Broadway discussion turned into "Bye,Bye ASR"

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Wow, how cool. Keep us updated
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Wow,that's great,sf2la!Lucky you!Looking forward to more details! :D
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Penelope wrote:
bumblebee wrote:I'm confused. What is the difference between the "preview" shows of ASR and the one after "opening night" on the 29th?
During previews, the show is still a work in progress. There may be changes in the script, staging and such. Parts could be cut or added. About a week before opening night, the production will be "frozen" and there should be no major changes. At that point, the professional critics will be invited to attend and most of their reviews will appear the morning after the opening.
Thank you. That explains a lot.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

text removed
Last edited by sf2la on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

text removed
Last edited by sf2la on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

text removed
Last edited by sf2la on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

PLEASE remove any forum posts regarding Sats and Dan. Someone on JJ is copying and pasting my comments and photos on the site.
Last edited by sf2la on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

sf2la wrote:PLEASE remove any form posts regarding Sats and Dan. Someone on JJ is copying and pasting my comments and photos on the site.
Yep, they are stealing all over the place. The pic I posted of Daniel in the doorway of the sunglasses shop has made it's way over there too. :roll:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:PLEASE remove any form posts regarding Sats and Dan. Someone on JJ is copying and pasting my comments and photos on the site.
Just read the stuff and its annoying, but what can we do? I can totally understand your anger, sf - I would be mad,too, to see my posts twisted around. Someone is stealing here and has done so for a long time. Nothing we can do apart from going on and not care about them IMO.
Read also the Hugh Jackman - t-shirt terrific posts on Daniels side - they are bitchy also. He smiles too much (my opinion also) is a publicity whore etc etc, he is gay, he is this and that - not favourable at all either. Those people are just not capable of playing it nice but if we start controlling what we write here because of them, we will imprison ourselves here and for what? They will find stuff to bitch about never mind what we do here. Daniel has learned to ignore the bad and not change his attitude towards his behaviour - so maybe we should do the same.
IF we react to them - we give them an impact, that would serve their purpose not ours.
IF we keep on doing, what we do - posting articles, nice pictures etc - we will be able to project a fairer image of DC to the public, who reads our forum and might be able to make up for the vitriol board.
This is really important (IF we talk of importance in this matter) and serves him better than holding back (I mean that in generell and not directed towards you, sf). He never speaks out for himself or answers to the crap (which is the best way to handle it, yes) but we can - with our posts, fair articles and good pics.
Just my two...

Thanks again though sf for all your beautiful posts - they remain to be great, even if those people tear them apart...they don´t count in the thinking mens/womens world, lets not forget that.
Last edited by Germangirl on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

fond-of-bond

Post by fond-of-bond »

We can't moan about them stealing when we do it ourselves.

I personally don't give a monkey's what they write about, I don't read it. No-one should feel they have to hold back on their posts because of them, what is the point of this website otherwise?

I too can understand your annoyance sf2la but don't let them get to you.
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

I can understand your anger, but unfortunately there's nothing we can do. Try not to let them get to you.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I completely understand your frustration sf - it's almost akin to an infringement of copyright. But it's also "interesting" to glean the impression from JJ - if you can cut through the mindless bitterness and jealousy - that DtD actually seems to be considered the defacto word on DC. "what does DtD say", "this from DtD..." etc.

Your pics and stories are testament to all that.

There is solidarity here, a true fan base, comraderie and genuine insight - there is also hilarity at DC's expense - we are not so stuck up his ass that we can't have fun too.

Just Jared should be renamed "Just Jibes"
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Ha, I checked the commentary on JJ as well yesterday and I am amazed at their apparent lack of data mining and documentation, tsk-tsk... No wonder DtD is a main source for them, because we do things way better! 8)

Kudos for the good sourcing and obsessive fact finding for ALL of us!!

Grip
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

D2D is a fantastic site. It comes up 3rd or 4th in the search.
I have noticed it coming up more and more in Daniel Craig searches.
I am prowd to have been excepted as part of the forum.
You do a fantastic job.
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

sharmaine wrote:Wooohoooo!
I managed to get some tickets for October 3 - Saturday - matinee.

Right orchestra Row J - Seats 16-18
(10 rows from the stage - to the right)

Big Apple here I come!
OK! When is the next DtD member seeing it? Please share your experience. Tell us all about it!