Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Ephram playing a prostitute & Adam Lambert?
Later talk turns to his role in "Dream House" co-starring Daniel Craig, Naomi Watts and Rachel Weisz. Little is known about the murder mystery, and while Gregory didn't spill plot details, he did reveal what his character looks like in the film:

PW: You also have a role in "Dream House," who do you play?
Gregory: It's an incredible group of people to be thrown into the mix with. I play a guy named Artie, and in the film – which is built around this crime that takes place in a small town -- my character leads this group of young people who are obsessed with the crime. They worship the killer, kind of like Manson followers would. So when Daniel comes to town, I befriend him and give him lots of info about the crime. I’m a total punk rocker – I look like Adam Lambert in this thing.
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnoth ... 28333.html
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:Ephram playing a prostitute & Adam Lambert?
Later talk turns to his role in "Dream House" co-starring Daniel Craig, Naomi Watts and Rachel Weisz. Little is known about the murder mystery, and while Gregory didn't spill plot details, he did reveal what his character looks like in the film:

Gregory: It's an incredible group of people to be thrown into the mix with. I play a guy named Artie, and in the film – which is built around this crime that takes place in a small town -- my character leads this group of young people who are obsessed with the crime. They worship the killer, kind of like Manson followers would. So when Daniel comes to town, I befriend him and give him lots of info about the crime. I’m a total punk rocker – I look like Adam Lambert in this thing.
heere too
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/g ... t0Ukq2wWXK

PW: You also have a role in "Dream House" co-starring Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz and Naomi Watts. Who do you play?
Gregory: It’s an incredible group of people to be thrown into the mix with. I play a guy named Artie, and in the film – which is built around this crime that takes place in a small town -- my character leads this group of young people who are obsessed with the crime. They worship the killer, kind of like Manson followers would. So when Daniel comes to town, I befriend him and give him lots of info about the crime. I’m a total punk rocker – I look like Adam Lambert in this thing.

PW: Guy-liner?
Gregory: Oh yea, plus platform shoes, spiked collars and my hair is straight up two feet high. It’s pretty intense.

PW: And that's what you're wearing while sitting across from James Bond?
Gregory: [laughs] Basically, yea. He’s an awesome actor and a gracious person. It was a pleasure working with him.
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... um=twitter

TORONTO – Britain's Queen Elizabeth slapped on 3D goggles Monday as she toured the Pinewood Toronto Studios in Toronto.

The British monarch and the Duke of Edinburgh donned the bulky glasses for a live action 3D shoot using stereoscopic camera rigs, followed by a viewing of the scene in 3D.

The royal tour of the Screen Industries Research and Training Center at Pinewood Toronto Studios gave the Ontario government an opportunity to showcase local 3D expertise to the international media.

"It's a great honor to have Her Majesty the Queen on hand at Pinewood Toronto Studios, and to cement our relationship," Pinewood Shepperton CEO Ivan Dunleavy said as the royal couple popped by for a visit on the penultimate day of their Canadian tour.

Paul Bronfman, owner of the Comweb Group, a film equipment supplier, and chairman of Pinewood Toronto Studios, said the royal visit aimed to lift the Toronto studio's profile as it looks to land a big-budget, effects-heavy movie on its lot.

"When we have a hit, the floodgates will open," Bronfman predicted.

The Toronto studio has filled up with recent credits that include the ABC series "Happy Town," the Daniel Craig-starring feature "Dream House" and the comic book franchise picture "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World."

Dunleavy, fresh from a shareholder rebellion at Pinewood Shepperton's recent annual general meeting in London last week, urged patience for Pinewood Toronto Studios one year into its sales and marketing contract with the British studio giant.

"The owners and backers of this studio, and the city and provincial government officials, know this facility is built for the long term," he said.

Bronfman was an original investor in FilmPort and had a chance to back out of the loss-making Toronto studio before it was rebranded as Pinewood Toronto Studios.

"I made the right decision. I had a choice to get out. But Pinewood Shepperton has added a whole new element to the facility," he explained.

Canadian director David Cronenberg has pledged to make a movie on Pinewood Toronto Studios' signature 46,000 "mega-studio" soundstage, and local movie producer Don Carmody ("Chicago") is also considering a major shoot on the lot.

Bronfman recalled it took four years during the early 1980s for one of his earlier studio ventures, the North Shore Studios complex in Vancouver, to land a little sci-fi TV series, "The X-Files."

That TV series became a popular hit show and guaranteed the future success of the North Shore Studios business.

Bronfman also credits the Ontario government for last year introducing a 25% all-spend film tax credit for foreign producers to get the province competitive with rival locales like Louisiana and New Mexico.

The Queen and Prince Philip earlier in the day toured the Research in Motion headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, where the Blackberry is made

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_and ... 516814.stm

video not work for me
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.youtube.com/user/Marco007Mar ... XoT1fCLtwM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF-IP2RwDFQ

Video of Dream House filming, i think you can hear Daniel's voice?
ImageImage
bubita

Post by bubita »

I don´t think it´s him, good find anyway.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dream House -- New release Date: February 18th, 2011
The project, picked up as a spec by David Loucka, follows a family that relocates into what appears to be the ideal residence in small town Connecticut. However, the husband (Daniel Craig) and wife (Naomi Watts) are disturbed to discover that their beautiful new home was the site of another family's slaughter, believed to be at the hands of the husband, who survived.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/38857/ ... ream-house
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Dream House -- New release Date: February 18th, 2011
The project, picked up as a spec by David Loucka, follows a family that relocates into what appears to be the ideal residence in small town Connecticut. However, the husband (Daniel Craig) and wife (Naomi Watts) are disturbed to discover that their beautiful new home was the site of another family's slaughter, believed to be at the hands of the husband, who survived.

I think, this makes it an earlier release then planned. Fine with me... :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:Dream House -- New release Date: February 18th, 2011

I think, this makes it an earlier release then planned. Fine with me... :D
And me..the earlier the better! :D
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I've just been browsing the message board regarding Dream House on IMDB. One of the posters claims to have seen a rough cut of a screening put on for the bosses at Morgan Creek Productions. Obviously, who knows whether or noy this person is genuine.
Here's what he/she has to say about it in response to a post re. Rachel weisz.

I saw a very rough cut of the film (Special effects were not put in, some sound effects were not there for certain scenes.) in a private test screening for their brass at Morgan Creek productions. Not in the screening that was supposedly held on Thursday.

(Can you tell me -without spoilers, please- how is Rachel Weisz's role?)

Very good, she makes her role believable, which is a good thing because she does ground the picture and makes the audience care. She and Daniel Craig make a great screen couple and both play off each other well.

(How long is her screentime, approximately?)

She's in a good amount of the film, i saw an unedited version of the film, so things can change in the amount of screen time anyone gets. but i will tell you that i would have liked more of Rachel than Naomi Watts, who in my opinion, did not do very good job and phoned in her performance.

(Is she lead or supporting?)

Co lead, more supporting because Daniel Craig is in most of the film.

(Is her performance good?)

As i said before, yes its very good. Much better than some of the other performances in the film. Both Craig and Weisz are better actors than this movie deserves.

(Does she appear more or less than Naomi Watts?)

I think they both have the same amount of screen time but i think they need to cut a lot of Naomi's character from the film because the character feels more like a supporting role beefed up to cater to a star and second, her character gives away the twist of the climax because she's in the movie a lot. Plus Naomi is just playing a variation of her role from the movie "The Ring". Its a lop sided performance from her and it feels phoned in.

(About the film in general: is it good? entertaining? how long is it?)

Honestly, its decent but that's it. That's mainly because both Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz manage to make you care about their characters scary dilema. Outside of that, the movie is predictable thanks in part of Naomi Watts's character, who is in it too much and gives away the ending. There are way too many characters that are unnecessary to the plot ( The weird groupies are a waste) and some of the performance are not very good ( As i said before, Naomi phones in hers.) The movie is give and take from the cut i saw, two hours.

Naomi Watts does OK but its not a very good performance ( She basically phones it in) and she for one does not come across as genuine or as strong as Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz do with their performances. Her character is given way too much screen time, which in turns gives away the twist at the end. If they decide to make changes, cut Naomi's screen time in half and cut out most of the unnecessary characters from the film, which drag this film down as well

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Good idea to search for this. We almost forgot about this movie :D

Sounds genuine in one way but then again...:roll: Can't or don't want to believe, they have written the script so sloppily, that they allow a character to give away the ending too early or at least, I hope they haven't. Its the sort of movie, that is out there in a dozen and that's why I believe, they must have felt to have the chance to make it different. Giving away the plot twists too early sounds overly stupid - so I have hope, it won't turn out like this.
But IF going by this, it sounds, like its extra good, that he has C&A and Tattoo out, too. If its nothing but decend, it won't put any jewels in his crown.

But here is an earlier post, that suggests, that the group of youngsters might indeed be essential for the film - so this review MIGHT be nothing but one persons opinion based on whatever....
Ephram playing a prostitute & Adam Lambert?

So who knows, it might turn out to be surprisingly good in the end....and him being in it most of the time surely sounds good :D

Here are some more statements about it from before screening
Nope...It may sound similar to Amityville, but it's a far more complex story. I read the screenplay, but I'm not giving away spoilers...

It's a remake of a UK-made 70's short movie, also called Dream House.
For those of you old enough to remember, cinemas up until the 80's used to screen double bills. If the main feature was too long, they'd play a short movie as the B feature.
Dream House was one of these B movies and without giving the plot away, it was excellent and really scary (I was in my teens when I saw it though!)

I just saw it...it's not like Amityville at all.

About Elias Koteas role
It is small but very important.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Only time will tell. With all the special FX and sound fx added along with eerie music and good editing, hopefully it will turn out better than just OK.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Only time will tell. With all the special FX and sound fx added along with eerie music and good editing, hopefully it will turn out better than just OK.
Right - and that's what these screenings are for - to afterwards fix, what is possible - to add to the quality,

The script must have been special to get interest from people like Sheridan, DC, Weisz and Naomi and whenever I read about the script during filming or now on imbd, it always sounded excellent...:D

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

It sounds to me like the person writing that has a bit of gripe against Naomi Watts.

Years ago Daniel might have settled for "so-so" in order to pay the rent, but now he has choices. I think he'll only do a film if he really believes it has worth.

This is one we have to trust him on I think, just as much as we had to when C&A was first announced.
khenton

Post by khenton »

What fun!! A little teaser, some times little movies are little gems. Let's hope so. K
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From our homepage

Universal's "Dream House" is under going renovations, 2 weeks of reshoots back in Toronto are planned to begin on September 27th.

Oh my - how will that fit into that tied schedule? But then, with Lisbeth being the main character, they can shoot around Daniel for a bit.

Reshoot rings a bad smelling bell thinking of Invasion- hope here it works for the better of the film. Wrong - Invasion was added shoots not reshoots. So it seems, they are not happy with some of the scenes and want to better them, which is fine with me - good they put an effort into making it a good film.

OMG :shock: just thinking about that now - we have another wig coming. Same situation with long hair - short hair.