Hadrian

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

redluna

Post by redluna »

Lu wrote:Sorry, but I cannot roll my eyes enough over this Hadrian thing. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh well, if Daniel is in it, I'll still suffer through it at least once. :lol:
Oh come on Lu! I bet there will be a spanking-scene in the movie especially for your pleasure. :twisted: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

They are going to film in Spain , I really want to go there some day .
Lu

Post by Lu »

redluna wrote:
Lu wrote:Sorry, but I cannot roll my eyes enough over this Hadrian thing. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh well, if Daniel is in it, I'll still suffer through it at least once. :lol:
Oh come on Lu! I bet there will be a spanking-scene in the movie especially for your pleasure. :twisted: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
***snortttttttt***

I doubt it...but that would send me running to the theater for sure. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
My books!

Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

agrippina wrote: Grip
Agrippina!! I'm watching the History Channel and they are talking about Agrippina! Sister of Caligula, niece and later wife of Claudis and mother of Nero! Those are a lot of hats to wear.

Here is some easy listening info on Hadrian.

http://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/a ... drian.aspx
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

DC starring in Memoirs of Hadrian is all over the Gay news, but not the mainstream news, from what I can tell. Initially reported in The Advocate.
Crazy!
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Soory for the late reply, but travelling days kind of intruded in my internet access.

Ok, here's the English wikipedia for Hadrian, pretty thorough-looking one at that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadrian

I wonder if I could arrange myself to Rome IF they film there :lol: There are a lot of well preserved Roman ruins in North Africa and I think Morocco has been used previously for many a production (incl. Gladiator), so they probably have a lot of stuff ready for use...

Hadrian is my man as he built perhaps the largest ever Roman villa ca. 20 km northeast of Rome, called Villa Adriana, about 110 ha of buildings and parks, quite fantastic. If you ever go to Rome and want to spend a perfect day in the country, go there to hang out, and then maybe take the bus up to Tivoli to check Villa D'Este and in general one of the loveliest Medieval towns in the vicinity of Rome! Btw., in the TV version of Angels in America, Villa Adriana was featured as heaven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadrian's_Villa

And, yes, "my" Agrippina is indeed mother of Emperor Nero, and quite an interesting person indeed... She also owned a huge villa in my research area (actually the modern city of Frascati is built on the ruins).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agrippina_the_Younger

I think all the news services are repeating the Daily Mirror/Star story (can't remember which Daily...) as at least I have yet to see anything more official on it.

Ach, I'm starting to imagine Daniel with a (probably) dark curly wig and a matching beard... I guess they could to what was done in Gladiator and sort of ignore the official portraiture and fashions of the 2nd century AD and go for the Julio-Claudian (just a century before after all!) short-hair-and-no-beard look, but for authenticity I hope not. Hadrian was a big fan of all things Greek and the beard and the hairstyle were sort of an homage to the look of great philosophers and in general Greek portaiture. He sort of marks a break in the tradition as his predecessor, Trajan, still very much looked like Augustus and his successors.

Then I do hope they go for a slightly more real look for imperial palaces and in general for houses etc. I hated what they did in Gladiator and Rome (TV series that is)...

Grip (The Roman Architecture Enthusiast)
Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

agrippina wrote:Soory for the late reply, but travelling days kind of intruded in my internet access.

Ok, here's the English wikipedia for Hadrian, pretty thorough-looking one at that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadrian

I wonder if I could arrange myself to Rome IF they film there :lol: There are a lot of well preserved Roman ruins in North Africa and I think Morocco has been used previously for many a production (incl. Gladiator), so they probably have a lot of stuff ready for use...

Hadrian is my man as he built perhaps the largest ever Roman villa ca. 20 km northeast of Rome, called Villa Adriana, about 110 ha of buildings and parks, quite fantastic. If you ever go to Rome and want to spend a perfect day in the country, go there to hang out, and then maybe take the bus up to Tivoli to check Villa D'Este and in general one of the loveliest Medieval towns in the vicinity of Rome! Btw., in the TV version of Angels in America, Villa Adriana was featured as heaven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadrian's_Villa

And, yes, "my" Agrippina is indeed mother of Emperor Nero, and quite an interesting person indeed... She also owned a huge villa in my research area (actually the modern city of Frascati is built on the ruins).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agrippina_the_Younger

I think all the news services are repeating the Daily Mirror/Star story (can't remember which Daily...) as at least I have yet to see anything more official on it.

Ach, I'm starting to imagine Daniel with a (probably) dark curly wig and a matching beard... I guess they could to what was done in Gladiator and sort of ignore the official portraiture and fashions of the 2nd century AD and go for the Julio-Claudian (just a century before after all!) short-hair-and-no-beard look, but for authenticity I hope not. Hadrian was a big fan of all things Greek and the beard and the hairstyle were sort of an homage to the look of great philosophers and in general Greek portaiture. He sort of marks a break in the tradition as his predecessor, Trajan, still very much looked like Augustus and his successors.

Then I do hope they go for a slightly more real look for imperial palaces and in general for houses etc. I hated what they did in Gladiator and Rome (TV series that is)...

Grip (The Roman Architecture Enthusiast)
Thanks for the mini series! It's great. When were you last in Roma? I was last there in about 1996 or 97. I tied to eat everything in sight! I'll see about the vacation thread (I haven't visited the thread) If it's appropriate I'll post my architectural ruins from the trip.
Last edited by Liverpool Rules on Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

It's been 28 yrs but I think I went to a place called Tivoli Gardens . Thanks for the short version Grip.
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

agrippina wrote:Ach, I'm starting to imagine Daniel with a (probably) dark curly wig and a matching beard... I guess they could to what was done in Gladiator and sort of ignore the official portraiture and fashions of the 2nd century AD and go for the Julio-Claudian (just a century before after all!) short-hair-and-no-beard look, but for authenticity I hope not. Hadrian was a big fan of all things Greek and the beard and the hairstyle were sort of an homage to the look of great philosophers and in general Greek portaiture. He sort of marks a break in the tradition as his predecessor, Trajan, still very much looked like Augustus and his successors.
Maybe he'll be sporting a beard like the one Lord Asriel had? That would be fine with me, but PLEASE PLEASE no dark curly wig! :shock: :P
Otherwise I do hope they will try to be as authentic as possible. Daniel would have to learn to ride bareback with no stirrups. YEAH. 8)
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
darkphoenix2345

Post by darkphoenix2345 »

I have to agree that the thought of DC wearing a dark curly wig does not appeal to me. How about his hair is dyed dark only and he has stubble. :twisted:
James Bond: Why is it that people who can't take advice always insist on giving it?
Lu

Post by Lu »

oh God, it's gets worse and worse...curly wig...horse riding... :lol: Oh Daniel.
My books!

Deb

Post by Deb »

Anglophile wrote:
agrippina wrote:Ach, I'm starting to imagine Daniel with a (probably) dark curly wig and a matching beard... I guess they could to what was done in Gladiator and sort of ignore the official portraiture and fashions of the 2nd century AD and go for the Julio-Claudian (just a century before after all!) short-hair-and-no-beard look, but for authenticity I hope not. Hadrian was a big fan of all things Greek and the beard and the hairstyle were sort of an homage to the look of great philosophers and in general Greek portaiture. He sort of marks a break in the tradition as his predecessor, Trajan, still very much looked like Augustus and his successors.
Maybe he'll be sporting a beard like the one Lord Asriel had? That would be fine with me, but PLEASE PLEASE no dark curly wig! :shock: :P
Otherwise I do hope they will try to be as authentic as possible. Daniel would have to learn to ride bareback with no stirrups. YEAH. 8)
Sounds good to me this minute :D
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Somewhat of a DC pattern here - dyed dark hair, gay seduction. What next cross dressing? Daniel as a woman- "Priscilla Queen of the Desert - Part II". :twisted:
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Oddly enough I was thinking the same thing .LOL
redluna

Post by redluna »

bumblebee wrote:Somewhat of a DC pattern here - dyed dark hair, gay seduction. What next cross dressing? Daniel as a woman- "Priscilla Queen of the Desert - Part II". :twisted:
You crack me up bumblebee Image