Dan on GMTV

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

BondBabe2008

Dan on GMTV

Post by BondBabe2008 »

Hey check this out as I saw this before I departed my house for work this morning as I thought of all of you :D :D

http://www.gm.tv/
fond-of-bond

Post by fond-of-bond »

BondBabe2008

Post by BondBabe2008 »

Opppps Sorry :oops: :oops:
breefree7

Post by breefree7 »

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but can anyone explain why people are wearing poppies on their lapels? I'd thought that was done on Remembrance Day, but that's in November.......
Ang

Post by Ang »

breefree7 wrote:Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but can anyone explain why people are wearing poppies on their lapels? I'd thought that was done on Remembrance Day, but that's in November.......
It is for Remembrance Day but the Royal Legion start selling them in the build up to November 11 as they raise money from each poppy to help ex servicemen and the widows, widowers and families of servicemen and women. People on tv wear them during the build up to encourage other people to buy them.
breefree7

Post by breefree7 »

Ang wrote:
breefree7 wrote:Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but can anyone explain why people are wearing poppies on their lapels? I'd thought that was done on Remembrance Day, but that's in November.......
It is for Remembrance Day but the Royal Legion start selling them in the build up to November 11 as they raise money from each poppy to help ex servicemen and the widows, widowers and families of servicemen and women. People on tv wear them during the build up to encourage other people to buy them.
Thanks, Ang! I always think its neat that they have such public show of support for veterans -- and that it's not politicized like in the US! :)