Broadway discussion turned into "Bye,Bye ASR"

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cornell01 wrote:
sharmaine wrote:Wooohoooo!
I managed to get some tickets for October 3 - Saturday - matinee.

Right orchestra Row J - Seats 16-18
(10 rows from the stage - to the right)

Big Apple here I come!
OK! When is the next DtD member seeing it? Please share your experience. Tell us all about it!
There is a timeline here
Linda - Oct. 1

GG - Oct. 2

Elaine
Lu
Wendy
Sharmaine - all Oct. 3
Cicero
Cy
Sophie
GG

FSG - Oct. 7

Pam - Oct 17

Togal - Oct 17

Dunda - Oct. 18

tbossmc - Nov. 6

Jocelyn - Nov 21
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Wow. I am sooooooo jealous. You all must satisfy the cravings of the rest of us unfortunate ones who can't go, but who will want to hear all the little details. Pleeeeeease.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cornell01 wrote:Wow. I am sooooooo jealous. You all must satisfy the cravings of the rest of us unfortunate ones who can't go, but who will want to hear all the little details. Pleeeeeease.
ALL the dirty little details 8) :twisted: I wished there were some to report upon, but strongly doubt it :( Our man is just sooo not on the market.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Speaking of SM, I wonder if she goes with him and stays backstage for every performance. Does she go out with him when he goes to places like the Boom Boom Room and the Hiro Ballroom? Did she go to Fashion Week?

I think NYC paparazzi and reporters/columnists aren't familiar with them, and don't recognize her or realize who she is. So we aren't hearing much about her.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cornell01 wrote:Speaking of SM, I wonder if she goes with him and stays backstage for every performance. Does she go out with him when he goes to places like the Boom Boom Room and the Hiro Ballroom? Did she go to Fashion Week?

I think NYC paparazzi and reporters/columnists aren't familiar with them, and don't recognize her or realize who she is. So we aren't hearing much about her.
I think she is with him in the theatre and definitely was at the Boom Boom Room. You know them - they are like twins :wink: There weren´t any pics of Hughs wife either..

cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

I wonder who they're going with to these different NYC nightlife places. It doesn't seem in character for him to go without someone saying "come along, see what it's like." He's said he doesn't like "show-bizzy" celebrity-type parties, hasn't he?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cornell01 wrote:I wonder who they're going with to these different NYC nightlife places. It doesn't seem in character for him to go without someone saying "come along, see what it's like." He's said he doesn't like "show-bizzy" celebrity-type parties, hasn't he?
He was with the owner of the Boom Boom for example Andre ?. He is probably hyped and full of energy and right now NYC is the center of the world :lol: He knows so many people there - I feel, he is easily convinced these days to have some fun :wink: I am glad..

cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Yes. Hyped. Probably relieved that word-of-mouth is so positive. Opening night jitters, waiting to see how your work is received, and then letting loose all that nervous energy and relief. Next are the theater critic reviews after Sept. 29.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Hey GG,
Intermision at Billy Elliott. Spectacular show. Re: next tickets, I'll be at the Sept 30 show and others that week.
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

Ooo your at Billy Elliot??? I'm seriously jealous :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:Hey GG,
Intermision at Billy Elliott. Spectacular show. Re: next tickets, I'll be at the Sept 30 show and others that week.
There is sooo much to swallow in NY right now. Now you start to catch with everything else you missed due to DC :D It must be so rewarding to be there. What a hype. Have a save trip home.

Sophie

Post by Sophie »

I received this email today:

"September, 2009
Dear Telecharge.com Patron:
You are receiving this email because you have ordered tickets for A STEADY RAIN at the Schoenfeld Theatre. Please be advised that the curtain rises promptly at the time printed on your tickets. Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of management.
If you have any questions, please call the Telecharge.com Customer Service Department (9:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M. EST, 7 days a week) at: 212-239-6210 - tri-state area 800-543-4835 - outside the tri-state area Cordially,Telecharge.com® Customer Service Department"

FYI 8)
you wanna do WHAT to me?
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Sophie wrote:I received this email today:

"September, 2009
Dear Telecharge.com Patron:
You are receiving this email because you have ordered tickets for A STEADY RAIN at the Schoenfeld Theatre. Please be advised that the curtain rises promptly at the time printed on your tickets. Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of management.
If you have any questions, please call the Telecharge.com Customer Service Department (9:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M. EST, 7 days a week) at: 212-239-6210 - tri-state area 800-543-4835 - outside the tri-state area Cordially,Telecharge.com® Customer Service Department"

FYI 8)
I got it too. Who would dare be late and miss one moment of the show?
Linda

Post by Linda »

I got that email too. As you said who would be late. Not me.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

For those in NY on Oct 3 for the matinee or the evening show, I was thinking of setting up a meeting spot for between shows for those interested.

Right now Juniors Cheesecake on Broadway is looking very promising. It´s centrally located, big, bright and a varied menu.

Very informal, I´ll try to figure out more details and post it in a few days.

http://www.juniorscheesecake.com/our_restaurants/
Crazy!