Interview Collection

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:
khenton wrote:
jennifer Marie Wegmann-Gabb said...
"Daniel Craig, enh...."

Have you considered therapy for that?
gotta love that! :wink: k
LOL!! I'll have to remember that one. I seem to be the only person I know :wink: besides everyone here, who thinks he's 'all that.'
I believe, that is rather easy to explain.
1 - his looks ain't for everyone
2 - after CR, when everybody was ready to love him, he sorta turned down that love with his privacy thing and not playing the game
3. he is too different in his looks - he goes from drop dead gorgeous, to handsome to yuk - all of that in the span of a minute - even during one film. People are not used to that - they are used to gorgeous males, who make attempts to be all that in every moment of their lives to please their eyes.
4 - WE know after a couple of years, how he is as a person - know meant as - as close as you can possibly get - but those, who just read reports or see him in pap pics might not have the impression, he is such a terrific guy (his choice to present himself like that).

So - IMO, its not difficult to see, how anybody doesn't see, what we KNOW is there.
Still - and amazingly so - he has made such a career out of what he got and what he decided to show - that I believe, he does have a lot of admirors of all coleur - men and women, straight men and gays, who help him to build his career based on what he gives us.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote:
khenton wrote: gotta love that! :wink: k
LOL!! I'll have to remember that one. I seem to be the only person I know :wink: besides everyone here, who thinks he's 'all that.'
I believe, that is rather easy to explain.
1 - his looks ain't for everyone
2 - after CR, when everybody was ready to love him, he sorta turned down that love with his privacy thing and not playing the game
3. he is too different in his looks - he goes from drop dead gorgeous, to handsome to yuk - all of that in the span of a minute - even during one film. People are not used to that - they are used to gorgeous males, who make attempts to be all that in every moment of their lives to please their eyes.
4 - WE know after a couple of years, how he is as a person - know meant as - as close as you can possibly get - but those, who just read reports or see him in pap pics might not have the impression, he is such a terrific guy (his choice to present himself like that).

So - IMO, its not difficult to see, how anybody doesn't see, what we KNOW is there.
Still - and amazingly so - he has made such a career out of what he got and what he decided to show - that I believe, he does have a lot of admirors of all coleur - men and women, straight men and gays, who help him to build his career based on what he gives us.
Absolutely on all of the above. I LOVE your gorgeous - handsome - yuk in minute. So true. I can't even justify why I think he's handsome in some pics.

The people I'm talking about haven't given him the time of day because they just don't find him attractive. I met up with an old friend from high school last week and she thinks he's butt-ugly, and that the best looking Bond is Brosnan. Wouldn't Pierce be happy about that? She's seen both Bond movies too. Daniel had me within 5 minutes of the film. That was it. I was in lust. Serious case. I'm GLAD not everyone likes him. And I don't know why I feel that way - I guess I don't always like to be a part of the masses.
calypso

Post by calypso »

daniel craig is an everyman, he is an actor's actor.
ImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

calypso wrote:daniel craig is an everyman, he is an actor's actor.
Yep, and we get the impression that he's so well liked. He's certainly admired from his acting education and earlier roles. Point being, I seem him a huge favorite if he gets nominated for an Oscar. Popularity helps (not that he needs it.)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote: The people I'm talking about haven't given him the time of day because they just don't find him attractive. I met up with an old friend from high school last week and she thinks he's butt-ugly, and that the best looking Bond is Brosnan. Wouldn't Pierce be happy about that? She's seen both Bond movies too. Daniel had me within 5 minutes of the film. That was it. I was in lust. Serious case. I'm GLAD not everyone likes him. And I don't know why I feel that way - I guess I don't always like to be a part of the masses.
I feel the reason, why those, who do find him attractive goes way beyond the looks - there is much deeper stuff going on with him. Others, not so much and hence, they are just not for us. Pretty or attractive faces or not...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote: The people I'm talking about haven't given him the time of day because they just don't find him attractive. I met up with an old friend from high school last week and she thinks he's butt-ugly, and that the best looking Bond is Brosnan. Wouldn't Pierce be happy about that? She's seen both Bond movies too. Daniel had me within 5 minutes of the film. That was it. I was in lust. Serious case. I'm GLAD not everyone likes him. And I don't know why I feel that way - I guess I don't always like to be a part of the masses.
I feel the reason, why those, who do find him attractive goes way beyond the looks - there is much deeper stuff going on with him. Others, not so much and hence, they are just not for us. Pretty or attractive faces or not...
For me, the stuff behind the eyes was just icing on the cake! WOW! But I thought he was smoldering sexy handsome just on screen as Bond, knowing nothing about the guy. Some people thought he was not good looking AT ALL (obviously the minority.) I just can't fathom that.