JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:Just checked some online buzz and it's looking very possible.

But this source can be believed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/2 ... 07998.html
It's on Playbill as well: http://www.playbill.com/news/article/12 ... adway_Play

"No official announcement about the production has been made; however, should it come to pass the drama will likely be the hottest ticket of the fall season.
Barbara Broccoli, who was a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang producer, will produce the Broadway outing."

:shock: :shock: :shock:

OMG, I hope it's going to play through December! I definitely won't get leave until after Christmas. :?
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Jana66

Daniel goes Broadway

Post by Jana66 »

I just reading the news and found this :D :D :D . OMG...this is, what I wish since a very long time!!! I am very glad to read this and I hope so much, it is on its way this fall. Mrs Broccoli is involved and I am sure, she knowes exactly, what she want.
And now...here is a very special "task" for me. Where will be to quene for a ticket? I am outside US (very, very outside :cry: :cry: :cry: ). But I wish me so much, that I can go and see it. Maybe...this kind of possibility is never come back again.
What a great and wonderful news. I am sitting in front of my computer with that special kind of smile...and planing a trip in my mind and I hope, I can do it for real.
I remember, here was a poll about Daniel...doing next. I also voted for the play and here we go :D :D :D .
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Keith Huff on his play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZJRYFVmqwk

Its interesting, that they speak of the aspect of bringing it to NY with stars, of what Huff isn´t very keen, but he has sold the rights...He says, there would be no advanced sales, going with the Chicago actors, since nobody knows them. Well - problem solved, I´d say. He can´t be disappointed by any means.
Seems two guys are sitting across each other and talk - that´s it. LOVE IT.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Germangirl wrote:Keith Huff on his play

Its interesting, that they speak of the aspect of bringing it to NY with stars, of what Huff isn´t very keen, but he has sold the rights...He says, there would be no advanced sales, going with the Chicago actors, since nobody knows them. Well - problem solved, I´d say. He can´t be disappointed by any means.
in the last minute of the interview Keith Huff mentions DC. So his name was being thought of back in January already.
Crazy!
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Germangirl wrote:Keith Huff on his play

I love it and can't wait for new developements.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP8inRjsM9s
This is what it could be like - Julia signing autographs

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york/ne ... 12547.html
I´d say, the new cast looks a BIT better - just an itsy bitsy bit :mrgreen:

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/ ... heate.html
What terrific news. Keith Huff is a good writer and this is a good play. This is a great thing for new plays and Chicago theatre, and I'm delighted to see a character-driven, text-based play get such accolades. It reminds us that the basis of theatre is story-telling, not empty spectacle and shock. Congrats to all.

Exciting design :lol:

The more I read about this, the more I see, that it so fits him to a T. Exactly what he is always looking for, whether in film or on stage.

Keith Huff's crackerjack two-hander "A Steady Rain" turns out to be less like the perpetual drizzle of its title and more like a snowball that builds to an avalanche. While Huff starts with a couple of familiar characters -- good-cop, bad-cop Chicago patrolmen with alcohol and racism issues -- he deepens them into complex figures, compellingly human even when at their most despicable. The adroit character development combines with a billowing narrative to deliver some rattling emotional crescendos.
http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117935 ... id=33&cs=1

http://www.theatreinchicago.com/playdet ... layID=1915
A Steady Rain

Royal George Theatre
1641 N. Halsted Chicago

A Steady Rain chronicles love and rage on the streets of Chicago as a domestic disturbance call sends two Chicago cops, friends since childhood, on a harrowing journey that will test their loyalties and change their lives forever. During a routine day, a pair of seasoned policemen, Denny and Joey, return a panic-stricken boy to his guardian. The two protagonists relate their shared story from very different perspectives, giving a picture of family in all its forms, along with the questionable moral choices made in its name. As their lifelong friendship is put to the ultimate test, both men must deal with honor and loyalty in the face of adversity. After a successful run at Chicago Dramatists the play moved to the current location of Royal George Theatre.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JEC57 wrote:I know I probably shouldn't "bite", but this report makes it sound like Daniel is somehow Hugh Jackman's "second wheel" and so I left a comment on their web site..........grrrrrr
:lol: :lol: :lol: JEC, I can so understand you...

In the german press there was a article when the work on QoS started, that stated like "Craig, who surprised the audience in CR.....lost a teeth, coudn't drive a car......"

And this 2 years after CR I was so mad, I wrote to the newspaper that they need to get their fact right.
They actually replied and changed the article. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:I know that it's presumptuous of me... but I just made a date with a friend that's a big HJ fan. We are penciled in for a sometime this fall!
Ms. Figgis, I'm so jealous! :evil:

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Dunda wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:I know that it's presumptuous of me... but I just made a date with a friend that's a big HJ fan. We are penciled in for a sometime this fall!
Ms. Figgis, I'm so jealous! :evil:

You might have some more visitors in the fall LOL ... I wouldn't mind getting a program from the play . Hugh and Dan , thats a gift from heaven .

In my pretend fantasy when they were both in NY during the holidays last year I was thinking that they got together with Nicole and her Aussie friends ( Simon Baker too )had dinner together .
Birte

Post by Birte »

http://perezhilton.com/2009-05-27-hugh- ... y-together

*Gimme a ticket for an aeroplane ... * :lol: Just wow!
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I see from the comments that a guy who saw the original play is concerned about the chicago accents . I think Hugh could pull it off but DC's chicago accent in RTP was so , so . My dad was born in chicago . I hope he does the accent good and really makes you feel like he is a different person .
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

from what I have read I don't think that the accent will be an issue :?

as far as I know it doesn't matter whether the two guy are from Chicago or from NY or New Orelans or anywhere else in the world.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

laredo wrote:I see from the comments that a guy who saw the original play is concerned about the chicago accents . I think Hugh could pull it off but DC's chicago accent in RTP was so , so . My dad was born in chicago . I hope he does the accent good and really makes you feel like he is a different person .
Oh, that´s true - the f***ing accents again :roll: Guess he will start working with a vocal couch then again - but, if even the writer feels, he is a great choice, it should be possible. I never understand anyway, why accents are so important. I so don´t care... :lol:

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Dunda wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: JEC, I can so understand you...

In the german press there was a article when the work on QoS started, that stated like "Craig, who surprised the audience in CR.....lost a teeth, coudn't drive a car......"

And this 2 years after CR I was so mad, I wrote to the newspaper that they need to get their fact right.
They actually replied and changed the article. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've calmed down now. :lol: I was so put out about them not even bothering to consult a basic biography for Daniel. :roll:

Btw.....I see the famous "perfect scar" is back.Image
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I don't get the accent thing.

The play is about two Chicago cops and their friendship after an incident when they have been doing their job.

This is so universal, it could be two NY cops or two cops in London.
I really don't think that the accent will be a problem