Life of Daniel

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Updated the 2009 and 2010 timelines.

I did not include sightings twittered only once unless the poster is someone like Jon Favreu or Olivia Wilde :wink: Just in case you're wondering...
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Updated the first posts of 1968-1992 and 1993-2004 with photos and some data.
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

agrippina wrote:Updated the first posts of 1968-1992 and 1993-2004 with photos and some data.
Sweet! :D
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks - much appreciated.. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Thanks jec for pointing this thread out, this is AMAZING stuff, well done agrip!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Jeezus! I just discovered this thread. Amazing detail! Grip, thank you! I suppose his mother has this info, but maybe, just maybe not. This is quite the succinct biography that a loved one of his would love (we're included in that group :lol: .) If I were his daughter, I would want this information. Kudos!
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

From Hilary Green, Daniel's drama teacher at school...

OK, let's get one thing out of the way straight off - the one thing everyone wants to hear about. I was once embraced by 007!

It was a long time ago, admittedly, and he wasn't 007 then, but I am the teacher who gave Daniel Craig his first acting experience. I won't say I guided his first steps. It was more a question of standing back in amazement and watching it all happen,because Daniel never need much instruction. It was all there from the start, the charisma, the command of the stage, the instinctive grasp of character, but I like to think my encouragement helped him along the way. After he left school I didn't hear of him for years, but then his name started cropping up in theatre reviews and on TV. The big break through came with 'Our Friends in the North' and after that there was no holding him back. I last saw him when he was appearing with Michael Gambon at the Royal Court Theatre in London, in a play by Caryl Churchill called 'A Number'. It was a two-hander requiring immense concentration from both actors and Danny was brilliant, as usual. What was truly amazing was that he wasa filming Sylvia during the day, starting at ungodly hours every motning, and still at the top of his game in stage in the evening. I went back stage afterwards and he greeted me with a big hug. I asked him to sign my copy of the play and he wrote, 'Thank you for setting me on my way. With much love, Daniel.'

I haven't seen him for years now, of course. He's far too grand and busy, and judging from recent interviews he seems to want to forget all about his schooldays. But I still treasure that message.

http://www.hilarygreen.co.uk/about%20myself.html
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

nice find SG thanks.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Yes, a great find, SG! The second-to-last sentence kind of left a bitter taste with me though. I wonder what to which interviews she is referring.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

sf2la wrote:Yes, a great find, SG! The second-to-last sentence kind of left a bitter taste with me though. I wonder what to which interviews she is referring.
You know how private he is, I don't think he appreciated his schooldays being discussed. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

My thoughts, too - he is not discussing these parts of his life, but that has nothing to do with wanting to forget about it. That's XXX
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

caramel

Post by caramel »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
sf2la wrote:Yes, a great find, SG! The second-to-last sentence kind of left a bitter taste with me though. I wonder what to which interviews she is referring.
You know how private he is, I don't think he appreciated his schooldays being discussed. :wink:
Great find!
Yes I was wondering what she was talking about? Wanting to forget all about his schooldays. :-k
Maybe she meant it as something like what accomplished actors got thru, like being embarrassed of being reminded of your younger days when you weren't all that..
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

caramel wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
Great find!
Yes I was wondering what she was talking about? Wanting to forget all about his schooldays. :-k
Maybe she meant it as something like what accomplished actors got thru, like being embarrassed of being reminded of your younger days when you weren't all that..
Oh, and I wasn't referring to him being bitter; I was referring to her being a bit bitter.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Hilary Green gave an interview for a programme about Daniel on the Biography Channel and I remember that she spoke well of him. To be honest, I think being his school drama teacher is her main claim to fame, but she is also a writer.
See: http://apps.cheshirewestandchester.gov. ... x?id=33413
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Photo of the programme Daniel signed for her...............