daniel & sats

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

For one thing, the article has D&R's marriage month wrong.

The bit written in red is a new read for me - the way he spoke about SM, if the author is correct.

Daniel Craig’s Ex Moves On To Sex and The City Hunk

MAY 29TH, 2012 AT 1:19 PM BY ANNE

Satsuki Mitchell sure has exquisite taste in her men. We all know the story of how she was with Daniel Craig for years, and engaged, when he pulled the plug on that relationship to be with his Dream House co-star Rachel Weisz. At around the same time she left her fiancee and father of her daughter, Darren Aranofsky (Black Swan) and the two married on the down low in November, 2011.

It hasn't been easy for Mitchell getting over the abruptness with which her relationship ended. Her father flapped his gums to the Daily Mail apparently:

"His sudden marriage came out of nowhere. We heard about it like everyone else, by reading the newspapers. She doesn’t mention his name now and tells me off if I do," he said. "Satsuki has only just reached a happy place. She has since said, more than once, that the break-up was the best thing for her. She knew he was not the man she wanted him to be and there was something wrong in the relationship."

It's funny (not literally), because I remember at an awards' show and how Craig mentioned in his speech that he loved Satsuki Mitchell and I remember thinking at the time that he seemed to be 'reassuring' her as opposed to expressing his love to her (if that makes sense). They panned to her in the audience and I remember also thinking they didn't seem a 'match'. Don't get me wrong, I'm not making a judgment on looks at all, but sometimes there either is or isn't a 'connection'. So while it was probably very painful for her (especially with it being public and all) in the end it's always better, especially if the person really isn't all that in to you. Everyone deserves to be loved unconditionally. And a woman always knows when a man is not really 'into' her.

Anywho, she is dating Samantha of Sex and the City's boytoy Jason Lewis (who played Smith Jerrod on the Bravo show). According to the New York Post the couple were seen vacationing together in Hawaii during the Memorial Day weekend walking along the beach and frolicking in the ocean. It is not known whether the two are just friends or more, but a long weekend in Hawaii has crazy monkey sex written all over it, doesn't it?

http://www.ineedmyfix.com/2012/05/29/da ... city-hunk/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Was Rachel ever into Darren? You could ask the same question, since she seemed to avoid getting married.

I think, that you can believe to be completely in love without realising, that there might be an illusion involved. The little NAY inside comes out, when you have to really committ - both stayed away from that for years, but couldn't get married fast enough to each other. IMO there is no intend in that - no cruelty to the other partners, just feelings, like you probably haven't felt before and all of a sudden, everything is just very clear - no more questions asked, no insecurity.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

There's an interesting article in the RW thread that sheds some light on their "engagement". More and more these engagements that don't lead to marriages seem to me to be some sort of half-hearted gesture, that's intended to placate either party or the outside world. Why not just be together, why get engaged if there is a definite no no about marriage?

The warning sirens are ringing loud!

Perhaps DC and Sats thought they might marry, but RW and DA were adamant that they wouldn't. Yet, clearly she's not averse to marriage! :lol:
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Well good for her! She deserves to move on and find her own happiness!!
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

DeeDee wrote:Well good for her! She deserves to move on and find her own happiness!!
Amen to that!! :thumbup:
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

Germangirl wrote:Was Rachel ever into Darren? You could ask the same question, since she seemed to avoid getting married.
Oh yes she was and it always seems she was more into him as the other way around.

It is said that Darren didn't want to marry her. The interviewers (Letterman, Rose etc.) often asked her when she will get married and she always said she has no time or it is not so important for her. If indeed her man didn't want to marry her she had only two choices: make lame excuses or say the truth which would have been very embarrassing for her. Which woman would admit publicly that her fiance doesnt want to marry her!?
caramel

Post by caramel »

Maybelline wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Was Rachel ever into Darren? You could ask the same question, since she seemed to avoid getting married.
Oh yes she was and it always seems she was more into him as the other way around.

It is said that Darren didn't want to marry her. The interviewers (Letterman, Rose etc.) often asked her when she will get married and she always said she has no time or it is not so important for her. If indeed her man didn't want to marry her she had only two choices: make lame excuses or say the truth which would have been very embarrassing for her. Which woman would admit publicly that her fiance doesnt want to marry her!?
I am going to assume that you are speculating heavily here ;)

It can always be argued that she wasn't that much into him either but stayed together for Henry's sake. Women tend to do that.
Yes all the interviewers were always asking her as to when there would be a wedding and she wasn't put off by that question ever. In fact she brushed it off saying it aint happening.
She can't blatantly say that she isn't that into her fiance to actually want to make that big commitment.
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

caramel wrote:
Maybelline wrote:

I am going to assume that you are speculating heavily here ;)

It can always be argued that she wasn't that much into him either but stayed together for Henry's sake. Women tend to do that.
Yes all the interviewers were always asking her as to when there would be a wedding and she wasn't put off by that question ever. In fact she brushed it off saying it aint happening.
She can't blatantly say that she isn't that into her fiance to actually want to make that big commitment.
Yes there is a lot speculating by me based on rumors I read before she came together with Daniel. When Letterman asked her it felt like she would laughed off the situation because it was embarrassing for her. In the Charlie Rose interview she lied because she was already secretly together with Daniel (I would love to see the interview again only because of this moment which was even kind of weird without any knowledge about DC/RW). Of course I don't know for sure that Darren didn't want to marry her but if it's true she couldn't force him into marriage either.

I agree she probabably stayed with him at the end because of Henry but there were pictures in the past where she looked pretty much in love with Darren.

For example:
http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/i ... 1109.jpg?2

September 2006 promoting The Fountain
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I'm afraid I'm still a "Sats Fan". I could be way off the mark here (and, if the previous posts are anything to go by, maybe I am), but I think that Daniel and Sats looked happy together. I felt Sats was right for him because she was always supportive of him but never felt the need to "advertise" herself, perhaps because she wasn't an actress. Being with someone who wasn't at the 'front end' of the movie business somehow seems healthier for Daniel to me. I'm still wary of RW which is why I don't join the discussions about her and Daniel that much. I try to be mindful of the fact that my resentment of her stems from pure jealousy as opposed to any personal antagonism. I think Sats loved Daniel right to the end. I am very surprised to hear that she may feel relieved 'in retrospect' to be split from him. I am just biased in thinking that any woman who loves him and then loses him can be anything less than bereft and heartbroken. Sats must be far stronger than someone like me and I can only salute her for it.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I am sure, she was heartbroken, but time heals wounds. Fortunately and yes, I think, she loved him all the way and was just disappointed, they didn't make it., Understandable - hence her remark.
Last edited by Germangirl on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

caramel

Post by caramel »

NBG - I completely disagree with you but I am not gonna get into that as this topic has been rehashed over and over and over again.

Satsuki has been gone from his life for more than 2 YEARS now and last week the pics showed she has moved on too.
This month Daniel will be celebrating his wedding anniversary with the woman who completes him in so many ways that we can only imagine.
He has more than moved on.

Can't we just try and do the same instead of pitting his past gfs against his wife constantly?
The least she deserves is respect as his family. Like Ella. We are not fans of Ella but we know he loves her and we respect that. Let's extend the same courtesy to his wife.
I hate to drag in the forum rules here but then it is stated as the first rule after all.

I am positive that I am not alone in this request.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

caramel wrote:NBG - I completely disagree with you but I am not gonna get into that as this topic has been rehashed over and over and over again.

Satsuki has been gone from his life for more than 2 YEARS now and last week the pics showed she has moved on too.
This month Daniel will be celebrating his wedding anniversary with the woman who completes him in so many ways that we can only imagine.
He has more than moved on.

Can't we just try and do the same instead of pitting his past gfs against his wife constantly?
The least she deserves is respect as his family. Like Ella. We are not fans of Ella but we know he loves her and we respect that. Let's extend the same courtesy to his wife.
I hate to drag in the forum rules here but then it is stated as the first rule after all.

I am positive that I am not alone in this request.
:stick_iagree: :stick_iagree: :stick_iagree: :stick_iagree: a million times over.
This is a Daniel fan site last time I checked.
Let's say you go to your husbands parents home, the mom pulls out old photo ablums of your husband at prom, yearbook pics and goes on how wonderful his girlfriend was.
I would fell terrible if that were me.
But as in the past no one gets my examples.
Let's let Sat's have her life and do it her way and start a fan site for her.
(This is all my personal opinion and not ment to hurt or disrespect anyone)
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

I dont mind talking about his past girlfriends to be honest, i liked heike i liked sats, and i like rachel. Out of all of them, Heike (if i was a man) i would go for. Plus u get to know wot Daniel likes in woman, well sort of. I dont mind anyone having there favourvite wife or girlfriend from his life.
I adore Daniel and the only one good enough for him is ME!! But i bet everyone thinks like that dont they. Maybe this discussion should be on a different thread, not the dan and rachel thread.(god i hope i am on dan and rachel thread dohh)
If parts of Daniel's past is a closed door now in conversation wot we going to talk about, and who makes the rules of wot we can talk about and wot we cant, the mods noone else.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

cheryl1700 wrote:I dont mind talking about his past girlfriends to be honest, i liked heike i liked sats, and i like rachel. Out of all of them, Heike (if i was a man) i would go for. Plus u get to know wot Daniel likes in woman, well sort of. I dont mind anyone having there favourvite wife or girlfriend from his life.
I adore Daniel and the only one good enough for him is ME!! But i bet everyone thinks like that dont they. Maybe this discussion should be on a different thread, not the dan and rachel thread.(god i hope i am on dan and rachel thread dohh)
If parts of Daniel's past is a closed door now in conversation wot we going to talk about, and who makes the rules of wot we can talk about and wot we cant, the mods noone else.
RW of course.

Let's be honest here - this really isn't D-t-D anymore. It's D-t-R(&D)
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

I like talking about rachel its his wife too. Just think we can all have our favourvites. Like we have favourvite parts of Daniel, Sf its his crotch (obviously), me its his apple cheeks (on his face), boss its his lips, jec its the pup.
Talking about respect for daniel, which is wot got me to be honest. Me and SF were talking about watching him on a live video cam, getting off in the shower for gods sake (funny too), i think thats more disrepectful to him (if he knew), then some one prefering sats or rachel of heike. I just dont get this whole thing, we only having to like rachel, only having to like Sats, I like both of them. I dont think either one of them is perfect, no one is. (I have realised wot thread i am on now) wink.
Its will be more and more Rachel, because he is married to her, and her fans will start liking him, because basically he is adorable. The way it was all sats when he was engaged to her. I think sats and Heike are his background past now, and rachel is his future. I think the majority of us on here on really good friends.