JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Fri May 06, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

Post by Linda »

Dunda wrote:Daniel Craig Meets a Long-Lost Cousin: Simon Jones

“Hello, Cousin,” exclaimed Daniel Craig, extending the right hand of fellowship to his “Americanized” cousin, the equally British-born actor, Simon Jones, when the latter bopped by after A Steady Rain Nov. 25 with his wife, Nancy, and son, Tim.

This hands-across-the-Green Room, backstage at the Schoenfeld, marked the first time the two Englishmen ever connected, and it was achieved easily with only one degree of separation: Geoffrey Polischuk, who had been Rupert Everett’s dresser in Jones’ last Broadway outing, Blithe Spirit, is currently Hugh Jackman’s dresser for A Steady Rain, so, said Jones, “I asked him to find out if Daniel would be interested in meeting. Turns out, Daniel had, in fact, heard of me and did know who I was and said he would be happy to see me, so we got tickets on Wednesday and, as soon as they’d sold their sweaty T-shirts [for a BC/EFA fundraiser], we went around to see them, and we had a little family chat. It was nice to linger. I sent him a family photo of his great-grandparents, who are my grandparents.”

Jones (Bridey of TV’s “Brideshead Revisited,” and co-artistic director of Off-Broadway’s TACT/The Actors Company Theatre) began to suspect a kinship five years ago when he saw a movie in which Craig played Ted Hughes to Gwyneth Paltrow’s Sylvia Plath. “I said, ‘My God! He looks just like my brother, Chris,’ who lives in New Zealand and looks slightly different from my oldest brother and myself. That must be odd. Then, I thought, ‘Wait a minute — Craig!’ My father’s sister married a Bill Craig, and they had seven children. Could he be the son of one of my cousins? My father wasn’t very good about keeping up with them because I think he found seven a bit overwhelming, but he had kept in touch with the eldest one, Jenny Hawkins, so I e-mailed her in Edmondton, Alberta, and she said, ‘Yes, Daniel is Tim’s son, about fourth along the line of seven.’ There you are! How amazing! I was the only thespian in the family until he blew me off the board.”

source: http://www.playbill.com/playblog/?p=2998
Great article. That Jenny Hawkins lady lives near me. What would she be to Daniel - aunt or second cousin? The name of her city is mispelled. It should be Edmonton. And I did look it up in case there is a Edmondton in Alberta. Now if only I could get to meet her and ask if she will invite me up when and if Daniel visits her. I will let you know if that ever happens. I am not holding my breath.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I spy the happy trail!
Daniel_Craig wrote:Great read. :)

...and an nice family couple. ;)

Like this pic. :D ;)
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Dunda wrote:Daniel Craig Meets a Long-Lost Cousin: Simon Jones

Jones (Bridey of TV’s “Brideshead Revisited")

Despite being a huge fan of Brideshead Revisited, I would NEVER have recognised Simon Jones now! I get the feeling he wouldn't be offended by the comments that Dan made when he filmed Sword of Honour and that he only did it as long as it wasn't another Brideshead :oops:
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I remember the characters name but not what he looked like , wll have to dig it out of the library
calypso

Post by calypso »

Laredo wrote:I remember the characters name but not what he looked like , wll have to dig it out of the library
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Jones_(actor)

In addition to his work as an actor, Simon Jones is also a co-artistic director at New York Off-Broadway company The Actors Company Theatre (TACT), where he played the role of Jack in the play Home by David Storey.

On November 25, 2009 Simon Jones finally met his long-lost cousin Daniel Craig after Daniel Craig's performance on Broadway in A Steady Rain. Simon's aunt's grandson is Daniel Craig.

you know it strange, i read maybe three - four years ago he was related to him but wonder why it took so long to get out?
ImageImage
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

calypso wrote:you know it strange, i read maybe three - four years ago he was related to him but wonder why it took so long to get out?
I agree Cal. This snippet has been in internet bios ever since Daniel was cast in CR. Weird... :?
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

What a great read :lol:

The Birth of a Broadway Babe
It was to be my second and last viewing of the play A Steady Rain. I hadn’t intended on doing it again but something drove me there. Perhaps it was the fifth row ticket that answered my knock on the door of the Telecharge website.

I settled into my seat noting that the Schoenfeld does provide some knee room where their more expensive tickets play, when a mountain of a man stepped over me and sat down next to me, crossing his arms in one simple gesture of “I don’t want to be here.” Great, always good to have an amiable seat-mate.

I decided to ignore him but there was no doing that. Turning only his head and not his body he asked in a broad NewYawk accent, “How long is this thing?”

Okay, right there he had my back up. I’d just paid $150 to watch a “thing?” I think not.

“An hour and 30 minutes but there’s a fund-raiser for Broadway Cares Equity Fights AIDS after so it will probably be about one forty five before you can sprint out of the theatre.”

I wondered at someone so bent on not being a place the entry to which he had paid $150.

I thought that would be the end of the conversation, but no.

“They’re raising money for AIDS?”

I got ready to defend it but before I could open my mouth he said:

“That’s good.”

But he was still looking straight ahead at the stage as if studying a perp.

“My wife thought I should come. She bought me the ticket. I always do what she says.”

Suddenly it dawned on me.

“Are you NYPD?”

He turned slowly in my direction.

“Brooklyn, yeah. My badge showing?”

“Nope, just a good guess.”

“You a profiler?”

“No, just a New Yorker.”

“Humpf.”

“She said it’s a play about cops. She went because she likes one of the guys in the play. I never been to a play before. Not even in High School.”

I wondered for a beat about someone living in NY who had a wife who liked plays but had never been himself. But I only wondered for a beat because Mr. Only-looks-at-the-stage was off on another run-on paragraph.

“She thinks I’ll like it. Will I?”

I decided to go for minimalist.

“Do you like Law and Order?”

“Yeah.”

“It’s Law and Order without the car chase and set in Chicago.”

He relaxed a bit.

The ushers began with their song and dance.

“The magic (where did they get that phrase) will begin shortly. Please turn off your cell phones. No photography is allowed anywhere in the theatre…”

“What magic?” He mumbled to the curtain.

I decided it best not to answer.

The lights went down. The music hummed in the background. The curtain went up.

By now, for me, the best show was in the audience.

I arranged myself so that I could see him on the edge of my peripheral vision. His arms were still crossed but he chuckled a bit when Hugh Jackman made his opening remarks about being a Nielson family.

Five minutes into the play and I turned again slightly to my left. His arms were uncrossed, he was leaning slightly forward.

Then they described the bullet through the front window. He leaned farther forward and relaxed, his hands clasped between his knees. He stayed like this for the rest of the hour and a half. I think he had started becoming one with the play. When the audience was startled, as it is, by two of the revelations, he heard them as a cop would. He didn’t gasp or catch his breath like the audience; there was just a barely audible “shit” under his breath.

He came up for air only when he was carried there by the thunderous applause of the audience at the end of the play. Immediately he was on his feet taking cue, perhaps from the people in front of us, but his emotion was genuine and his applause louder almost than the rest of the thousand or so people in the theatre.

We settled back into our seats for the fund-raiser. Now he was a bit more relaxed and amiable.

“So deese guys. I seen ‘em somewhere before.”

I went Mona Lisa on him.

Hugh Jackman began to speak.

“Where the hell, pardon, did that come from?”

He seemed flummoxed by Hugh’s transition from Chicago cop to Australian actor.

“Australia,” I answered somewhat facetiously.

Then Daniel Craig began to speak in the Queen’s English.

The light dawned.

“James Bond.”

He smiled at his triumph of recognition.

“I’d a never known.”

He shook his head.

“But where do I know the other one from?”

“Wolverine.”

I took his few words for my cue.

“Nah.”

“Yeah.”

I pointed at his Playbill and he studied it.

“He sings?”

“Very well I might add.”

Jackman and Craig slipped off their shirts to reveal the wifebeaters that they were about to auction for BC/EFA and I thought I heard my companion mutter,

“I need to go to the gym more.”

But I may have been mistaken.

Then Hugh announced that Sunday night’s performance would benefit in part the NYCPBA Widows & Children’s Fund.

We were rising from our seats when he asked, “How would one go about getting tickets for Sunday night?”

He was hooked.

“I think the wife would like to see it again.”

I suppressed a snork and pointed him in the direction of the box office. I, being the older than middle-aged woman I am, headed for the ladies. But I was to have one last encounter with my Brooklyn cop.

As I came out of the alley and around the corner to the front of the theatre he was just coming out, tickets in hand.

“I showed him my credit card and my badge and got good seats for us on Sunday.”

He waved the tickets at me and beamed.

I think I saw the making of a theatre convert, Brooklyn style.

Source: http://aunteller.livejournal.com/35758.html

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JEC57 wrote:
calypso wrote:you know it strange, i read maybe three - four years ago he was related to him but wonder why it took so long to get out?
I agree Cal. This snippet has been in internet bios ever since Daniel was cast in CR. Weird... :?
I don't think it's weird. :?

I have cousins I've never met, because they moved abroad at very earyl age or were even born abroad. When the parents don't hold contact, then you know they are there but....

I can imagine that the cousin didn't want to make contact after Daniel became famous, it would have looked like if he wanted to bask in the glory of Daniel :wink:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:lol: :lol: seems their cops were convincing enough - nice confirmation from someone, who wouldn´t give in easily. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I am sure, they have won this competition hands down, but looks, like neither DC nor HJ will be there. Looks like something, Elisa would want to go, though :wink:

BC/EFA's 21st Annual Gypsy of the Year Competition Announces Celebrity Presenters, Judges, Participants
Posted by: Official_Press_Release 07:33 am EST 12/02/09

BROADWAY CARES/EQUITY FIGHTS AIDS’
21ST ANNUAL
GYPSY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
ANNOUNCES
CELEBRITY PRESENTERS, JUDGES, PARTICIPANTS

MONDAY, DECEMBER 7 AT 4:30 PM
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8 AT 2 PM
AT BROADWAY’S PALACE THEATRE (1564 BROADWAY)

PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT BROADWAY CARES/EQUITY FIGHTS AIDS

Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS will present the 21st Annual GYPSY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION on Monday, December 7 (4:30 PM) and Tuesday, December 8 (2 PM) at the Palace Theatre (1564 Broadway). The proceeds from the event will benefit BC/EFA.

This year’s GYPSY OF THE YEAR will be hosted by Tony Award winner Julie White (The Understudy) and noted Broadway personality Seth Rudetsky (“Seth’s Big Fat Broadway” on Sirius/XM Satellite Radio).

This year’s judges include Ana Gasteyer (The Royal Family), John Glover (The Royal Family), Casey Nicholaw (The Drowsy Chaperone), Montego Glover (Memphis), BC/EFA’s President and Jujamcyn Producing Director Paul Libin, Marcia Milgrom Dodge (Ragtime), Jim Norton (Finian’s Rainbow), and longtime BC/EFA friend Marion Duckworth Smith.

This year’s celebrity awards presenters will be two-time Tony Award winner and long-time BC/EFA friend and Trustee Bernadette Peters and Michael McKean (Superior Donuts).

Shows scheduled to present include: Billy Elliot, Bye Bye Birdie, Chicago, Hair, Jersey Boys, Naked Boys Singing, Newsical, Mamma Mia!, Mary Poppins, Rock of Ages, Superior Donuts, West Side Story, and Wicked. This year the casts of Avenue Q and In The Heights will come together for a joint presentation.

This year’s opening number is being created by Melissa Mahon, Sean McKnight, and Seth Farber. The number will be a parody of the hit Fox reality show “So You Think You Can Dance” and will feature a special appearance by season five contestant Ryan Kasprzak.

In addition, special performances from Keigwin + Company representing Dancers Responding to AIDS, Natasha Paremski representing Classical Action, and a piece representing gypsies from national touring productions is being created by choreographer Shea Sullivan and singer/composer Katie Thompson.

Cited as “possibly the season’s most dazzling talent show,” the GYPSY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION, the all-singing, all-dancing, all-dishing extravaganza, is easily the biggest party in town!

THE GYPSY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION is the culmination of six weeks of fund raising when shows on and Off-Broadway engage in a friendly competition to see which show can raise the most money for the organization. Awards are presented to the companies that raise the most money and for the winning presentation.

TO BUY TICKETS TO GYPSY OF THE YEAR: VIP and Priority tickets ($350 and $200) and other tickets ($110/$40/$20) can be purchased online at www.BroadwayCares.org, in person at BC/EFA (165 West 46th Street, Suite 1300), by phone at (212) 840-0770, or at the door the day of the event.

BROADWAY CARES / EQUITY FIGHTS AIDS is the nation’s leading industry-based, nonprofit AIDS fundraising and grant-making organization. By drawing upon the talents, resources and generosity of the American theatre community, BC/EFA raises funds for AIDS-related causes and other critical illnesses across the United States. Since its founding in 1988, BC/EFA has raised over $170 million dollars for critically needed services for people with AIDS and other serious illnesses. BC/EFA is the major supporter of seven programs at The Actors Fund – including The AIDS Initiative, The Phyllis Newman Women’s Health Initiative, The Al Hirschfeld Free Health Clinic, The Dancers’ Resource and three supportive housing residences. BC/EFA also awards annual grants to over 400 AIDS and family service organizations nationwide. For more information visit: www.BroadwayCares.org

THE GYPSY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION is sponsored by:
Continental Airlines, the official airline of BC/EFA and The New York Times

For more information, visit: www.BroadwayCares.org

Follow BC/EFA on Twitter: @BCEFA
Find BC/EFA on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BCEFA

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatch ... id=1800206

HELP A STEADY RAIN HELP OTHERS

Sunday, December 6, 7:00PM
Schoenfeld Theatre
236 West 45th Street

Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS salutes our friends at A Steady Rain who have been so exceedingly generous in building support for BC/EFA during the last six weeks of fundraising.

A Steady Rain is the must-see theatrical event of the 2009-10 Broadway season. If you haven’t already attended A Steady Rain, take this opportunity to see these two luminaries in their final performance which will benefit New Yorkers for Children and NYCPBA Widows and Children’s Fund.

What a profound impact this company, led by the tireless Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig, has had. And it doesn’t stop here. We want to help them help others.

Tickets can be purchased at the box office of the Schoenfeld Theatre (236 West 45th Street), through Telecharge by calling 212.239.6200 / 800.432.7250 or by visiting www.telecharge.com.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Germangirl wrote:I am sure, they have won this competition hands down, but looks, like neither DC nor HJ will be there. Looks like something, Elisa would want to go, though :wink:

BC/EFA's 21st Annual Gypsy of the Year Competition Announces Celebrity Presenters, Judges, Participants
Posted by: Official_Press_Release 07:33 am EST 12/02/09

BROADWAY CARES/EQUITY FIGHTS AIDS’
21ST ANNUAL
GYPSY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
ANNOUNCES
CELEBRITY PRESENTERS, JUDGES, PARTICIPANTS

MONDAY, DECEMBER 7 AT 4:30 PM
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8 AT 2 PM
AT BROADWAY’S PALACE THEATRE (1564 BROADWAY)

PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT BROADWAY CARES/EQUITY FIGHTS AIDS

Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS will present the 21st Annual GYPSY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION on Monday, December 7 (4:30 PM) and Tuesday, December 8 (2 PM) at the Palace Theatre (1564 Broadway). The proceeds from the event will benefit BC/EFA.

This year’s GYPSY OF THE YEAR will be hosted by Tony Award winner Julie White (The Understudy) and noted Broadway personality Seth Rudetsky (“Seth’s Big Fat Broadway” on Sirius/XM Satellite Radio).

This year’s judges include Ana Gasteyer (The Royal Family), John Glover (The Royal Family), Casey Nicholaw (The Drowsy Chaperone), Montego Glover (Memphis), BC/EFA’s President and Jujamcyn Producing Director Paul Libin, Marcia Milgrom Dodge (Ragtime), Jim Norton (Finian’s Rainbow), and longtime BC/EFA friend Marion Duckworth Smith.

This year’s celebrity awards presenters will be two-time Tony Award winner and long-time BC/EFA friend and Trustee Bernadette Peters and Michael McKean (Superior Donuts).

Shows scheduled to present include: Billy Elliot, Bye Bye Birdie, Chicago, Hair, Jersey Boys, Naked Boys Singing, Newsical, Mamma Mia!, Mary Poppins, Rock of Ages, Superior Donuts, West Side Story, and Wicked. This year the casts of Avenue Q and In The Heights will come together for a joint presentation.

This year’s opening number is being created by Melissa Mahon, Sean McKnight, and Seth Farber. The number will be a parody of the hit Fox reality show “So You Think You Can Dance” and will feature a special appearance by season five contestant Ryan Kasprzak.

In addition, special performances from Keigwin + Company representing Dancers Responding to AIDS, Natasha Paremski representing Classical Action, and a piece representing gypsies from national touring productions is being created by choreographer Shea Sullivan and singer/composer Katie Thompson.

Cited as “possibly the season’s most dazzling talent show,” the GYPSY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION, the all-singing, all-dancing, all-dishing extravaganza, is easily the biggest party in town!

THE GYPSY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION is the culmination of six weeks of fund raising when shows on and Off-Broadway engage in a friendly competition to see which show can raise the most money for the organization. Awards are presented to the companies that raise the most money and for the winning presentation.

TO BUY TICKETS TO GYPSY OF THE YEAR: VIP and Priority tickets ($350 and $200) and other tickets ($110/$40/$20) can be purchased online at www.BroadwayCares.org, in person at BC/EFA (165 West 46th Street, Suite 1300), by phone at (212) 840-0770, or at the door the day of the event.

BROADWAY CARES / EQUITY FIGHTS AIDS is the nation’s leading industry-based, nonprofit AIDS fundraising and grant-making organization. By drawing upon the talents, resources and generosity of the American theatre community, BC/EFA raises funds for AIDS-related causes and other critical illnesses across the United States. Since its founding in 1988, BC/EFA has raised over $170 million dollars for critically needed services for people with AIDS and other serious illnesses. BC/EFA is the major supporter of seven programs at The Actors Fund – including The AIDS Initiative, The Phyllis Newman Women’s Health Initiative, The Al Hirschfeld Free Health Clinic, The Dancers’ Resource and three supportive housing residences. BC/EFA also awards annual grants to over 400 AIDS and family service organizations nationwide. For more information visit: www.BroadwayCares.org

THE GYPSY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION is sponsored by:
Continental Airlines, the official airline of BC/EFA and The New York Times

For more information, visit: www.BroadwayCares.org

Follow BC/EFA on Twitter: @BCEFA
Find BC/EFA on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BCEFA

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatch ... id=1800206

HELP A STEADY RAIN HELP OTHERS

Sunday, December 6, 7:00PM
Schoenfeld Theatre
236 West 45th Street

Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS salutes our friends at A Steady Rain who have been so exceedingly generous in building support for BC/EFA during the last six weeks of fundraising.

A Steady Rain is the must-see theatrical event of the 2009-10 Broadway season. If you haven’t already attended A Steady Rain, take this opportunity to see these two luminaries in their final performance which will benefit New Yorkers for Children and NYCPBA Widows and Children’s Fund.

What a profound impact this company, led by the tireless Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig, has had. And it doesn’t stop here. We want to help them help others.

Tickets can be purchased at the box office of the Schoenfeld Theatre (236 West 45th Street), through Telecharge by calling 212.239.6200 / 800.432.7250 or by visiting www.telecharge.com.
I already have my tickets for both nights! I would think Hugh would make an appearance for at least one. (Hope is more like it). I hear last years with Dan Radcliffe was HILARIOUS. I've always wanted to go and a lot of my peeps will be there! :D
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

They finally have done it! :lol:

We saw A Steady Rain tonight. And after a rousing performance (I actually heard a fellow audience member say “wow” at the end of the show), was an even better performance.
Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig were auctioning off items to raise money for Broadway Cares, like signed posters and programs. But, they went above and beyond by auctioning the actual shirts off their backs. Their shirts, along with their pants went for 10,000 (yes, ten thousand) a piece, for a total of 40,000 dollars.
It started out as one bidder getting to the ten thousand mark, with a theatre usher greasing the wheels by yelling at the eight thousand mark, “It’s Wolverene and James Bond, c’mon!” As Jackman played auctioneer with much aplomb, he realized that he could get multiple bids, instead of just one. He said humbly to the crowd, “I’ll give you my pants, sign it and everything to raise money.”
And so, four lucky bidders got an article of clothing, signed by the stars, along with photos and time with them backstage… Jackman used his and Craig’s celebrity with the best results tonight, harnessing their star power for the benefit of those who need it most.
And it was a win win for us all… as we got to see a show after the show.
source: http://suehodara.com/blog/2009/12/03/star-power/

trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Dunda wrote:They finally have done it! :lol:
:lol: Next step:the underwear?? :twisted: :oops: :P
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I have waited for that report - she´s a real funny writer, too :wink:

Day 218 Woke up in the morning first thing to check…yep the cockroach looks dead under the plunger…to be on the safe side I spray a little more! Played some Tiger Woods then it was time for me to head up to Broadway to see “A Steady Rain” with Daniel Craig (James Bond) and Hugh Jackman (Wolverine)…before I left I stopped by the lobby and told the doorman that I needed one of the guys to go up and get rid of the Roach…ohh you expected me to get rid of it…ROTFL yeah that is not going to happen in my lifetime…I don’t care how dead it is I am not touching that thing!! what if it was Faking it!! LOL…anyway after that was taken care of I got in a cab and headed uptown. Got to the Theater and the Line to get in was 2 blocks long! It was ok though, turned out that a lot of the people were in the wrong line…they were going to another theater but the line to see A Steady Rain was so long that it passed by the entrance to the other show so a lot of people got in the wrong line…kinda funny! Get to my seat…all excited…I am going to see the 2 people that really brought to life my childhood heroes!!

I used to read Ian Flemmings Bond books when I was a kid and though I must admit I love All the Bond movies none of the Actors have really given me what I imagined from the books…until now! Daniel Craig portrays the Best Bond ever…Sean Connery I am sorry you were my Bond up until Daniel came along! As for Hugh Jackman well I used to read the comics X-Men as a kid and Wolverine was always my favorite character…complicated but always Fair!…so when they made the movie I was curious to see how they would portray Wolverine…the scene where you get introduced to him…the camera slowly moves in and all you see is this back…with muscles…lots of muscles…and a behind to die for…and then he turns around and it’s Wolverine! exactly the way he would look…IF he was real…which of course I know he’s not it’s just a movie!! I’m not that crazy…yet :-D As the movie progresses he is so true to the Wolverine character…I Loved it!

So when I found out about this play where they were going to be together at the same time Only the 2 of them on stage…I couldn’t resist! I had to get a ticket! The bell rings…the lights go down…people quiet down…and then there they are…looking soo georgeous…ohh damn I forgot to put my glasses on…discretely reach into my bag find my glasses…ahh better…still georgeous but sharper focus LOL. The play is awesome…I read some reviews and the critics didn’t like it and said it wasn’t moving…well sorry guys I don’t agree…I was moved and upset and would have loved to sock Hugh’s character for being an ass and my sympathies was with Daniel’s character since he was so nerdy…to have them change it all around and have my sympathies go to Hugh’s character and wanting to sock Daniel’s character for being an ass…all in all I loved it! Did it help that they both have very soothing deep voices…Of Course!

So the show is done…they get Standing ovations…they get called back and then Hugh says he has an announcement…he then starts unbuttoning his shirt…I think at this time most females in the audience stopped listening to what he was saying…so he said something about auctioning out his and Daniels wifebeaters to the highest bidder and the proceeds would go to Broadway Cares a nonprofit AIDS fundraising and grantmaking organization…so one of the ladies sitting a couple of seats beside me say “I will give you $100 if you don’t call it a Wifebeater” so he runs down and gets his $100! Then the bidding starts…at this point Daniel is starting to unbutton his shirt and I was no longer listening…so of course I put my hand up…did I mention that Daniel Craig had unbuttoned his shirt too…did I mention they are both Hunks…did I mention all the shoulder and upper arm muscles they were showing…hmm did I mention I am all for the visual pleasure LMAO…so in the end there is a competition between me and someone sitting further in the back…until they bid up to my cutoff number…yes I did have a cutoff number…so I stopped…Daniel and Hugh both looked at me expectantly and Hugh asked if I was going to bid again…but I managed to get the word No out of my mouth even though all I wanted to say was ”Anything for you guys”…so the other person won…I felt so defeated…:-D At that point Hugh says “Would it be ok if you each gave that amount and got one T-shirt each?” of course I start frantically nodding yes…and luckily for me so did the other person! So I get to go back stage and actually meet them and take pictures…so it is true that I am an extremely shy person but normally I can get over that and actually have normal conversations right…so I am talking to the people back stage while waiting for Hugh and Daniel to get changed…take off and sign the T-shirts…and everything is good and then out comes Hugh Jackman comes over to say hello and I stretch out my hand so he takes my hand leans forward and then kisses me on the cheek…at that point my age drastically reduced to 14 years old and I became speechless…right after him comes Daniel Craig and when he kissed me on the cheek my brain went…Pooof!…I am surprised noone gave me a napkin to wipe the drool off…so they both thanked me for the donation and then we lined up for a picture…so there I am with Hughs arm around my waist and Daniels around my back with his arm on my shoulder…and he pulls me in closer for the shot…as you can see by my silly grin in the picture below I did not mind…at all!

So the staff tells us they are going to take another picture to make sure that I get at least one good one so there I stand between them with Daniel squeezing me tight and YES I am in Heaven!
Hunk Sandwich!

After the pictures they both thanked me…more handshakes…more cheek kissing…yeah overload for my poor brain…did I mention they are both Hunks! seriously…did I mention my brain went out the window…then the staff came up with one of the posters for the show so Daniel writes “To Camilla Thank you and Lots of Love” then he signs then Hugh signs Daniel gives me the poster and tells me “Make sure not to put it in the plastic until the ink dries”….hmm I wonder if he noticed that my brain had walked away…then more handshakes more kisses then Hugh tells me not to go until the staff brings the shirt and just then they bring it in a plastic bag so he smiles and say Goodbye…Headed out from the Theater…slightly dazed…with my hands full of Poster, photos and…Daniel Craigs T-shirt! signed by both of them…I call Monica and probably sound very weird…tell her the story and all she can say is “You are Crazy!” in an excited voice…yes I guess I am but you know what Now I have Daniel Craigs undergarment in my apartment LMAO!!! Tried to go to sleep…yeah noo too excited…giddy like a little schoolgirl!

http://blog.thecamilla.com/
Last edited by Germangirl on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.