Tintin news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote: while not overtly evil (we have to remember that this is a kid’s movie) he plays the character with the perfect levels of sliminess and swagger. [/b]
My thoughts exactly. We know, how mean he can be and held it back some here.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/11/14 ... ox-office/

The 25-year-old British actor recently gave North America its first taste of his new film The Adventures of Tintin earlier in the week at the flick’s premiere at the AFI Fest.

Tintin, which is directed by legendary filmmaker Steven Spielberg, has ruled the international box office since its opening two weeks ago. It has since grossed over $125 million.
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

calypso wrote:Tintin, which is directed by legendary filmmaker Steven Spielberg, has ruled the international box office since its opening two weeks ago. It has since grossed over $125 million.

It has crossed over 159 million.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

FYC ad

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Cool - thanks Elvenstar :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Five Reasons To See "The advetures of Tintin"

Sometimes, a dedicated filmgoer must make sacrifices. For example, to see “The Adventures of Tintin,” I journeyed from New York City all the way to the UK. Alright, confession time: I didn’t fly to the UK just to see “Tintin.” But since the movie won’t hit US theaters until December 21st, I took the opportunity my overseas vacation afforded me and got a head start on my American peers. It was ₤11.20 (plus ₤1 for 3D glasses) well spent.

Here are five reasons why you should see “The Adventures of Tintin” when it finally washes up on US shores next month.

» It Looks Good: When it’s done right, motion capture filmmaking takes the best of what live action and animation have to offer and combines it all to make something extraordinary. Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson have managed to do just that – “Tintin” is vivid, colorful and wonderfully detailed. The wow factor is definitely there.

» It Sounds Good: As “Tintin’s” director and co-producer, Spielberg brought with him his long-time collaborator (and one of my all-time heroes), composer John Williams. Nobody does it better than Williams, and his playful, thrilling score perfectly accompanies Tintin’s globe-crossing adventures.

» It's Fun: Sure, kids will love following the fearless young reporter and his faithful dog Snowy as they navigate through heart-pumping peril to uncover the truth and foil the bad guy. But I’m not a kid and I enjoyed every exhilarating minute of the movie.

» It's Funny: Like the Indiana Jones flicks to which it’s being compared, “The Adventures of Tintin” has plenty of laughs sprinkled in with the action. Many of these are provided by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, who portray the bumbling detectives Thompson & Thomson.

» It Has James Bond: The entire cast of “The Adventures of Tintin”– including Jamie Bell as Tintin and Andy Serkis as Captain Haddock – performs admirably. But it’s especially amusing to hear Daniel Craig as the villain, Ivan Ivanovitch Sakharine. This menacing meanie couldn’t be more different from the cool-as-ice Double-Oh-Seven, but Craig nails it. If he ever tires of being in front of the camera (heaven forbid), there’s a solid future for him in voice work if he chooses it.

source: http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/11/16/fi ... of-tintin/

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Not really related to Tintin, but I've read much opinions about "The Uncally Valley" in the context with Tintin.
I never have really understood what that exactly means. Now I found this little vid http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/the-uncanny-valley which explains it in a very funny way.

bubita

Post by bubita »

Jajaja! Thanks Dunda.
One learns something new every day :D
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Saw my first Tin Tin promo on tv!
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Tintin has takes $187.6 mil at the box office so far.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=tintin.htm
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Tintin has taken $207 million so far.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=tintin.htm
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Steven Spielberg - Steven Spielberg Writing Second Tintin Movie

Steven Spielberg is working on the script for a sequel to film 'The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn'.

Steven Spielberg is already working on the script for the second 'Tintin' movie.

The legendary filmmaker directed the first film 'The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn' starring Jamie Bell, Daniel Craig and Andy Serkis and producer Kathleen Kennedy says she and Steven are busy with the new script and hope to have the movie out by summer 2015 at the latest.

Kathleen told Collider.com: "Oh yeah it is being moved forward, in fact Steven and I were talking about it this morning. We're working on a script right now, we'll see a script probably February or March. If we can do some camera capture this summer, which I think we could do, then we would be on track to have the movie either Christmas 2014 or summer 2015, and so that's what we're looking at right now."

Producer Peter Jackson has previously revealed he plans for a 'Tintin' franchise and has ideas for a second, third and fourth movie.

He said: "One of my favourites is 'The Seven Crystal Balls', so that's the one I've always been thinking of.

"I also really like the Eastern European ones, the Balkan ones like 'King Ottoman's Sceptre' and 'The Calculus Affair'. I think it's a terrific setting for a thriller, the weird Balkan politics and the mysterious secret service agents.

"I think the Moon ones are terrific, but they'd be good for the third or fourth 'Tintin' film, if we get that far. We want to keep his feet on the ground just a little bit longer."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/steven ... ie_1271302
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/
12 Studios-Distributors, 29 Films, 9 Moguls: ‘The Contenders’ Deadline Hollywood Event
ImageImage
tampa

Post by tampa »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Steven Spielberg - Steven Spielberg Writing Second Tintin Movie

Steven Spielberg is working on the script for a sequel to film 'The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn'.

Steven Spielberg is already working on the script for the second 'Tintin' movie.

The legendary filmmaker directed the first film 'The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn' starring Jamie Bell, Daniel Craig and Andy Serkis and producer Kathleen Kennedy says she and Steven are busy with the new script and hope to have the movie out by summer 2015 at the latest.

Kathleen told Collider.com: "Oh yeah it is being moved forward, in fact Steven and I were talking about it this morning. We're working on a script right now, we'll see a script probably February or March. If we can do some camera capture this summer, which I think we could do, then we would be on track to have the movie either Christmas 2014 or summer 2015, and so that's what we're looking at right now."

Producer Peter Jackson has previously revealed he plans for a 'Tintin' franchise and has ideas for a second, third and fourth movie.

He said: "One of my favourites is 'The Seven Crystal Balls', so that's the one I've always been thinking of.

"I also really like the Eastern European ones, the Balkan ones like 'King Ottoman's Sceptre' and 'The Calculus Affair'. I think it's a terrific setting for a thriller, the weird Balkan politics and the mysterious secret service agents.

"I think the Moon ones are terrific, but they'd be good for the third or fourth 'Tintin' film, if we get that far. We want to keep his feet on the ground just a little bit longer."

Does anybody know the TinTin stories regarding DC's two characters? Do either of the characters appear in the other books, particularly the ones they are mentioning above?
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

tampa wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:Steven Spielberg - Steven Spielberg Writing Second Tintin Movie

Does anybody know the TinTin stories regarding DC's two characters? Do either of the characters appear in the other books, particularly the ones they are mentioning above?
As fa as I remember Sakharine and Red Rackham only appear in Red Rackhams's treasure and Unicorn.

But they are not adapting the original books, they mix them up, so I could imagine to see at least Rackham in one of the sequels, because they left the end open in the first movie.