Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Cool, Tampa. I just ordered the blu-ray from Amazon, hoping that the 2nd disk is nothing but D&R going at it nekked-like :twisted: :lol: . I'll get it Thursday.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Oh blimey, it's out! :shock: How did I miss this! Thanks! PS. not available on Netflix till Feb 28 (my birthday)!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

bumblebee wrote:Oh blimey, it's out! :shock: How did I miss this! Thanks! PS. not available on Netflix till Feb 28 (my birthday)!
I don't know how I missed it either. I thought I had put it on my 'wish list' at Amazon and they would notify me :-k . Maybe that was C&A (I wonder if I'll ever watch that one...)
tampa

Post by tampa »

sf2la wrote:Cool, Tampa. I just ordered the blu-ray from Amazon, hoping that the 2nd disk is nothing but D&R going at it nekked-like :twisted: :lol: . I'll get it Thursday.
I just got the DVD version and just checked, and it has only 1 disk, so you guys that got the 2 disk version should have some nifty stuff on the 2nd disk, that the 1 disk version doesn't have.

Weird, but even with all the problems with this film I enjoyed watching DC in Dream House more than I did in C&A and even Dragon. I think it would have been a nice small hit if it hadn't gotten screwed up. There is a good film in there, that got messed up by the director and the studio. Funny though, with all the bad press and horrible reviews, this film stilled made more money than all of DC's indy projects, almost combined.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

tampa wrote:
sf2la wrote:Cool, Tampa. I just ordered the blu-ray from Amazon, hoping that the 2nd disk is nothing but D&R going at it nekked-like :twisted: :lol: . I'll get it Thursday.
I just got the DVD version and just checked, and it has only 1 disk, so you guys that got the 2 disk version should have some nifty stuff on the 2nd disk, that the 1 disk version doesn't have.

Weird, but even with all the problems with this film I enjoyed watching DC in Dream House more than I did in C&A and even Dragon. I think it would have been a nice small hit if it hadn't gotten screwed up. There is a good film in there, that got messed up by the director and the studio. Funny though, with all the bad press and horrible reviews, this film stilled made more money than all of DC's indy projects, almost combined.
It did?? :shock: Wow.
But just think how D&R totally lucked out not having to appear together at premieres! How would they have managed that one? They were able to slip under the radar. The 'screw up film god' was watching over them.
tampa

Post by tampa »

sf2la wrote:
tampa wrote:

It did?? :shock: Wow.
But just think how D&R totally lucked out not having to appear together at premieres! How would they have managed that one? They were able to slip under the radar. The 'screw up film god' was watching over them.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/cha ... lcraig.htm

Love the Box Office Mojo site. It has a ton of really interesting stats. This is DC's page. Scroll to the bottom where his world wide totals are for most of his films. Dream House made a little less than all of his indy stuff combined. Interesting what it could have done if it didn't have script problems and bad press and they had promoted it. There must have been a interesting script for DC and RW to sign up for it. I would love to know what the last third of the film was originally supposed to be like.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Layer Cake only made 9 Mill but was 1000 times a better movie with a budget (according to MV) as high as the catering budget on Spider Man :lol:

So comparing the BO without considering the budget make IMO no sense.
I've only seen it one time and without Daniel I would never watch it again.
No wonder Daniel dissociate from the movie.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I don't think the 2-disc Blu-ray contains anything worth owning over the standard DVD. It's nice to have the DVD too because my laptop won't read Blu-rays. I wonder if interviews are ones we've already seen. Too bad there aren't deleted scenes!!!!!!

Universal’s Blu-ray of Dream House comes with the film in widescreen (2.35:1) and in 5.1 DTS-HD master audio. The film was shot by Caleb Deschanel and looks great, much better than the standard horror pic. Also included is a DVD and digital copy. The film’s theatrical trailer is included (which is – strangely – a rarer supplement than you would expect) and four featurettes: “Burning Down the House” (4 min.) gets into the pyro effects in the movie, while “The Dream Cast” (6 min.) gets the cast in for EPK interviews. “Building the Dream House” (4 min.) goes into the production design, while “A Look Inside” (2 min.) plays like an interview laden trailer.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Too bad there are no deleted or extended scenes!
josie

Post by josie »

And when will we be able to expect in Germany. Not that he is not at all to buy in Germany.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

tampa wrote: Love the Box Office Mojo site. It has a ton of really interesting stats. This is DC's page. Scroll to the bottom where his world wide totals are for most of his films. Dream House made a little less than all of his indy stuff combined. Interesting what it could have done if it didn't have script problems and bad press and they had promoted it. There must have been a interesting script for DC and RW to sign up for it. I would love to know what the last third of the film was originally supposed to be like.

Also.....it is worth remembering that most of Daniel's Indy films were made years ago, some up to 15 years ago!

In order to get a true corrolation, one would need to (for example) adjust the takings of Love is the Devil made in 1997 to include 15 years-worth of inflation as well as the budget differential mentioned by Dunda.

I think his old Indy movies did very well considering their target audience, limited release venues, inflation and comparative budgets.

Compare that to the larger of budget of DH and it's world-wide release (....well seen in a lot more places than his Indy films), then those little gems did very well in comparison I think. :wink:
Dunda wrote:Layer Cake only made 9 Mill but was 1000 times a better movie with a budget (according to MV) as high as the catering budget on Spider Man :lol:

So comparing the BO without considering the budget make IMO no sense.
I've only seen it one time and without Daniel I would never watch it again.
No wonder Daniel dissociate from the movie.
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

You can say that again :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

caramel

Post by caramel »

Some Daniel's stuff from DH set on sale

His jeans
You are bidding on a pair of blue jeans worn by actor Daniel Craig in the movie Dream House. Jeans are "Dunhill London" brand and are a size 32L.
This item comes with a Certificate of Authenticity guaranteed for the life of the piece.
http://pieceofthepast.auctionserver.net ... /lot/1457/

Other stuff
http://pieceofthepast.auctionserver.net ... /lot/1444/
http://pieceofthepast.auctionserver.net ... /lot/1445/
http://pieceofthepast.auctionserver.net ... /lot/1446/
http://pieceofthepast.auctionserver.net ... /lot/1448/