Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

calypso

Post by calypso »

I hope daniel not losing his english accent as he spent so much time in US and now Canada. :(
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:I hope daniel not losing his english accent as he spent so much time in US and now Canada. :(
Plus he has Jesse Plat again, who works on his accent. Means FORGET your english accent and speak propper US/Canadian english. Next one with C&A won´t help either :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
calypso wrote:I hope daniel not losing his english accent as he spent so much time in US and now Canada. :(
Plus he has Jesse Plat again, who works on his accent. Means FORGET your english accent and speak propper US/Canadian english. Next one with C&A won´t help either :lol:
i know, he must not lose that british accent, that is his trademark but bond will bring it back. :thumbup:

i just not want him to go transatlantic on us all.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
i know, he must not lose that british accent, that is his trademark but bond will bring it back. :thumbup:

In all seriousness - I doubt any of us would loose our accents, unless we want it. Daniel already lost his original accent, because he chose to do so.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

And it's back again, as soon as his feet touche british ground :lol: :lol:

I remember an interview with Diane Krüger who has worked hard at losing her german accent when talking english or french.
She said that she had a coach for many many month who worked with her.
And when she was casted by Quentin Tarantino the first thing he said to her was "Get your german accent back" :lol: :lol:

She had the accent back in Inglourious Basterds, it was painfull to hear (she sounded like me :twisted: :lol: )

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote: Plus he has Jesse Plat again, who works on his accent. Means FORGET your english accent and speak propper US/Canadian english. Next one with C&A won´t help either :lol:

In all seriousness - I doubt any of us would loose our accents, unless we want it. Daniel already lost his original accent, because he chose to do so.
daniel i think has not lost his cheshire/little liverpool accent, he chooses to hide it. you can still hear in certain words it comes through. on certain vowels its there.
i dont think he would choose to lose something that is native to him.
he is an great actor after all, so he has talent to hide.
people who are not good actors choose the easier option - to lose.
Last edited by calypso on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:And it's back again, as soon as his feet touche british ground :lol: :lol:
But not his Chester accent - her lost Liverpool years ago. I remember an interview, when the reporter asked him, where it is and he cried like " Where did it go?:shock: I lost it!! " :lol:
I remember an interview with Diane Krüger who has worked hard at losing her german accent when talking english or french.
She said that she had a coach for many many month who worked with her.
And when she was casted by Quentin Tarantino the first thing he said to her was "Get your german accent back" :lol: :lol:

She had the accent back in Inglourious Basterds, it was painfull to hear (she sounded like me :twisted: :lol: )
Loosing a german accent is something, it tried and almost achieved to do, when I lived in the States. I worked hard on it, because I hated it, when people just knew, I was German, when I hardly had opened my mouth. What can I say - its back :cry:

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
Dunda wrote:And it's back again, as soon as his feet touche british ground :lol: :lol:
But not his Chester accent - her lost Liverpool years ago. I remember an interview, when the reporter asked him, where it is and he cried like " Where did it go?:shock: I lost it!! " :lol:
If you hear him on the "i" vowel sounds, his liverpool is there.
for example in layer cake in phone booth talking about "kirby" house?

kirby was very liverpool. it is still there, i can hear it. i used to have friend from there, my ears can pick it up.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

kirby was very liverpool. it is still there, i can hear it. i used to have friend from there, my ears can pick it up.
Yes, "Kirby House" was accent as was "Get the girl out" - but you get what I mean - he chose to loose his Liverpool as much as possible to be more anonym, but he still considers himself as having an accent. In LC he says, they approved to have XXX speak in his own accent. To me now he sounds pretty average british. But my ears might not get the little diversities. :wink:

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote: But not his Chester accent - her lost Liverpool years ago. I remember an interview, when the reporter asked him, where it is and he cried like " Where did it go?:shock: I lost it!! " :lol:

Yes, "Kirby House" was accent as was "Get the girl out" - but you get what I mean - he chose to loose his Liverpool as much as possible to be more anonym, but he still considers himself as having an accent. In LC he says, they approved to have XXX speak in his own accent. To me now he sounds pretty average british. But my ears might not get the little diversities. :wink:
si! :thumbup:

i make me wonder about how an accent is approved? who approoves it? director?
ImageImage
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
calypso wrote: If you hear him on the "i" vowel sounds, his liverpool is there.

I hear the Liverpool accent when he says "one', comes out as "whon" - his Bond says it too.

The Wirral where he grew up is considered the "posh' suburb of Liverpool across the Mersey, not even really Liverpool and the accent is not as strong as Liverpool itself. I went to university in Liverpool and that side of town was for those who had "made it".
calypso

Post by calypso »

bumblebee wrote:
calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

I hear the Liverpool accent when he says "one', comes out as "whon" - his Bond says it too.

The Wirral where he grew up is considered the "posh' suburb of Liverpool across the Mersey, not even really Liverpool and the accent is not as strong as Liverpool itself. I went to university in Liverpool and that side of town was for those who had "made it".
si! hoylake is very nice too. the accent not considered as hard or common as liverpool itslef. and then he had some chester thrown in.
ImageImage
togal

Post by togal »

Husband told me that Daniel is at the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey game tonight. Apparently sitting in Platinum seats.
calypso

Post by calypso »

togal wrote:Husband told me that Daniel is at the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey game tonight. Apparently sitting in Platinum seats.
just psoted pics in paparazzi thread.
http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... 161#204161

already on it. :wink:
ImageImage
togal

Post by togal »

Thanks for link. I just got home from a movie. I wonder if he even likes hockey.