Hadrian

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

If he is going to do this it's because it's something of a challenge, he's not someone you should underestimate remember what happened when the braying mob thought he wouldn't cut it as bond.
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

I agree with you, honeyjes. :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

honeyjes wrote:If he is going to do this it's because it's something of a challenge, he's not someone you should underestimate remember what happened when the braying mob thought he wouldn't cut it as bond.
I think, this is the way he is looking at all his choices anyway - is it a challenge?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

Thru the thread is quite older i want to share my opinion:
First of all the movie shall be based on the book Memoirs of Hadrian of Marguerite Yourcenar,and that movie is an european productions,so we shall not have problems with wrong costume etc.

Emperor Hadrian was one the biggest and saviour emperor in all Roman History,he made also a lot of things,liketry to abolish slavery, introduce the public health system, improved instuctions,and changed some laws.

Hadrian was strawberry blond,where do you take the idea he was short and dark in hairs?

Antinous was thin with black hair,as he was bythin,a region of Hellen.

Hadrian wasen't for sure homosexual,we can call him bisexual at least,in that time was normal to share experience with both sex,like a sort of life experience.Was called Greek pederasty,but isn't allowed between adult males...the senior should be the active in relationships the junior the passive.In other way a relationship between two mans wasen't allowed nor tolerated.

Antinous ineed was the Hadrian minion,but he wasen't the only one,Hadrian had several female lovers too.

If gay associaton would like to call that homosexual ancient love relationships let then claim in this way,but nothing is true besides Hadrian and Antinous had a physical and sexual relationship.
It's also untrue that Hadrian builted Villa Adriana,in Tivoli,for his minion,Villa Adriana was the special place for the Emperor where he rest often as he dislike Rome,and apparently Rome and Roman dislike him too.

And besides that i would love to see a movie like this,i'm pretty sure Craig would do an excellent work.
socha

hadrian

Post by socha »

i'm sorry to disagree, but in my opinion hadrian was most definitely a homosexual. he did not like women, not even his own wife. a wife, who by the way, would not even share a bed with the man.
$abbatha

Re: hadrian

Post by $abbatha »

socha wrote:i'm sorry to disagree, but in my opinion hadrian was most definitely a homosexual. he did not like women, not even his own wife. a wife, who by the way, would not even share a bed with the man.
You can disagree as much as you prefer,anyone have their own opinion,in mine Hadrian was at least bisexual and not homosexual,try to read something about as i did,Hadrian didn't like his own wife, simply because the marriage was an arranged marriage,Vibia Sabina was nephew of Plotina,the Trajian wife,and this liason was needed for Hadrian to became the heir of the former Emperor Trajian.

Again Hadrian had several female lovers too.

Also you can't call homosexual an middle aged man ,so called adult,that had sexual preference with 14 or 15 years old boys,that at least qualifies Hadrian as pedophile or pederast,not homosexual.

In that ancient time the greek pederasty was simply common.

Also ta had sexual homosexual experience was common even in woman.

It would be careful to call the relationship between Antinous and Hadrian a consensual healthy relationship...
in that way we give some excuse to pederasty or pedophilia.

Maybe for homosexuals the main important thing about Emperor Hadrian is to claim that he loved a younger man,that was Antinous, but to me Hadrian is much more than this.

If for homosexuals is so much important the realtionship between these two then better say the naked truth:
Hadrian was pedophile,as i woulden't call in different way a physical sexual relationships between a 48 years old man and a 14 years old boy.

BTW i don't really wish to argue as i would go OT,i'm not willing to focus attention on sexual preference of Hadrian,but simply i'm trying to give some more infos about his life.

We're discussing here about a movie and not on life of Emperor Hadrian himself.

PS
weird uh?
You have so small number of post,and i never seen you browsing around this forum,funny how you choose to post just over here you opinion and just when someone mentions about sexual preference,really funny.

PPS
If my post seems to rude or flaming please mods remove it,Thanks.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Ladies, anybody is entitled to express his/her own opinion, but please keep it friendly and polite.

A forum only can work if anybody can express his/her own thoughts without being attacked or showed up.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

Dunda wrote:Ladies, anybody is entitled to express his/her own opinion, but please keep it friendly and polite.

A forum only can work if anybody can express his/her own thoughts without being attacked or showed up.
I'm sorry Dunda,anyway i don't wish to argue on this no more.
I don't think to being unpolite,just wished to pointed out some things.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

It was just a friendly reminder for anyone :wink:

And I felt I had to say something due to your P.S. :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

Dunda wrote:It was just a friendly reminder for anyone :wink:

And I felt I had to say something due to your P.S. :wink:
No problem,thanks for telling ^^