JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

calypso

Post by calypso »

i admire daniel for being secure in himself to go anywhere and be so accepted and accepting

seems he go out after play to defuse and relax every night before going to bed as he seen many places yes late at night?
ImageImage
doubleclapclap

Post by doubleclapclap »

calypso wrote:i admire daniel for being secure in himself to go anywhere and be so accepted and accepting

seems he go out after play to defuse and relax every night before going to bed as he seen many places yes late at night?
Oh yes absolutely. Not many actors, let alone men in general, would be as confident/comfortable as dc in a gay club.
But he's had his share of comments from people on the net...St Bart's with Andy Cohen if I remember correctly.. and it's so nice to see that daniel doesn't care a bit about it!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

doubleclapclap wrote:
calypso wrote:i admire daniel for being secure in himself to go anywhere and be so accepted and accepting

Oh yes absolutely. Not many actors, let alone men in general, would be as confident/comfortable as dc in a gay club.
But he's had his share of comments from people on the net...St Bart's with Andy Cohen if I remember correctly.. and it's so nice to see that daniel doesn't care a bit about it!!
He is absolutely hard nosed about these things and I have a feeling, he likes to stir things up a bit, too :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
doubleclapclap wrote:

He is absolutely hard nosed about these things and I have a feeling, he likes to stir things up a bit, too :lol:
si i think so. he like to throw the spoon in the works yes? i think it give him kick.

i think he like being the smart ass yes for the press too.

where is cig o rama? is it club?
Last edited by calypso on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I 'm watching hugh in OKLAHOMA and I wonder how he did a 3hr show like this every night . He plays curly and has curly hair. His vioce is good but not as deep a Gorden McCrea from the film.
icelemt38

Post by icelemt38 »

Reports from tonight's performance says that a phone was ringing during the show and this time Daniel was the one to address it. He said something like "does someone want to answer that?" and then went straight into his monologue, much like what Hugh did the other night. I wonder how many disturbances they'll have to encounter during this run, this is really still only the previews, lol.
calypso

Post by calypso »

icelemt38 wrote:Reports from tonight's performance says that a phone was ringing during the show and this time Daniel was the one to address it. He said something like "does someone want to answer that?" and then went straight into his monologue, much like what Hugh did the other night. I wonder how many disturbances they'll have to encounter during this run, this is really still only the previews, lol.
i hope that this not regular occurrence for them as it must break their charcters. im surprised they do it freely like this.

it might become trend to ruin their performances like this.
ImageImage
icelemt38

Post by icelemt38 »

I agree, it must be beyond annoying.

BTW I posted my videos on the stage work thread, if it needs to be moved or reposted somewhere else, by all means go ahead.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:
icelemt38 wrote:Reports from tonight's performance says that a phone was ringing during the show and this time Daniel was the one to address it. He said something like "does someone want to answer that?" and then went straight into his monologue, much like what Hugh did the other night. I wonder how many disturbances they'll have to encounter during this run, this is really still only the previews, lol.
i hope that this not regular occurrence for them as it must break their charcters. im surprised they do it freely like this.

It might actually be one of the kicks being in a live play - you never know, what will happen. I am sure, there will be more incidents of different kinds up to at least one totally crazy woman making a fool of herself. :lol: Not gonna be me, though :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
calypso wrote:

It might actually be one of the kicks being in a live play - you never know, what will happen. I am sure, there will be more incidents of different kinds up to at least one totally crazy woman making a fool of herself. :lol: Not gonna be me, though :twisted:
if they are deep in character then how they break out of them so easily?
must be exhausting.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
calypso wrote: i hope that this not regular occurrence for them as it must break their charcters. im surprised they do it freely like this.

if they are deep in character then how they break out of them so easily?
must be exhausting.
I am sure they can turn it on and off quite easily. You have to remember - during rehearsals, you do that all the time.

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Please, post a link to this Cocoo article! :) and blog pleeease.
Penelope

Post by Penelope »

This is from the US entertainment reporter for an australian breakfast tv show:
But last night was a showbiz experience that was pure pleasure: taking my best friend, Glenn, along with me to see the gripping new Broadway drama "A Steady Rain," starring Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman. It's in previews right now and officially opens for a limited run at the end of September. I won't give away the plot...just in case you make it to Manhattan to see the show, but I will say that it's extremely intense and adult. Both actors rose to the occasion for an utterly compelling ninety minutes; just the two men on stage the whole time, no intermission...not even so much as a glass of water! The audience rewarded them with thunderous applause and a standing ovation.
The rest is about going backstage to meet Hugh.
Source
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Regarding the cell phone ring interruption, when Daniel was speaking, he was standing on the right orchestra side with his left hand in his pocket and using his right hand to help 'talk' when the cell phone rang. He said nothing after the first ring. After the second ring, he said, "Do you want to get that?" in a firm and slightly disgusted tone while looking at the person in the audience in the right Orchestra. The audience erupted in applause. He went back to character, started to walk to the other side then about 5 seconds later the phone made another sound. Daniel turned his head back, gave him very firm, quick look implying "One more time......!!!" The phone sound stopped. He stayed in character while speaking to that person.

I was directly in front of him in the front row when this happened, so I saw his facial expression. He handled it perfectly. He had to have been pleased with himself.

Of course everyone should have their cell phones turned off, but the theater doesn't do a good job to remind people. An usher tells people "No photography, turn your cell phones off", etc.. while people are still getting settled in their seats. In contrast, at Billy Elliott, there is an amplified announcement to turn your phones off and check your phones to make sure they are off. It was a much stronger reminder right before the show started.
icelemt38

Post by icelemt38 »

Yea as sf2la said, they stay in character when all this stuff happens. Which makes it fun and it doesn't really disrupt the play all that much. Especially in one like this one because the actors are talking to the audience the whole time, adressing them directly. Some people said that the previous incident where Hugh addressed the person, the people sitting in front of the lady didn't even know something was going on because it was all done in character.