Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

User avatar
JEC57
Posts: 10024
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: 15/01/96

Post by JEC57 » Fri May 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Sylvia's girl wrote:299
ACTORS NOT ACTING DOUCHEY
Word from the newly wrapped set of the feature DREAM HOUSE starring Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz and Naomi Watts is that Daniel Craig is lovely and personable to everyone. So often we hear stories of actors being douchey on set so we thought we’d pass on a story that suggetss the opposite. Beyond, Daniel being sweet to everyone he was very understanding of forced calls (finishing late and then allowing the production to call you in early even though it technically violates the term of your contract), and some uneccessary early calls that were due to either AD eff ups or just bad luck. Our insiders say that he just sucked it up and did his work.

Rachel Weisz was similarly lovely.

Our sources say that another actress on the movie was not particularly accomodating or sweet or talented

Does this mean thet Naomi is a bit difficult to work with?

http://www.killthedoor.com/2010/05/acto ... g-douchey/
I love hearing reports like this. That's our man!! :thumbup:
Image
Image

User avatar
trueblue
Posts: 3905
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: Greece

Post by trueblue » Fri May 14, 2010 9:24 pm

JEC57 wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:299
ACTORS NOT ACTING DOUCHEY
Word from the newly wrapped set of the feature DREAM HOUSE starring Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz and Naomi Watts is that Daniel Craig is lovely and personable to everyone. So often we hear stories of actors being douchey on set so we thought we’d pass on a story that suggetss the opposite. Beyond, Daniel being sweet to everyone he was very understanding of forced calls (finishing late and then allowing the production to call you in early even though it technically violates the term of your contract), and some uneccessary early calls that were due to either AD eff ups or just bad luck. Our insiders say that he just sucked it up and did his work.

Rachel Weisz was similarly lovely.

Our sources say that another actress on the movie was not particularly accomodating or sweet or talented

Does this mean thet Naomi is a bit difficult to work with?

http://www.killthedoor.com/2010/05/acto ... g-douchey/
I love hearing reports like this. That's our man!! :thumbup:
Very true! :wink:
Thanks,SG! :D
Image

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46436
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Fri May 14, 2010 9:41 pm

In 3 1/2 years I have never heard anything else. This is why actors and directors want to repeatedly work with him. Its a good way to ensure work for a long time to come.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
Anglophile
Posts: 3573
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:50 am
Location: in front of my comp

Post by Anglophile » Sun May 23, 2010 1:13 pm

That's the main reason why I'll always love this guy. There are a lot of good actors out there, but knowing that someone is a lovely human being makes it so much more rewarding to follow their career.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~

User avatar
Cicero
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Copenhagen

Post by Cicero » Tue May 25, 2010 9:32 am

Does anyone know when this movie will hit the cinemas?
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Image

User avatar
Anglophile
Posts: 3573
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:50 am
Location: in front of my comp

Post by Anglophile » Sun May 30, 2010 11:51 am

Cicero wrote:Does anyone know when this movie will hit the cinemas?
This is the most recent statement I could find.
"expected to be in theatres early-mid 2011"
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~

User avatar
sf2la
Posts: 14520
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:15 pm
Location: CA

Post by sf2la » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:23 am

Yes, so nice to hear. I wouldn't care for him either if her were a jerk.

When I read this by Bradley Cooper, I thought to myself that even if he were as good looking as Daniel, I could never like him. He says stupid stuff like what's at the end of this article. Gimme a break...aargh.. Daniel would never say that stuff. Think it - yes; say it - no.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dai ... y_id=64886

User avatar
Mariah
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:52 pm
Location: US

Post by Mariah » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:17 am

I must say, even though I'm terribly jealous of Rachel and Naomi, I am glad that Daniel has two classic beauties along side him in this movie. Classic beauties with acting talent, at that!
Image
"I have no armour left. You've stripped it from me. Whatever is left of me - whatever is left of me - whatever I am - I'm yours."

User avatar
Mariah
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:52 pm
Location: US

Post by Mariah » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:19 am

sf2la wrote:Yes, so nice to hear. I wouldn't care for him either if her were a jerk.

When I read this by Bradley Cooper, I thought to myself that even if he were as good looking as Daniel, I could never like him. He says stupid stuff like what's at the end of this article. Gimme a break...aargh.. Daniel would never say that stuff. Think it - yes; say it - no.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dai ... y_id=64886
I don't think he meant it in a narcissitic way though. The way I read it was he was just proud that he finally got his body buff like he always wanted and that he achieved that because of his role in the movie. But I could be wrong :P
Image
"I have no armour left. You've stripped it from me. Whatever is left of me - whatever is left of me - whatever I am - I'm yours."

User avatar
sf2la
Posts: 14520
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:15 pm
Location: CA

Post by sf2la » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:36 am

Mariah wrote:
sf2la wrote:Yes, so nice to hear. I wouldn't care for him either if her were a jerk.

When I read this by Bradley Cooper, I thought to myself that even if he were as good looking as Daniel, I could never like him. He says stupid stuff like what's at the end of this article. Gimme a break...aargh.. Daniel would never say that stuff. Think it - yes; say it - no.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dai ... y_id=64886
I don't think he meant it in a narcissitic way though. The way I read it was he was just proud that he finally got his body buff like he always wanted and that he achieved that because of his role in the movie. But I could be wrong :P
Oh, I totally agree with you. BC seems like a very likable guy. I just think it's more appealing if they don't talk about it. Daniel was so cute/sexy when Kimmel asked if he looked at himself in the mirror after working out for Bond and DC didn't answer; he just kind of laughed and smiled.
Just my opinion :lol:

User avatar
Mariah
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:52 pm
Location: US

Post by Mariah » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:39 am

sf2la wrote:
Mariah wrote:
sf2la wrote:Yes, so nice to hear. I wouldn't care for him either if her were a jerk.

When I read this by Bradley Cooper, I thought to myself that even if he were as good looking as Daniel, I could never like him. He says stupid stuff like what's at the end of this article. Gimme a break...aargh.. Daniel would never say that stuff. Think it - yes; say it - no.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dai ... y_id=64886
I don't think he meant it in a narcissitic way though. The way I read it was he was just proud that he finally got his body buff like he always wanted and that he achieved that because of his role in the movie. But I could be wrong :P
Oh, I totally agree with you. BC seems like a very likable guy. I just think it's more appealing if they don't talk about it. Daniel was so cute/sexy when Kimmel asked if he looked at himself in the mirror after working out for Bond and DC didn't answer; he just kind of laughed and smiled.
Just my opinion :lol:
Oh yeah, I can agree with that. I guess not every one can be a perfect and charming in interviews as our Daniel, eh? :P
Image
"I have no armour left. You've stripped it from me. Whatever is left of me - whatever is left of me - whatever I am - I'm yours."

User avatar
sf2la
Posts: 14520
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:15 pm
Location: CA

Post by sf2la » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:46 am

Mariah wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Mariah wrote:
sf2la wrote:Yes, so nice to hear. I wouldn't care for him either if her were a jerk.

When I read this by Bradley Cooper, I thought to myself that even if he were as good looking as Daniel, I could never like him. He says stupid stuff like what's at the end of this article. Gimme a break...aargh.. Daniel would never say that stuff. Think it - yes; say it - no.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dai ... y_id=64886
I don't think he meant it in a narcissitic way though. The way I read it was he was just proud that he finally got his body buff like he always wanted and that he achieved that because of his role in the movie. But I could be wrong :P
Oh, I totally agree with you. BC seems like a very likable guy. I just think it's more appealing if they don't talk about it. Daniel was so cute/sexy when Kimmel asked if he looked at himself in the mirror after working out for Bond and DC didn't answer; he just kind of laughed and smiled.
Just my opinion :lol:
Oh yeah, I can agree with that. I guess not every one can be a perfect and charming in interviews as our Daniel, eh? :P
:lol: 8) :lol: I can't think of another star who acts so shy about that kind of thing. Totally charming!

User avatar
Mariah
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:52 pm
Location: US

Post by Mariah » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:47 am

sf2la wrote:
Mariah wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Mariah wrote:
sf2la wrote:Yes, so nice to hear. I wouldn't care for him either if her were a jerk.

When I read this by Bradley Cooper, I thought to myself that even if he were as good looking as Daniel, I could never like him. He says stupid stuff like what's at the end of this article. Gimme a break...aargh.. Daniel would never say that stuff. Think it - yes; say it - no.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dai ... y_id=64886
I don't think he meant it in a narcissitic way though. The way I read it was he was just proud that he finally got his body buff like he always wanted and that he achieved that because of his role in the movie. But I could be wrong :P
Oh, I totally agree with you. BC seems like a very likable guy. I just think it's more appealing if they don't talk about it. Daniel was so cute/sexy when Kimmel asked if he looked at himself in the mirror after working out for Bond and DC didn't answer; he just kind of laughed and smiled.
Just my opinion :lol:
Oh yeah, I can agree with that. I guess not every one can be a perfect and charming in interviews as our Daniel, eh? :P
:lol: 8) :lol: I can't think of another star who acts so shy about that kind of thing. Totally charming!
If only there were a million of him to go around. He's got me setting my standards too high for other guys now hahaha.
Image
"I have no armour left. You've stripped it from me. Whatever is left of me - whatever is left of me - whatever I am - I'm yours."

User avatar
sf2la
Posts: 14520
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:15 pm
Location: CA

Post by sf2la » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:10 am

"If only there were a million of him to go around. He's got me setting my standards too high for other guys now hahaha."

I just did a cut and paste to save space...

OMG! It is so true. Seriously, it is a REAL problem. We laugh, but he makes the situation so B L E A K out there :( :roll: :wink:

User avatar
Cicero
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Copenhagen

Post by Cicero » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:27 am

Anglophile wrote:
Cicero wrote:Does anyone know when this movie will hit the cinemas?
This is the most recent statement I could find.
"expected to be in theatres early-mid 2011"
Sorry for getting back to you so late... I was hoping it would be in cinemas earlier. I guess I just have to be patient :wink:
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Image

Post Reply