Daniel Craig Joins Steven Spielberg's Tintin

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:He sure looks the part

Really? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

You don't say... :lol:

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Zibzabzut wrote: Image
"My precioussssss"
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

In France (at least), Tintin is timeless, just like Asterix or Lucky Luke :)[/quote]

I never heard of any of these ever .
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I knew more of Asterix than the other two. My brother loved to read the books. Did they make and Asterix movie, or feature length cartoon?
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

bumblebee wrote:I knew more of Asterix than the other two. My brother loved to read the books. Did they make and Asterix movie, or feature length cartoon?
Feature length cartoon.
Crazy!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:I knew more of Asterix than the other two. My brother loved to read the books. Did they make and Asterix movie, or feature length cartoon?
Yes, they did them as cartoons and with actors also.

Like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPCNK4pFVLs

and this
Gerard Depardieu and Monica Belucci
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXdykES_ ... re=related
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Germangirl wrote:
Yes, they did them as cartoons and with actors also.

Like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPCNK4pFVLs

and this
Gerard Depardieu and Monica Belucci
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXdykES_ ... re=related
The second one, with Monica Belucci is the best, really close to the spirit of Asterix. Really really good! Stay away from the first movie and the third :lol:
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I'm a bit behind with this news as I haven't had any time to log in last week... I think it's great to hear that Daniel is doing any new project. But I know next to nothing about Tin-Tin. I also think it's an unusual project for Daniel - a cartoon?? He seems too serious an actor to consider things like this... maybe he just wanted to have a bit of fun and work with Spielberg again. :wink:

I would also prefer to see Daniel in a live-action movie so you can actually SEE him on screen, if you know what I mean! Why is going to take so long to be released? 2011 is too long to wait. If you think about it, as Bond 23 is due in Autumn 2010, then that will come before Tin Tin! :)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

NextBondGirl wrote:Why is going to take so long to be released? 2011 is too long to wait. If you think about it, as Bond 23 is due in Autumn 2010, then that will come before Tin Tin! :)
It will take so long, because it will be a very, very complex and laborious piece of work.
It took 2,5 years to make The Polar Express, this motion-capture-technique is very laborious.
And as far as I know all characters will be created with this technique.
I Lord of the Rings only gollum was animated that way.....

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
NextBondGirl wrote:Why is going to take so long to be released? 2011 is too long to wait. If you think about it, as Bond 23 is due in Autumn 2010, then that will come before Tin Tin! :)
It will take so long, because it will be a very, very complex and laborious piece of work.
It took 2,5 years to make The Polar Express, this motion-capture-technique is very laborious.
And as far as I know all characters will be created with this technique.
I Lord of the Rings only gollum was animated that way.....
I didn´t know that and was wondering also. That´s really a long period to make a film and then they want to make a riologie. Jamie Bell will be an old man until they are finished :shock:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:Jamie Bell will be an old man until they are finished :shock:
That will not matter at all.
We will not really see Jamie, Daniel or whomever they cast, on screen :lol: :lol: :lol: assumed they use that technique.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Jamie Bell will be an old man until they are finished :shock:
That will not matter at all.
We will not really see Jamie, Daniel or whomever they cast, on screen :lol: :lol: :lol: assumed they use that technique.
Yes, that´s true, they can do with their faces whatever they want. A bit of a creepy thought actually.

Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

Cool and creepy all in one package :) It's insane how advance they've come in terms of computer animation. Though I must admit though I do miss seeing good old fashioned 2D cartoons like the Disney classics (Little Mermaid anyone?). I have faith in this and I'm sure they'll keep the spirit of Tintin as great as possible.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

IMHO, the best animated movie ever is "Finding Nemo". I didn't think they could push the bar any higher than that as far as animation goes. I did not see "Polar Express". I guess the story never really appealed to me. It must be an expensive business making a movie like this, but then, Mr Spielberg is not short of a bob or two!! :wink: I hope that Hollywood doesn't consider this brand of animation the future of movies, doing away with live action and actors. This is something that is irreplaceable especially where Daniel's concerned.