JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

calypso wrote:
Corellianjedi2 wrote:
calypso wrote: no i know i just posted yes? will i delete?
He really did say this. It was weird that he did but *shrug*
so is true reporting?? :shock:

so maybe most things we read maybe true yes but we not have the eye witness!
Actually I went to the evening performance and he said that. I'll see tonight if he's been saying that each time! :P
calypso

Post by calypso »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:
calypso wrote:
Corellianjedi2 wrote: He really did say this. It was weird that he did but *shrug*
so is true reporting?? :shock:

so maybe most things we read maybe true yes but we not have the eye witness!
Actually I went to the evening performance and he said that. I'll see tonight if he's been saying that each time! :P
ok, report back and i take the notes.
ImageImage
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

http://oz-forum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/ ... #315101582

I was one of the proud/slightly insane winners of the BC/EFA auction package at Flea Market and I just got back from going tonight!

What an incredible experience! I typed this up for a Daniel Craig board but thought I'd share it here since it was equally about Hugh!

I'm trying to post as fast as I can so I don't forget stuff.

We got to the Schoenfeld at around 630. I got the tickets, although they ended up being under Tom Viola's (head of BC/EFA) name so it took a little bit of time to actually get the tickets in hand. Before the show, after we got to out seats, the stage manager, Michael, came over to our seats and asked if we were the Broadway Cares winners and said we should meet him over on the right side of the orchestra!

The boys were amazing, as always. The friend I took with me, Alyson ended up loving the show and now she says she's obsessed with it! She said she normally hates plays and often times falls asleep during them!

After the show, they had the curtain call, we were the first ones up in our section (Center Orchestra, Row C, Seats 101, 102) so we got a nod and huge smile from Hugh! They started their auction. I bid. And won. It was lower than it has been and I guess, depending on the highest bid for the shirts, they make sure the go backstage and get a pic/auto with them is cheaper ($1,500 for pics tonight)! So there was a long dialogue before this where Hugh mentioned the couple who'd gotten engaged at The Boy From Oz being there at the show and said he never thought Peter Allen would be good luck for any marriage (or something to that affect!). LOL.
Hugh said they wanted to raise money from us and said to "Lock the doors"! Haha then he said he was kidding. They did there bit about the exploitation for money and started unbuttoning their shirts. The crowd seemed to know before this, that that's what they were going to do. There was a long pause between my bid and the second person who won. The second bidder was lost (Hugh mentioned it was someone from the Student Rush section and they probably ran away, he said they realized they couldn't add it to their tuition hahaha! So a lady in the first row who'd actuallly been late to the show and had already bid 2k asked if they take credit and Hugh said of course and Daniel went off stage and someone handed him a credit machine!

We headed over to where Michael was. He greeted us "Hey Broadway Cares winners AND Shirt Auction winners!" He took our names down and asked us to wait. There were about 7 others in line to get pictures. OH!!!! Kate Winslet came out and walked/brushed right by me! I was sort of in shock and I don't think anyone else noticed but me and I quickly told Alyson!

They called us backstage and I paid for the "wife beater". They asked if we wanted to go first or last in meeting the boys, they said I had the choice because I'd definitely deserved it. Daniel and Hugh walked in not too long after (the pictures would be happening on stage) and said hello to everyone. You'll see in the pics what they guys were wearing, although Daniel had on his puffy vest and Hugh had on a jacket. By some chance of luck, I ended up with Daniel's shirt (I'm a little disappointed they didn't let me pick first but what can ya do), Not that I would've minded getting Hugh's! But I'll admit, I REALLY wanted Daniel's. XD

So I chose to go last, that way, we would have more time with the boys. Everyone came and left, I tried peeking around backstage, we did get a couple photos (they're on my friends camera and she's having trouble loading them online but I'll post them later), though I still can't figure out the scenery (I totally forgot to look up).
When it was finally our turn we headed toward the stage. They introduced us as the people who'd won the Broadway Cares Auction and the shirt auction and told the boys how much I'd donated in total to be there. They were both shocked and grateful. (we shook hands) They also told them how many times I'd seen the show. We went right in to taking photos and I was totally out of it at that point cause I'm pretty sure both of them asked me a question but I didn't hear it. They asked if I'd really seen the show 12 times I said sorta dreamy that I had and they joked I probably knew all the lines. I think they mentioned something about noticing all the mistakes but like I said, I was out of it. After that it got quiet cause I was so nervous. We took three pictures of me and the boys- one with my camera, one with Alyson's and one Polaroid. Alyson wasn't going to have a separate picture but Daniel said we deserved to have more than one! So Alyson got her three pictures and then we did three with all of us. As we were standing I had gone over to stand in between Alyson and Hugh before I realized I really wanted to stand next to Daniel! SO I tried pushing in between them (Alyson knew beforehand that Daniel would be my main guy and Hugh would be hers- even though I do love them both, Daniel has recently won me over even more, plus I'd already done backstage with Hugh during TBFO). Alyson at first didn't seem to notice then it hit her and she said "Oh! You wanted him!" and she moved over. Daniel heard this and laughed saying "I see how it is. Don't worry, I would chose the prettier one, too." We all laughed just as the picture was taken (Hence how awesome we all look! haha).

After the pictures, Daniel shook my hand again and asked if I had a program. I said I did and he walked me over to my bag, me still gripping his hand. We let go as I bent down to get it and he sat on the stage next to me (HOW EFFING ADORABLE!?!?!?!). I gave him the playbill and he asked how to spell my name (meanwhile, Alyson is getting her program out). Hugh was signing for someone else who came over late after paying but came over to us after Daniel signed mine. Daniel wrote "To Elisa Thank You. Lots of love, Daniel Craig X" and handed it to Hugh who signed "Elisa, Darling. Hugh Jackman" To Alyson Daniel wrote "To Alyson, Lots of Love, Daniel Craig" and Hugh wrote "To Alyson [something she can't read], Hugh Jackman xx" (Daniel had to respell Alyson's name out to Hugh and they got a chuckle out of that. They are officially my favorite Bromance.) Daniel got up and reached out a gave me sort of a half hug but I totally pulled him in closer which he seemed fine with and he gave me a kiss on my right cheek. *sigh* Inside I was DYING OF HAPPINESS. He did the same with Alyson as I sort of looked to Hugh, who was getting his jacket on and getting ready to leave. Daniel said thank you again and I think I said the same (things got burry after the kiss). Daniel headed out toward the door leading to 45th and we sort of stood there gathering our bearings. As we walked toward the door, Hugh called out Goodbye to us. We met up with Daniel in the hallway and I almost tried to leave through the fire exit. Daniel stopped me saying that if I went that way tons of alarms would go off. We said goodbye and thank you's again and walked out the stage door and headed to Juniors!!!

Wow. Typing that up gets me excited all over again!!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

For whatever reason, I can´t copy, but those 38.900 from the first auction night were an all time record for one night.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Another charity

A Steady Rain, with Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig, to Hold Actors Fund Performance November 8
By: Dan Bacalzo · Nov 2, 2009 · New York

Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig in <i>A Steady Rain</i><br> (© Joan Marcus)
Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig in A Steady Rain
(© Joan Marcus)
A Steady Rain, starring Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig, will hold an Actors Fund Special Performance at Broadway's Schoenfeld Theatre this Sunday, November 8 at 7pm.

Keith Huff's play tells the story of two Chicago cops who are lifelong friends and their differing accounts of a few harrowing days that changed their lives forever. John Crowley directs.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Germangirl wrote:Another charity

A Steady Rain, with Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig, to Hold Actors Fund Performance November 8
By: Dan Bacalzo · Nov 2, 2009 · New York

Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig in <i>A Steady Rain</i><br> (© Joan Marcus)
Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig in A Steady Rain
(© Joan Marcus)
A Steady Rain, starring Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig, will hold an Actors Fund Special Performance at Broadway's Schoenfeld Theatre this Sunday, November 8 at 7pm.

Keith Huff's play tells the story of two Chicago cops who are lifelong friends and their differing accounts of a few harrowing days that changed their lives forever. John Crowley directs.
Already have my tickets, heres to hoping I get off.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

While some few are not happy with the way the stage dooring is handled now with the auction going on, its remarkable how much additional work they do for charity these days. Cudoos for that. Image

Bette Midler Announces Star-Studded New York Restoration Project Fundraiser
http://www.ecorazzi.com/2009/11/02/bett ... undraiser/

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

They are making the most money for a non musical play so it's nice they use their fame for worhty causes too .
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Laredo wrote:They are making the most money for a non musical play so it's nice they use their fame for worhty causes too .
Yes and its not like it is less work for them...

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

The special, added performance will benefit the non-profit organization, which lends support to show people in need.

For tickets call (212) 221-7300, ext. 133, e-mail tickets@actorsfund.org or visit www.store.actorsfund.org.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/13 ... ys_Nov%208
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Unbelievable - those quiet little things he does (quote Hugh) Took some time for this to surface
http://www.timessquaregossip.com/2009/1 ... e-fan.html

Thursday, November 05, 2009
DANIEL CRAIG OFFERS WATCH TO HUGE FAN
GENEROUS STARS

Daniel Craig With Kelly And Tom Murro

Tom Murro and his wife Kelly were greeted by Daniel Craig after his Broadway play 'A Steady Rain' recently, outside the stage doors. Tom complimented him on his acting and his Rolex GMT and told him that he was an avid watch collector and that the GMT was his favorite and one he didn't have yet. They took some pictures together and Tom continued to compliment his watch, then the star started to take the watch off and said "he could spare one and its yours if you want it." Tom thought he was kidding, "I couldn't believe that he said what he said", then Tom replied in shock, "I would love to Mr. Craig but no thank you." He looked a bit puzzled and went on to sign autographs for all the fans, he seemed to really like signing autographs and spent allot of time doing it, then Daniel waved to the crowd, got into his SUV Limo, and was driven away. Tom then realized that was his one shot and he just froze. His wife was so mad and couldn't believe what he did. Tom just felt weird taking it from him right there off his wrist. The happy couple thought that was more than generous of him to offer even if he is a wealthy actor. Even better, Daniel took their camera and took a shot of all three of them. Great shot Daniel !
Photo By: Daniel Craig
Last edited by Germangirl on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Linda

Post by Linda »

How great is Daniel to offer to give the guy his watch. Such a generous man!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I first read "Daniel offers watch to Hugh fan" and I thought "oh boy you really don't need to corrupt the man, you are gorgeous and even Hugh-fans must admit that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Strange the wife got mad, he didn´t take it. I would think to take him on on this would have been greedy - even though I am sure Daniel meant it and would have probably liked it better, if he had taken it.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I just scared myself again - I knew, I had seen this guy and found the f***ing vid right away. You can see him starting to take the pics at 1:15 and several more later on. The watch conversation isn´t on it, though..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z5MLZP9P