Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I am disappointed by this news, albeit if true. They say the Lord giveth and he taketh away. Well, he giveth (with Bond 23) and then he taketh (with Dream House). :( I want to see ANY movie with Daniel in it. I don't care if it is classed as being "a mess". Messes can be cleared up and that's exactly what they should do. Actors as talented as Daniel should NOT have movies that go straight to dvd... it's beneath him in my view. Besides which, I have not seen a truly BAD Daniel film. I have seen films he stars in which have dodgy subject matter but the hammer never falls anywhere near him. 'Invasion' can be watched because of his performance. I know I am naturally totally biased but I really don't see how 'Dream House' can be that bad. I had a plan. A plan to see Dream House the day it opened. A plan to attend the premiere 'with bells on' such is my hunger to see Daniel on film and in the flesh again. They say "all good things come to those who wait". We have waited and waited for Daniel's return and I for one am running out of patience. Not Daniel's fault ever but I am truly GAGGING to see him again. I cannot stress this strongly enough. Please, Mr Sheridan, fix 'Dream House' and fix it soon!!!!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Maybe Daniel knows it turned out to be a bad film and no amount of reshooting will fix it, hence, his 'unwillingness' to try. He might just want this one swept under the rug :cry:
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

NextBondGirl wrote:I am disappointed by this news, albeit if true. They say the Lord giveth and he taketh away. Well, he giveth (with Bond 23) and then he taketh (with Dream House). :( I want to see ANY movie with Daniel in it. I don't care if it is classed as being "a mess". Messes can be cleared up and that's exactly what they should do. Actors as talented as Daniel should NOT have movies that go straight to dvd... it's beneath him in my view. Besides which, I have not seen a truly BAD Daniel film. I have seen films he stars in which have dodgy subject matter but the hammer never falls anywhere near him. 'Invasion' can be watched because of his performance. I know I am naturally totally biased but I really don't see how 'Dream House' can be that bad. I had a plan. A plan to see Dream House the day it opened. A plan to attend the premiere 'with bells on' such is my hunger to see Daniel on film and in the flesh again. They say "all good things come to those who wait". We have waited and waited for Daniel's return and I for one am running out of patience. Not Daniel's fault ever but I am truly GAGGING to see him again. I cannot stress this strongly enough. Please, Mr Sheridan, fix 'Dream House' and fix it soon!!!!
:stick_iagree:

I was so looking forward to this one. :cry:

ImageImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

JEC57 wrote:
NextBondGirl wrote: I have seen films he stars in which have dodgy subject matter but the hammer never falls anywhere near him.
:stick_iagree:

I was so looking forward to this one. :cry:

ImageImageImage
So true. Not many actors/actresses are in that club. There's no way his acting could have been weak. Another sign, I think, that he's not interested in fixing someone else's problem. Not with Tattoo and Bond in his future (oh yeah, C&A, too).
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The reviewer said, Rachel and Daniel were very good and made people care about their characters.

I think, he had agreed to the reshoots, because they had a fixed date for them. I don't believe, he will ever be unwilling to do his bits and beyond. My guess is, that the Tattoo schedule just couldn't provide the time anymore, once they went into closer plans and he HAD to give that priority. I am sure, he will be on hand for the fix once he is finished with that.

Personally, I would prefer to not see it one the big screen unless its fixed and at least half way decent. All else would only be negative for him.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

khenton

Post by khenton »

I dont think it will go straight to video. Not given that the brothers had good press and the cast of Dream House. But you never know. What if its a real sleeper and kinda good. I live in hope LOLK
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Speaking selfishly, I guess I'm kind of in favor of whatever will get us to see the movie faster. If it comes out in theaters in Feb, great. If they will wait a year to reshoot and then have to do all the post-production work, I'd rather get my hands on a DVD. I don't think Daniel's career will suffer for having chosen a lousy movie. Every actor is guilty of some of those. The two good Bond movies, Defiance, and his future roles will protect him, IMO.

Oh, and did I mention his looks? :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Dunda wrote:
Laredo wrote:Half the stuff Pierce and Liam do go direct to dvd .
and some of them hit the theaters and you just wish they never did :lol: :lol: :lol:

I watched Clash of the Titans and it was awful, couldn't be saved by the good actors :wink:
Clash was bad becaue it didn't give you anything you liked about the orignal in the remake though I think the owl will be in the sequl . It was all action and little story and I don't think the actors were that great either .
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Laredo wrote:
Dunda wrote:
Laredo wrote:Half the stuff Pierce and Liam do go direct to dvd .
and some of them hit the theaters and you just wish they never did :lol: :lol: :lol:

I watched Clash of the Titans and it was awful, couldn't be saved by the good actors :wink:
Clash was bad becaue it didn't give you anything you liked about the orignal in the remake though I think the owl will be in the sequl . It was all action and little story and I don't think the actors were that great either .
IMO Ralph Fiennes, Mads Mikkelsen and Liam Neeson are good actors and I wondered why they made this cheesy movie.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Oh man, this is sad news. :( I agree with GG though, I suppose if it needs fixing, he'll do his part as soon as he can. I hope they get it right in the end, I was really looking forward to the movie. :|
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Anglophile wrote:Oh man, this is sad news. :( I agree with GG though, I suppose if it needs fixing, he'll do his part as soon as he can. I hope they get it right in the end, I was really looking forward to the movie. :|
Me too. Image
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Tweet from Vancouver..

LIO1976: I just met Daniel Craig's stuntman! (007) garvin Cross looks just like the man, nice guy too.
about 2 hours ago via HootSuite · Reply · View Tweet

Garvin Cross is the stuntman used on Dream House. I'm wondering if he's going to be used for reshoots where possible.

DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Tweet from Vancouver..

LIO1976: I just met Daniel Craig's stuntman! (007) garvin Cross looks just like the man, nice guy too.
about 2 hours ago via HootSuite · Reply · View Tweet

Garvin Cross is the stuntman used on Dream House. I'm wondering if he's going to be used for reshoots where possible.

Wow....he does look like him!!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I agree. He's the person who looks most like Daniel that I've ever seen.
cheryl1700

vid on utube posted on 0ct 2010

Post by cheryl1700 »

Hi
just seen this on utube, hope i have posted it in the right thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6zrsGA27vQ

Its nearly 8 mins long, and DC appears about 0756 for a few seconds only but it news
cheryl