Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

calypso wrote:He's back!!!!!!!!!
jrkm_pop: Daniel Craig arrived back in Toronto tonight on a Porter flight after spending Easter weekend in NYC. Image
about 1 hour ago from web

this is porter is very posh airline :shock:
https://www.flyporter.com/fly2/PorterEx ... ture=en-CA
Nice catch Cal!! Very interesting.

.....damn sure there will be no paps in those departure/arrival lounges!!

I think this is how he manages to slip in and out of places, much as the very rich who like to remain private do it. They use the expensive private lounges and entrances well away from the media circus.

Certainly in the UK, anyone famous spotted coming through the London airports either does not care about being seen or wants to be seen. People like Posh and Katie who make such a show looking harrassed and tired of press intrusion actually court it by not using the facilities properly.
togal

Post by togal »

Porter airlines is the perfect airline for Daniel because it's the only commercial airline that flies out of Toronto Island aiport in downtown Toronto. Not only is it a smaller and more low key place, it's cheap!! You need to take a ferry to get there.

I hope Daniel enjoyed his weekend in NYC. Anyone know when filming of Dream House ends?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

togal wrote:Porter airlines is the perfect airline for Daniel because it's the only commercial airline that flies out of Toronto Island aiport in downtown Toronto. Not only is it a smaller and more low key place, it's cheap!! You need to take a ferry to get there.

I hope Daniel enjoyed his weekend in NYC. Anyone know when filming of Dream House ends?
The timeline said 8 or 9 April, but again, if his party was half way thru, they have some time left..
Last edited by Germangirl on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

togal

Post by togal »

Since Daniel & Sats would have had to take the ferry this weekend to get back to the mainland from the Island airport, I wonder if they got caught in this crazy crowd. Apparently the police were called to control the nastiness. :shock: he should have pulled some "Bond" moves. :lol:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/transpo ... land-ferry
bubita

Post by bubita »

I actually can imagine that :shock:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

So DH is actually still in full swing

Weisz is still in Toronto filming Jim Sheridan's thriller Dream House with Daniel Craig and Naomi Watts. Interestingly, she was spotted at a Yoga studio around the corner from me earlier in the week. As you may recall, I had an opportunity to visit the set of Dream House recently and it is said that they still have at least another month to go before filming reaches completion.
http://mrwillw.blogspot.com/
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

agrippina

Post by agrippina »

I think I have read quite a few times that it takes about 3 months to make an average movie? They started with DH towards the end of January, so the end of 3 months is ca. end of April. They did the outdoors stuff first, I guess, to exploit winter in Canada (which was not very successful :lol:) and now might be doing all the interior scenes at the studio?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

agrippina wrote:I think I have read quite a few times that it takes about 3 months to make an average movie? They started with DH towards the end of January, so the end of 3 months is ca. end of April. They did the outdoors stuff first, I guess, to exploit winter in Canada (which was not very successful :lol:) and now might be doing all the interior scenes at the studio?
Yes, then maybe they reported the timeline wrong, because they said something of it ending 8/9 April. Agree, they most likely are shooting in Pinewood now.

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I kept wondering where Pinewood was coming from but they have studios in Sheperton Toronto .
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sarah Gadon talks a little bit about working with Daniel and Jim sheridan in dream House.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/art ... le1543900/

.ABC’s new mystery thriller Happy Town, debuting on Canada’s A channel next Wednesday, is advertised as anything but cheery. And it’s precisely the perversity and the multitude of twists in the eight-part series that delights Toronto actor and dancer Sarah Gadon, who landed a leading role after sending an audition tape down to Los Angeles.

“I’m naturally drawn to characters who are complicated and difficult to figure out,” says the 23-year-old film student at the University of Toronto, who plays Georgia, a young woman with a dark past and dreary future.

Though never short of work – she’s had guest appearances in Canadian dramas such as The Border, Being Erica and Murdoch Mysteries – Happy Town marks the first time Gadon has landed a regular part in a series. And the former student at the National Ballet School just boosted her career another notch when acclaimed director Jim Sheridan (My Left Foot) picked her to appear in his next film Dream House, a psychological thriller starring Daniel Craig, Naomi Watts and Rachel Weisz shooting in Toronto.

Gadon said she goes to the film set every day pinching herself. And she loves the fact she’s once again playing a dark, ballsy chick – this time one who gets to mess with the man who plays 007.

How did you get involved in Happy Town?

It was a year and a half ago, and my casting director in Toronto had me send a tape to L.A. So off it went into the great abyss – where you just sit back and hope someone actually watches it. A few weeks later, I got the call that I was getting an audition. So I went online, paid $20 for the script, and immersed myself in the entire concept of the character. Thankfully, it worked.

Can you tell us a little bit about the show?

There is only so much I can say since they are keeping a lot of the plot under wraps. But basically I play this small-town girl from the wrong side of the tracks, dealing with this crummy hand she’s been dealt. Her dad is a struggling drug addict, and she has no mother or siblings. She babysits for the Conroy family and they become her surrogate family in a way. The show is interesting to me because every character is struggling on some level, and they are not what they seem. I’m always drawn to shows that have more than one storyline. And I love this show because of the elements of mystery, intrigue and surprise.

You co-starred in Canadian Reginald Harkema’s Leslie, My Name is Evil, which debuted at the last Toronto International Film Festival. Did you hesitate to sign up for an incendiary film that focuses on the murder trial of Charles Manson and his followers?

I play a character based on [former Manson family member] Linda Kasabian. Sure, it’s a heavy topic, but Reg’s film is also a comedy, albeit uncomfortable at times. As a filmmaker, Reg is so down to earth, open and passionate. I had to do the film. He puts no pressure on his actors. And I view working in independent films as a great prepping ground for the frenzied pace you have to get used to in series TV.

What is it like working with a director of Sheridan’s stature as well as the dreamy James Bond star?

Well, I play a gothic punk kid who, quite simply, is not nice – not a good kid at all. And I hang around Daniel’s house, causing him nothing but trouble. Daniel is obviously an accomplished talent and he’s exceedingly generous to work with. Working with Jim Sheridan is an amazing process. He has a very specific process that he puts actors through. Jim is not at all married to the text – he likes to improvise and he encourages his actors to do so. He pushes you as an actor to get to a place that’s very honest. And it has nothing to do with words, but rather how it’s going to make you feel in that scene. He really breaks you down in a scene, and he does it to everyone, even Daniel Craig.

What are your plans after Dream House wraps the end of this month?

I’m a part-time student and a full-time actress. And I love the fact that I can do both. We’ve been shooting Dream House while I’ve been writing my school exams, so it’s been a little exhausting. But my parents have always stressed a balance between acting and school. So, for now, that balance is what I’m aiming for.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote: she’s once again playing a dark, ballsy chick – this time one who gets to mess with the man who plays 007.
Great find - so its confirmed, we have at least one love scene. Seems his character does mess around with young girls :mrgreen:

She sure did a lot for someone so young
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0300589/

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote: Great find - so its confirmed, we have at least one love scene. Seems his character does mess around with young girls :mrgreen:
:-k where did you get that idea from??

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
Germangirl wrote: Great find - so its confirmed, we have at least one love scene. Seems his character does mess around with young girls :mrgreen:
:-k where did you get that idea from??
Maybe I got it wrong, when reading she got to mess with 007. Wishfulk thinking probably - :oops: They meant another messing with a person - not mess around. Too bad... :lol:

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

hmmm wishfull thinking? :twisted:

Well I don't like it when he goes that young :twisted: :twisted:

Rachel or Naomi are a way better fit.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com