom Cruise, and David Cronenberg directing.

All this leaves the existing executive team headed by Mary Parent looking at the exit, but that is also no surprise. Parent put together an enviable slate, but only released one projects--Hot Tub Time Machine-- and watched another, The Zookeeper, become a big Sony Pictures Entertainment summer 2011 release after creditors plunged the studio into a state of paralysis as they put a "for sale" sign on the studio.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/spyglas ... mgm-reins/
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Time to dust off the old props?

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

I'll dust those props any day Mrs B!! :twisted: :twisted:

I may even give the balls a polish too.

..............I don't believe I just said that! :shock: Image
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Spyglass signs letter of intent to run MGM

Back in early August we reported that Spyglass Entertainment’s co-heads Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum were close to a deal to run MGM studios. A deal has apparently been struck now as Barber and Birnbaum have both signed a nonbinding letter of intent to take over management of the studio. To finalize the deal MGM’s debt holders and board of directors will have to approve it. Looking ahead it’s been reported that the co-heads of Spyglass have already had talks with Hollywood executive Ken Schapiro about about becoming MGM’s chief operating officier.

Once the deal is approved MGM will enter into a prepackaged bankruptcy sometime around the 15th of September when their latest debt waiver expires. This process should last approximately two months. Under the deal reported in August MGM’s creditors will forgive the studio’s $4 billion debt in exchange for the bulk of the restructured studio’s new equity.

It is still unknown how soon any deal will effect the James Bond franchise. There has been numerous amounts of speculation as to whether MGM will continue to distribute films including future James Bond films. According to Deadline the franchise is hotly contested with Warner Bros, Sony Pictures Entertainment and 20th Century Fox all in the running as well as Paramount Pictures which is said to be making an “aggressive push” to capture Bond.

Assuming financing becomes available Bond 23 could be back on track and start shooting in time for a 2012 release. Director Sam Mendes is currently prepping a screen adaptation of Ian McEwan’s novel On Chesil Beach while Daniel Craig was recently signed to star in the anticipated adaptation of Stieg Larsson’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which will begin filming later this year. Craig is currently shooting Cowboys & Aliens, for which he has an option for a sequel.

Keep watching CommanderBond.net for all the latest Bond 23 developments.
http://commanderbond.net/12144/spyglass ... n-mgm.html
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

NOW they start talking :D don't mess it up again, guys.
2 months - maybe end of october all is clear and they get greenlit for pre production. Then a summer shoot is very likely and actually, 2012 being Bond anniversary year, they could just bring it into the theaters any time they want. Hope they don't wait till November. Summer has more competition, but so what? It will not tank because of that. The delay, the anniversary etc will give the film so much publicity, they don't have to be afraid IMO.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:NOW they start talking :D don't mess it up again, guys.
2 months - maybe end of october all is clear and they get greenlit for pre production. Then a summer shoot is very likely and actually, 2012 being Bond anniversary year, they could just bring it into the theaters any time they want. Hope they don't wait till November. Summer has more competition, but so what? It will not tank because of that. The delay, the anniversary etc will give the film so much publicity, they don't have to be afraid IMO.
Starting to feel cautiously optomistic. Hope there are no more spanners in the works. filming next year with a 2012 release in time for the anniversary would be just perfect! :D .....Can't wait. :hyper:
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Yeah, I guess I can wait until 2012 if that means that Bond 23 will definitely get the go-ahead ... it is looking distinctly more positive than it did a few months ago. 2012 does seem a long wait but, if you think about it, we only have three and a half more months until we hit 2011 and the Daniel Craig Bandwagon can begin to roll. YEE-HAW!!! :lol:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

MGM to be reborn as TV producer, debt free http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?ite ... um=twitter
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Notning new, but still the latest article. I say, they will be able to start next year... :D

Bloomberg: MGM Creditors To Vote On Pre-Packaged Bankruptcy Plan This Month
MGM creditors will be asked to approve a restructuring and pre-packaged bankruptcy plan for the studio within the next week or two, Bloomberg reports. This follows Spyglass chiefs Roger Birnbaum and Gary Barber’s signing non-binding letters of intent on Wednesday to become MGM co-chairmen/CEOs. So this next step of a pre-packaged bankruptcy proceeding has been expected for months. It would convert debt to equity and remove the $4 billion debt which has crippled the studio so that it can start generating films again. According to Bloomberg, Birnbaum and Barber would receive 5% of the merged company for their film library, valued at $100M.
http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

bumblebee wrote:Time to dust off the old props?

Aaaaahahaha! Hopefully!

But seriously, this is great news. We'll get to see another Bond movie in the not too distant future. Not that I ever really doubted it. :wink:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
khenton

Post by khenton »

Can't help it. That photo (crtoch grab) just the best. My brother who doesn't know DC from adam took one look at that photo and laughed himself sick. Must be a guy thing.

I also have DC on my cell voice mail. He says something silly like you have a license to call. Any way my brother informed me that he doesn't sound real friendly. I told him--Bond--friendly!!!!!! LOLK
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

They should improve resemblance with Daniel Craig,his avatar in the games dosen't seem him.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Bond 23 Going Into Production Summer 2011?

While reporting on the fact that a movie version of The Hunger Games trilogy of novels is gearing up for production, Deadline.com notes that original director Sam Mendes has dropped out of the production and the reason is that he's clearing his slate for Bond 23.
Writes Deadline, "Mendes bowed out of contention last Friday, and I’m told it was because the MGM picture is clearing up and it looks like production on 007 could begin by late summer or early fall, 2011 with Mendes at the helm and Daniel Craig back in the Aston Martin."

That should be something of a relief to 007 fans and another sign of how crowded summer 2012 is really getting to be (with, among many others, Star Trek 2 and The Avengers coming out during that period as well).

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=22614
chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Bond 23 Going Into Production Summer 2011?

While reporting on the fact that a movie version of The Hunger Games trilogy of novels is gearing up for production, Deadline.com notes that original director Sam Mendes has dropped out of the production and the reason is that he's clearing his slate for Bond 23.
Writes Deadline, "Mendes bowed out of contention last Friday, and I’m told it was because the MGM picture is clearing up and it looks like production on 007 could begin by late summer or early fall, 2011 with Mendes at the helm and Daniel Craig back in the Aston Martin."

That should be something of a relief to 007 fans and another sign of how crowded summer 2012 is really getting to be (with, among many others, Star Trek 2 and The Avengers coming out during that period as well).

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=22614
Well, if that was true it would really be fantastic news!