Brad Pitt To Play Steve McQueen?

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

shaylin32

Brad Pitt To Play Steve McQueen?

Post by shaylin32 »

http://screenrant.com/brad-pitt-to-play ... oss-10130/

I agree with Steve McQueen widow. Daniel should play the role of Steve McQueen.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks for the heads up, Shaylin. You are right, he would have been perfect, but I have a gut feeling, he wasn´t all that interested plus, its true, good ole Brad still has more bankibility and Steve is a american institution, so they would likely go with an american. Outside the US, I don´t think many still care or even know him.

Maybe you care to introduce yourself here to give us the chance for a propper welcome :D
http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... m.php?f=12
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Germangirl wrote:Thanks for the heads up, Shaylin. You are right, he would have been perfect, but I have a gut feeling, he wasn´t all that interested plus, its true, good ole Brad still has more bankibility and Steve is a american institution, so they would likely go with an american. Outside the US, I don´t think many still care or even know him.

Maybe you care to introduce yourself here to give us the chance for a propper welcome :D
http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... m.php?f=12
That's true. I guess it wouldn't be the right for him. Of course Dan looks a lot like Steve, but the problems GG named are unfortunalety true. It's the same with the Oscars. Outlandish actors have a harder way to get one mostly.
fond-of-bond

Post by fond-of-bond »

Brad Pitt just isn't in the same mould as Daniel and Steve. What a shame! What a huge disappointment! I would love to have seen Daniel portray Steve, they are so alike, two of a kind, to me he would have been the obvious choice.

Brad is going to have to pull something special out of the bag, to make this work.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Two words: "box office".

And here's five words: "Brad Pitt is completely over-exposed", oh and three more "not that talented".
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Two words: "box office".

And here's five words: "Brad Pitt is completely over-exposed", oh and three more "not that talented".
yes - yes - yes, but whether DC turned it down or wasn´t chosen, it might be for the best in the end. He might have turned so much into Steve, that the audiences either would see Bond or McQueen in him and he would have drowned in those clichées - maybe...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

I dont like Brad at all so Im quite happy that he got the role. Dan will find something better!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:
bumblebee wrote:Two words: "box office".

yes - yes - yes, but whether DC turned it down or wasn´t chosen, it might be for the best in the end. He might have turned so much into Steve, that the audiences either would see Bond or McQueen in him and he would have drowned in those clichées - maybe...
plus the effect that McQueen, who was a great actor for sure, isn't that popular in Europe. Only the people round about 50 or older may remember him, his movies aren't on TV in Europe that often, so I really doubt that it will be a great box-office success here (in US it will be totally different, but there Stevte is kind of national treasure, not so in Europe)

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com