JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Cicero wrote:
Dunda wrote:
Cicero wrote:I've posted this in the Hugh thread as well. He talks about Daniel and the stache too :wink:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/40211#?l=101 ... 1765436001

some members on here would like if it was fake and he can put it dowm after the show :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I agree but it wouldn't match Daniel´s authentic style :wink: I must admit I'm getting more and more used to the stache by now :D
I guess most around here do so :D.
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:
Cicero wrote:
Dunda wrote:
some members on here would like if it was fake and he can put it dowm after the show :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I agree but it wouldn't match Daniel´s authentic style :wink: I must admit I'm getting more and more used to the stache by now :D
I think I'm more "stache neutral" than a "stache hater"...
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Vesper Lynd 007

Cicero wrote:
Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:
Cicero wrote: I agree but it wouldn't match Daniel´s authentic style :wink: I must admit I'm getting more and more used to the stache by now :D
I think I'm more "stache neutral" than a "stache hater"...
I'm a "stache changing mind" I think. Sometimes I like it, sometimes not and mostly something in between...
calypso

Post by calypso »

i steal from basura website :twisted:
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/09/26 ... explained/

Hugh Jackman sports a tattoo of a nude mermaid on the forearm of his right arm, but don’t be alarmed, it’s not real!

A reliable source tells JustJared.com that the tattoo is just for his Broadway play, “Steady Rain,” co-starring Daniel Craig. Hugh wears a short-sleeved shirt throughout the show, so you can see the tattoo the whole time.

“Denny (his character from the play) got the tattoo before he got married,” the source tells Just Jared.

According to Variety, the show has made $3 million in advance sales already from American Express cardmembers who took advantage of an exclusive presale before the public could even purchase tickets.

not as effective as daniel's mustache yes? hugh still looks like hugh jackman on stage with tattoo now.
:wink:
ImageImage
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

not as effective as daniel's mustache yes? hugh still looks like hugh jackman on stage with tattoo now.
Agreed Cal. I think that no matter what character Hugh plays, he'll still look handsome...'tis the disadvantage of being People's Sexist Man Alive :roll: .
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

But it's a different tattoo isn't it? Earlier it was a pin-up girl.
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

I think your right Cicero. I thought the other picture I saw had a girl with distinct shapely legs...I could be wrong though :roll:
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Well it's a bit difficult to see but I think it's another one but I guess that's the advantage of a fake tattoo :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Cicero wrote:Well it's a bit difficult to see but I think it's another one but I guess that's the advantage of a fake tattoo :wink:
...and being in previews - they can do whatever they want :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Steady hands in A Steady Rain

Even by New York standards, it was a starry occasion: Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman, two of Hollywood's hottest talents, appearing on a Broadway stage together.

The duo, best-known for their movie roles as James Bond and the mutant Wolverine from X-Men, are starring in A Steady Rain, a gritty two-hander about the friendship between a pair of cops.

The crowds started gathering outside the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre several hours before the curtain was due to rise. When it did, the two actors had to wait several minutes for the cheers and wolf whistles to die down before they could begin their performance.

Adopting convincing Chicago accents, Australian Jackman and Englishman Craig play childhood friends whose lives are changed forever by a tragic sequence of events.

Jackman plays Denny, a bullish Italian-American family man. Sporting a handlebar moustache, Craig was a world away from his sexy James Bond persona as Joey, Denny's police partner.

The audience lapped it up as the two actors delivered one funny line after another from the start of Keith Huff's 2006 play. But the atmosphere quickly darkened as the two cops took turns telling their version of the events that lead to the fracturing of their friendship.

For the next 90 minutes, Jackman and Craig took the audience on a compelling, fast-paced ride through the Chicago streets, without breaking for an interval.

The audience, rooting for two flawed but believable heroes, gasped and groaned as the cops faced temptations and tough choices. The two actors had a natural rapport and shared the spotlight.

To help the actors develop a bond, director John Crowley reportedly installed a ping-pong table backstage in the theatre so they could play during breaks from rehearsals.

The audience had travelled from all over America and beyond for the chance to see two of the world's most popular movie stars up close. They were not disappointed.

Some did not have tickets but had come prepared to pay well over the odds for a seat at the sold-out show, with tickets priced from $66.50-$140 (£42 - £88 ).

Others were content to wait outside on the pavement, hoping for a glimpse of the actors when they left the theatre after the performance.

The audience included many theatre-goers who usually opt for splashy musicals over serious drama. Judi Rae had travelled from California. She said: "I had no idea what the play was about. I'm here to see Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig."

"Funny and heartbreaking"

A Steady Rain marks Craig's Broadway debut. A seasoned theatre performer, Jackman has appeared on Broadway once before, in a production of The Boy From Oz which won him rave reviews in 2004.

Theatre sources say Craig and Jackman could set a new Broadway box office record for a non-musical. They have to beat Julia Roberts, who sold more than $10m worth of tickets in 12 weeks in the play Three Days of Rain in 2006.

The buzz generated by previews of A Steady Rain suggests the predictions may well come true. When the curtain came down, the actors received a standing ovation for their raw, emotionally charged performances.

Theatre-goer Pete Ruben summed up the sentiment of many. He said: "I came because I wanted to see two famous Hollywood actors in person and I was blown away. These guys can really act."

Shari Kaplan added: "They both exceeded expectations; their performances were outstanding - nuanced, funny and heartbreaking."

Craig and Jackman are said to have turned down film roles to do A Steady Rain, which is scheduled to run until 6 December.

The producers of the play, who include James Bond movie producer Barbara Broccoli, have reportedly bought the film rights though neither actor has yet signed on for that project.

Jackman and Craig are among a host of high profile film stars appearing on Broadway this year, many of them British. They include Catherine Zeta Jones, Sienna Miller, Jonny Lee Miller and Jude Law.

Law is currently appearing as Hamlet in a production which transferred from London's Donmar Warehouse.

The official run of A Steady Rain begins on Tuesday 29 September, after a fortnight of previews.

The first week of preview performances took A Steady Rain into the top three at Broadway's box office, grossing $1,167,954. Only Wicked and Billy Elliot scored higher.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8278044.stm

Behind the scenery: Stage secrets of Broadway's newest shows

The hotly anticipated Chicago cop drama "A Steady Rain" opens tomorrow night. But you already know that. And that it stars Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig as flatfoots in a bad-to-worse down-spiral. But here's what you don't know: how the scenic images depicting Deviant Corners, in Chicago, were created. Or what recovering druggie Carrie Fisher's latest addiction is (hint: it's lo-cal). Or who makes the doughnuts for "Superior Donuts." You're about to find out, thanks to the backstage scoop on the six Broadway shows opening in the next two weeks.

A STEADY RAIN

In rotating addresses to the audience, two cops played by Jackman and Craig tell how their lifelong friendship erodes due to career and personal tensions. It's a dark story, and Scott Pask's automated sliding walls that set various scenes reflect that. "The approach is a modern film noir," he says. To keep those massive moving parts quiet as the actors speak? "One thing we do is hang sound-deadening blankets over motors, anything that purrs or whines," says tech pro Gene O'Donovan. That doesn't include the famous stars: "They're great guys."
Opens tomorrow at the Schoenfeld Theatre.

Stage secrets of Broadway's newest shows
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From Broadway.com

As for the stage door: Don't normally do it, but did it today. The fact of the matter is that these guys really don't want to sign/take pictures but instead (justifiably) want to get the hell out of there. In their defense, they did sign and take a number of pictures, but were both out within five minutes. The stage door management effectively (and politely) monitored the line and managed to keep (what must have been) one hundred people (or more) organized and civil.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

So I just watched that TMZ video and I am so happy that they addressed the phone issue. Seriously that was just BEYOND RUDE...and Hugh looked beyond P.O'd that's for sure. Now we'll have illegal video footage to further embarrass the cell phone user for years to come (and have a something for the guys to giggle back on later 8) ).
Vesper Lynd 007

They should use this video for saying people to switch their mobile phone off in the cinema :lol:.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -show.html

Two of Hollywood's toughest leading men lost their cool (i think this is wrong yes?) at a theatregoer for leaving his mobile phone on while they performed on Broadway.

James Bond star Daniel Craig and X- Men's Hugh Jackman managed to stay in character as the phone rang.
Taking a stand: Hugh Jackman confronts the phone owner during a performance of A Steady Rain on Broadway

But as the ringing continued, their patience was pushed to the limit and they told the member of the audience to answer the phone.
The pair were immersed in A Steady Rain, in which they portray tough Chicago cops, when the phone sounded.
Calling the shots: The audience gave Jackman, seen here with co-star Daniel Craig during the act, a roaring applause for taking a stand

Jackman stomped about on stage as he asked: 'You wanna get that? Come on, just turn it off. Unless you've got a better story. You want to get up and tell your stories?'

The audience laughed and gave Jackman, 40, a roaring applause for taking a stand in the clip, posted on tmz.com.

Seconds later, another phone rang. Craig, 41, responded: 'Just get the phone.'

Their cool approach was in contrast to actor Richard Griffiths, who in 2005, ordered a woman out of a West End showing of Heroes after her phone rang.

Set against a sparse black backdrop, the play tells the story of two policemen and how their friendship is changed forever by a domestic dispute.

Although they're mainly known for their movie work, both actors are experienced stage actors.

The play's opening night earlier this month drew huge queues and a standing ovation from the audience.

There was a suggestion, however, that some female audience members may not have been there for more than purely theatrical reasons.

One woman who saw the opening night declared: 'They were great, but we could have done with more nudity.'

as i posted on band new video thread, gg say they remain cool as the cucumbers yes?

hugh
daniel

:lol:
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

They dissented themselves with this - but then its the Daily Mail...

Their cool approach was in contrast to actor Richard Griffiths, who in 2005, ordered a woman out of a West End showing of Heroes after her phone rang.