Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

khenton

Post by khenton »

Unless the costume was labeled which costume houses do. I found a tag in one once with Costume No, Show, and actor. It was Daniel day Lewis' frock coat from the Bounty. There is no real way to know. It could even be one of several and not the "hero" the one he wore the most. Pig in a poke unless you can examine it. :wink: k
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

khenton wrote:Unless the costume was labeled which costume houses do. I found a tag in one once with Costume No, Show, and actor. It was Daniel day Lewis' frock coat from the Bounty. There is no real way to know. It could even be one of several and not the "hero" the one he wore the most. Pig in a poke unless you can examine it. :wink: k
So glad we have you to explain these things. Thanks
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Yeah, thanks! It could be a good Xmas gift for a guy who likes DC or a woman who wants to imagine her bf or husband is DC at times. :twisted:
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

This movie is out in the UK in less than 2 weeks time but I have seen NO reviews or press advertising for it whatsover. The Odeon Cinema mag has a piece on GWDT but not this. I am beginning to wonder if it will get a limited release ie, cinemas in major cities only like London ... I may have no choice but to wait for the dvd.... :?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

NextBondGirl wrote:This movie is out in the UK in less than 2 weeks time but I have seen NO reviews or press advertising for it whatsover. The Odeon Cinema mag has a piece on GWDT but not this. I am beginning to wonder if it will get a limited release ie, cinemas in major cities only like London ... I may have no choice but to wait for the dvd.... :?
I know that it has been seen by some critics here in the UK and that there
was an embargo on it. It's not being reviewed this week on Film 2011.
Hopefully we will hear something soon. :wink:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
NextBondGirl wrote:This movie is out in the UK in less than 2 weeks time but I have seen NO reviews or press advertising for it whatsover. The Odeon Cinema mag has a piece on GWDT but not this. I am beginning to wonder if it will get a limited release ie, cinemas in major cities only like London ... I may have no choice but to wait for the dvd.... :?
Why an embargo, I wonder? I suppose it makes sense that it would be shown only in the big cities given it's B.O. performance. Bummer though. It is a true DC indie-type film. No action, no special effects, all acting. Regardless, thank goodness we have DVDs. Everyone will get to see it who wants to, and this is a movie that one really MUST see more than once to 'get it' and just to see DC.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

sf2la wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
Why an embargo, I wonder? I suppose it makes sense that it would be shown only in the big cities given it's B.O. performance. Bummer though. It is a true DC indie-type film. No action, no special effects, all acting. Regardless, thank goodness we have DVDs. Everyone will get to see it who wants to, and this is a movie that one really MUST see more than once to 'get it' and just to see DC.
A lot of Movies have an embargo. It means that the reviewers can't release their critique of a film until a certain date. :wink:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote: I know that it has been seen by some critics here in the UK and that there
A lot of Movies have an embargo. It means that the reviewers can't release their critique of a film until a certain date. :wink:
Oh, an embargo for a review, not the film. Got it! DH is one of my very fave DC movies.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

sf2la wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
sf2la wrote: Why an embargo, I wonder? I suppose it makes sense that it would be shown only in the big cities given it's B.O. performance. Bummer though. It is a true DC indie-type film. No action, no special effects, all acting. Regardless, thank goodness we have DVDs. Everyone will get to see it who wants to, and this is a movie that one really MUST see more than once to 'get it' and just to see DC.
Oh, an embargo for a review, not the film. Got it! DH is one of my very fave DC movies.
It may be the case that we won't get much info on it until just before its release here, I'm afraid. :D
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote: A lot of Movies have an embargo. It means that the reviewers can't release their critique of a film until a certain date. :wink:
It may be the case that we won't get much info on it until just before its release here, I'm afraid. :D
Whatever you do, just plan on making a day at the cinema. If you are able to in the UK, just sit through a few back-to-back screenings. You'll need to. :wink:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

2011 film “Dream House” starring Daniel Craig on Blu-ray in January 2012
http://www.highdefdiscnews.com/?p=70854
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Sylvia's girl wrote:2011 film “Dream House” starring Daniel Craig on Blu-ray in January 2012
http://www.highdefdiscnews.com/?p=70854
Oh that's not long! Haven't seen it yet! Thanks SG!
khenton

Post by khenton »

Deffo blue ray in my future. :wink: k
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

HOW SWEET IS THAT?????

I can't remember ever being so excited for a DVD release as this one :lol: .
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

sf2la wrote:HOW SWEET IS THAT?????

I can't remember ever being so excited for a DVD release as this one :lol: .
OMG, me too, can't wait.