Hadrian

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

ChristineWhiting

Hadrian

Post by ChristineWhiting »

Oooooh, not sure about this. Is it true first of all? Loved 'Love is the Devil' which Daniel himself signed when i briefly met him at the BFI early in year. I am sure i will enjoy it, but to the general public it could be too much. The kiss in Enduring Love is hard to watch, the hint of anual rape in 'Infamous' took my breathe away and all i could think was 'no he wouldn't'. So great go for it if its true and raise the awareness of this man's real life and tell a great story. But don't make it too dirty(a little please), but more arty. There is a fine line and with the Bond torch to hold as well, Daniel you will be on your tiptoes for this one. Bloody Good Luck to you, but don't over cook it. Christine
StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

Yeah I was shocked about him doing Hadrian. I was hoping for a more indie film, maybe a sequel to Some Voices - but he seems to be aiming at the big films now. I like the way you said holding the Bond torch - conjures up a strange image! Especially with the Olympics coming up in China!

StarryDannyFan xx
ChristineWhiting

Post by ChristineWhiting »

I love Ray/Some Voices too, but i don't ever think there will be a 2. It was sooo great the first time, you could not top it. It's good to leave things to the imagination sometimes, and that way we all have our own end to the story in our own minds. I watched it again when having a quiet day recently, and you can't help but want to wave a magic wand to make it 'all better' for him.
The torch comment does sound funny as i reread it, please don't anyone photoshop that image. Perhaps i should of used the word 'mantle', but hey anything in his hand would get a girl smiling.
Christine
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

I'm glad he's doing this.
This film could go either way, wither it'll rock or itll be lame. My guess is Craig is a shoe in for an oscar nom if all goes to plan.
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

I'm lost.....what or who is Hadrian?

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

sharmaine wrote:I'm lost.....what or who is Hadrian?
Roman big wig (emperor actually), built a wall between England and Scotland (Hadrian's Wall) to keep the barbarians out or some such thing, according to Wikipedia no one knows for sure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadrian
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

Hadrian was especially famous for his relationship with a Greek youth, Antinous, whom he met in Bithynia in 124 when the boy was thirteen or fourteen. While touring Egypt in 130, Antinous mysteriously drowned in the Nile. Deeply saddened, Hadrian founded the Egyptian city of Antinopolis, and had Antinous deified - an unprecedented honour for one not of the ruling family.
Hmmmm, interesting. What? Mr. Craig wants to portray a Roman emporer who has a penchant for very young boys? *clears throat* *cough* I dare say, not much of a challenge for this man as he's played homosexuals before but this is a risky move to say the least. Depends how it is done ie: Tom Hanks in Philadelphia Story - homosexuality is implied but the focus is on his character not his love interests. (Although Antonio Banderas makes one hot little love interest :twisted: ) I would watch anything Daniel did and it would be interesting to see such a story done as only he could do it.

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I don't imagine it would be too randy if it were to play in the states or it would have 2 versions .
StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

OMG!!!!! Daniel snogging a 13/14 years old boy, I don't think he would do that... He is fiercely strong about protecting children, so I don't think it will happen.

Christine - I know - Ray is so cute, I feel that I want to make things better for you too but it is soooo frustrating having no firm ending to Some Voices, I want to see a follow up to what Ray is doing now, and who he is with now. I would love to see Some Voices 2, I agree the film is so great and everybody works well in that film. But I am dying to see how Ray is doing now in our time.

LOLLLLLLL - I do want to see an image of Daniel carrying the torch please!

StarryDannyFan xx
darkphoenix2345

Post by darkphoenix2345 »

I for one am excited to see this project come to the big screen. IMO the film will most likely cover all aspects of Emperor Hadrian's life not only his sexual one. I doubt it will be Caligula 2 for heaven's sake. Although I hope it doesn't turn out like Alexander. :( If this emperor had an intense relationship with a young Greek guy I wonder which twenty something actor will portray him? I can't wait to see the Craig in a Roman soldier's uniform and toga. Hail Emperor Hadrian! :twisted:
James Bond: Why is it that people who can't take advice always insist on giving it?
Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

Just as I expected a bad haircut (wig) for Daniel. :evil:
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

I recall dc saying he hated to do period pieced. I wonder if this report is true? It is good to be able to post again!
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

HOLY SHIT, CY!!!!!!
I've missed you girl....nice to see your name.
I literally jumped out of my seat when I saw it....I know, pathetic isn't it?
Welcome back sweetie.

Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Thanks sharmaine. I got a blackberry. I can now post from any where, any time. I even put a pic of dc on my screen!
Ang

Post by Ang »

Cyanaurora wrote:I recall dc saying he hated to do period pieced. I wonder if this report is true? It is good to be able to post again!
but the recent series on tv about the Roman period were actually quite modern in the way they were written, more like The Godfather than a period drama. I don't know if his casting is pure rumour, I did hear they were making a film of Hadrian but I thought another actor was named as a contender for main role. Whatever, I would be happy about him trying something different, stretching the expectations of him; it's common for an actor once they get super famous to just be limited to doing blockbuster type films and once you're only known for those films people stop approaching you for the smaller more unusual parts, a position I doubt Daniel wants to be in. He'd be better off having a career like Christian Bale, Batman on the one hand, The Machinist and Harsh Times on the other, he could do anything and noone would be surprised.