JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

IF - this needs an own thread. Its on the home page already.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05272009/ne ... 171122.htm

Said the wag: "Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman in police uniforms? All the boys will be there!"

The BOYS? :shock:
Last edited by Germangirl on Sun May 31, 2009 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Just checked some online buzz and it's looking very possible.

But this source can be believed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/2 ... 07998.html
Crazy!
Thelma

Post by Thelma »

:shock: It would be wonderful Image
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Excellent!! So now we know what he is fitting in between Bonds and it won't be too strenuous for his shoulder. :D This sounds right up his street as well.....conflicted character full of angst.

He did say he wanted a nice theatre role and he's got one. Maybe if it is successful, it will come to London. Image

It's interesting that Babs is keeping her money-spinning man close to her side. :wink:

If this is correct I think it's wonderful. It means another opportunity to keep his acting credentials up to scratch and avoid the "Bond curse" of being type-cast.

Wolverine and Bond on stage............Image
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Holy mother! Can you imagine the lines for tickets! And even if none of us gets in, it will be nice to see him out and about in NY! Yay!
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

A Steady Rain got great reviews during it's Chicago run.

http://broadwayworld.com/article/A_Stea ... n_20080306

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/ ... heate.html

I'm so there!
Crazy!
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

I nearly can't believe that :shock:! That's so fantastic :D :D :D! I love them both and so it will be great to see this. So wonderful to hear such fantastic news. I guess the tickets will be sold in an unbelievable short time. Would love to come around to see that. Lucky girls who live there!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

OMG!

Why not last week :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Love it that it is making it all over the mainstream press, but not impressed that they cannot get basic facts right. :evil:

"Though Craig hasn't performed on the stage since his days as a struggling young actor...." - - - so what was his role opposite Michael Gambon in A Number in 2002 (the same year as Road to Perdition!!!) - was that fairy mist? :evil: Grrrrr........

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/entertai ... adway.html
Vesper Lynd 007

Hope we will know more soon :roll: :evil:.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I love that it is a two person drama - god, just the two of them...

I don´t remember, if it was in the open forum or in pm´s, but I have written just recently "Do a play, buddie, do a play" :lol: Seems he listens. Good boy, Dan :mrgreen:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

I know I probably shouldn't "bite", but this report makes it sound like Daniel is somehow Hugh Jackman's "second wheel" and so I left a comment on their web site..........grrrrrr

"Though Craig hasn't performed on the stage since his days as a struggling young actor...." So his starring role on stage in London in 2002 with Michael Gambon in "A Number" was what? As this was the same year he co-starred with Tom Hanks and Paul Newman in Road to Perdition, and 10 years into his career, this hardly makes it a performance of "a struggling young actor" Very nice to hear his latest role is being publicised but it would also be nice if you got the facts of his career correct!"

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/entertai ... adway.html
calypso

Post by calypso »

ImageImage
Vesper Lynd 007

Germangirl wrote:I love that it is a two person drama - god, just the two of them...

I don´t remember, if it was in the open forum or in pm´s, but I have written just recently "Do a play, buddie, do a play" :lol: Seems he listens. Good boy, Dan :mrgreen:
That's great GG :wink:! Go on with that and make Dan do more such wonderful things :lol: :wink:.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

I know that it's presumptuous of me... but I just made a date with a friend that's a big HJ fan. We are penciled in for a sometime this fall!
Crazy!