JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JEC, I just love your new avatar :lol: :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
calypso

Post by calypso »

i feel this today:
ImageImage
poppy

Post by poppy »

suddenly very jealous of all you guys over the pond, here's hoping if it all works out well it makes it over here
"she doesn't know what i do but she knows who i am......"
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:I don't get the accent thing.

The play is about two Chicago cops and their friendship after an incident when they have been doing their job.

This is so universal, it could be two NY cops or two cops in London.
I really don't think that the accent will be a problem
That would be the hope, but I think, it might be an issue - its like playing two Brits with a broad american accent - wouldn´t work either. But if he took the role, he will make sure it works...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Dunda wrote:JEC, I just love your new avatar :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you!! I was generously given some lovely Puppy Daniel pics, and so decided to make good use of them. :D

As you can see, I now have a permanent Passport to the Naughty Corner. :lol: ...............Image
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I looked on http://www.asteadyrain.com/ and though with my dial up I can't read it all for some reason I could read that they ae childhood friends who grew up in chicago where it takes place . The person who saw the play in chicago and wrote the comments about it seemed to think the accent is important . Just think how they have been talking about a black Bond and all the names mentioned have been american . How would you feel if Bond spoke without a british accent . You say this play can take place anywhere but it is in chicago the guys need to man up and work it ...Streep can do it., you just never see guys do it as much . I thought all the american and brit accents messed up Valkarie though as a rule I'm am used to brits as germans in the old black and white movies at least brit sounds foriegn .
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Sources say Daniel Craig has already signed on to play a Chicago police officer in a new play called "A Steady Rain," which is set to open after Labor Day.

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/ ... fault.aspx
Lu

Post by Lu »

this is so exciting!! Even though I'm sure I won't be able to see it, it will be nice to know he's right up there in New York for the theater run. I can't wait to read the play and see what Daniel is in for...

And Elaine...OMG...jealous of you... :wink:

God, I love the theater! This is so great!!
My books!

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

hppt://chicagodramatists.org/catalog/detail.html?playid=1270 tells some of the story and desribes the characters a bit . Who should DC play ? I'm leaning towards Denny .

I think this happened in real life in NY ...Jeffery Dahmer , the kid was returned to this guy and killed .
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

Another confirmation: http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Hu ... N_20090527

I can not tell you how STOKED I am for this!! If my plans go alright I'll hopefully be auditioning for a few schools in the area whilst the show's going on; maybe I can see it then? (cross my fingers 8) ).
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

laredo wrote:hppt://chicagodramatists.org/catalog/detail.html?playid=1270 tells some of the story and desribes the characters a bit . Who should DC play ? I'm leaning towards Denny .

I think this happened in real life in NY ...Jeffery Dahmer , the kid was returned to this guy and killed .
Laredo your link is ever so slightly off.

http://www.chicagodramatists.org/catalo ... layid=1270

And Jeffrey Dahmer did his thing in Milwaukee, not NY. And Keith Huff, did not say it was based in fact during his youtube interview posted by GG, but you never know.
Crazy!
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Thanks for fixing my link . Since I can't cut and paste I have to type it and its hard to get it right , I did that one 3 times . Thats why I used to e-mail stuff to you Elaine .

I didn't think it was based on truth other then the idea .. I didn't remember where Dahmer did it , they haven't made a movie on his life like they have most of Florida's serial killers . I just remember a foreign kid being returned to him .

They mentioned it on ET .

Wouln't it be cool if he and Hugh were at the Tonys on June 7th ?

I bet they go on The View because they love Broadway ( they are showing stuff all this week ) and Whoopi is friends with Babs .
dolphin100

Post by dolphin100 »

I'm from Chicago and very few actors get the accent right. They all end up sounding like they are from New York. I would love to see this play! Maybe a short trip to broadway needs to be planned....
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Can you think of an actor who has done a good chicago accent and in what movie ? Anyone in Road to Perdition ???
dolphin100

Post by dolphin100 »

I can't think of any.

I remember sitting in an airport talking to my sister and we asked a man the time. He was very nice and gave us the time and then he said "You're from Chicago aren't you?" I said how did you know. He said "Its the accent." I never realized I had an accent! Its a subtle "au" sound we use. An actor would really need an ear for accents to pull it off.

But I don't care if Daniel doesn't get it right. I just want to see him act in the flesh!