Hadrian

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Hey Cy , long time no read , were ya been ? Missed ya !
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

I so hope this will not happen... Hadrian is one of my favourite emperors, but still... The man had serious connections to my research area, but NOOOOOOO. Somehow I cannot imagine Daniel in that role...

I usually dislike all movies/TVshows even trying to portray aGreek and/or Roman period s they are more or less just horrible. Too much of a professional thing for me? Might have to check the Yourcenar book (a fictionalised bio of Hadrian) finally, though. I might have read it years ago, but I'm not really absolutely certain...

Grip
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Can you you tell more about him ? The wik version was kind of long and dry so I stopped reading it .
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

laredo wrote:Hey Cy , long time no read , were ya been ? Missed ya !
No where near a computer unless it was for work. I was working 4 jobs until July. I was cooking weekends at a boarding school. I peeked at the pics now and again. But now I am back. Thanks for missing me, I have been missing all of you too!
redluna

Post by redluna »

Cyanaurora wrote:
laredo wrote:Hey Cy , long time no read , were ya been ? Missed ya !
No where near a computer unless it was for work. I was working 4 jobs until July. I was cooking weekends at a boarding school. I peeked at the pics now and again. But now I am back. Thanks for missing me, I have been missing all of you too!
Good to have you back Cy!
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

I hope its not true actually... :? Thought he will do a small brit flick again (sometime there was a speculation of Layer cake 2). Though I have a secret dream of him in a comedy a la Love actually :wink:
Last edited by Elvenstar on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muireann

Post by muireann »

Yeah, Layer Cake 2!!!
This would be nice!!! :twisted: :twisted: :D :D
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

muireann wrote:Yeah, Layer Cake 2!!!
This would be nice!!! :twisted: :twisted: :D :D
There were several alternate endings, so you never know. I too would like to see him do some classic romantic comedy.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

two bits of good news, DCs next part... maybe and the return of Cy. Good to see you around again!
Crazy!
redluna

Post by redluna »

laredo wrote:Can you you tell more about him ? The wik version was kind of long and dry so I stopped reading it .
Hadrian, who was emperor from 117 to 138 AD, is renowned for his love of Greek culture, his ruthless military achievements and his construction of a coast-to-coast wall spanning the width of northern England, which once marked the northernmost outpost of the Empire.
But he is also known for his turbulent personal life.
Historians believe he had serious problems in his marriage to Vibia Sabina, who he wed when she was 14, both because of his own homosexuality and Sabina's independent nature.
There were even rumours that Hadrian poisoned her, although these do not sit well with the fact that he declared her a goddess after her death.
Hadrian's passionate devotion to his young male lover Antinous, meanwhile ended tragically when Antinous drowned in the Nile in AD 130 in mysterious circumstances.
The emperor never got over his loss, erecting statues of the boy across the Roman empire, building temples in his honour and even naming an Egyptian city after him.
Hadrian died after an illness, aged 62, at his villa overlooking the Bay of Naples.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Thanks for the Cliff Notes Red , you the bomb .
redluna

Post by redluna »

laredo wrote:Thanks for the Cliff Notes Red , you the bomb .
You're welcome Laredo! I've studied Latin seven years in school and so I've learned a lot of the history too.
redluna

Post by redluna »

Charlie Hunnam Will Seduce Daniel Craig in Hadrian

http://www.charmants.com/2008/08/01/cha ... n-hadrian/
Lu

Post by Lu »

Sorry, but I cannot roll my eyes enough over this Hadrian thing. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh well, if Daniel is in it, I'll still suffer through it at least once. :lol:
My books!

louise

Post by louise »

Charlie Hunnam was great in Queer as folk, so two beautiful blokes together, please let it be true. :D