DC twitter

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

The more I think about it, the more I think the pics in the gym and the restaurant really crossed a line. I have only ever been in close proximity to "celebrities" a couple of times, and I couldn't have dreamed of approaching them as they were enjoying leisure time with loved ones.
To take a photo of his back at the gym is a real invasion of privacy. And yes, we all like to look at these glimpses of him off guard, but that doesn't make it right. He is a human being first and a celebrity second. It's easy to say if he doesn't like it he should quit, but why should he stop doing a job he clearly excels at and enjoys because of other people's crass bad manners?
Sorry in advance to those who disagree but it's been bugging me all day. I'll climb down off my soap box now, shall I? :oops:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Hi HLAJ! I absolutely agree with you. I cannot imagine approaching a celebrity - period - unless they are there to be approached like at a premiere. However, actors know that fame brings attention like that - always has and always will. Don't go into that business and hope for success if you can't deal with public attention. It's a nice theory, but it's really not realistic to think that a movie star, especially a handsone and sexy James Bond, will be left alone in public settings. He knew his life would change.
chippi

Post by chippi »

sf2la wrote:Hi HLAJ! I absolutely agree with you. I cannot imagine approaching a celebrity - period - unless they are there to be approached like at a premiere. However, actors know that fame brings attention like that - always has and always will. Don't go into that business and hope for success if you can't deal with public attention. It's a nice theory, but it's really not realistic to think that a movie star, especially a handsone and sexy James Bond, will be left alone in public settings. He knew his life would change.
Agree. I can't see myself ever approaching...unless it was someone like Robert Downey, Jr who seems to thrive on the attention. We don't see too many of these "personal" candid pictures, so I have to assume that he's not being hounded too much. If someone tries to take a picture of him in the gym shower - that's too far. In a restroom - too far. In a doctor office waiting room - too far. And in those cases, I would expect that the good people of the forum and the admins would shun posting such a picture out of respect. There is certainly a line that exists, but outside of that, in public, I think celebrities have to expect to be photographed and "inconvenienced". It's kind of the price of fame. The minute people DON'T do this, you probably don't have a career because no one is interested. It's a double edged sword, but I think it comes with the territory. You don't become and actor, and certainly not a movie actor, without submitting to that level of public interest an scrutiny. Just my two cents. No offense intended.
Hi. I'm C, and I'm a Craigaholic.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Thanks for posting that HLAJ. In my previous post I was trying to be diplomatic and downplay my vexation at what the pics represent but I absolutely agree with you. I have highlighted the word 'represent' because I do not want dear SG to think that we don't appreciate having new pics of Daniel to see - we absolutely do. No doubt, fame is a tricky business. No wonder Daniel guards his privacy like a lion.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I'm right on with Chippi - shower, restroom, doctor's visits, in our homes - places where we ALL expect and deserve privacy. When we step out into public, our photo can be taken by anyone. I surreptitiously took a pic of a handsome man at a Starbucks with my camera phone a few weeks ago. Just because. Did I do something horrible? Heck, the pic of DC in the gym is flattering. He wasn't photographed in a compromising position. I think he has to expect this stuff in today's digital age. Does he like it? No, but it is the price of fame.

I would never, ever approach a celebrity because I have too much pride. I would find it demeaning. They get enough attention for just acting. They don't cure cancer and they aren't heroes.
Last edited by sf2la on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Chippi, I agree with what you said.

Looks like they had a peaceful enough night as we didn't get any other reports of him being hounded and no other pic has surfaced either.

I think there is a fine line that cannot be crossed no matter what when it comes to their privacy and hopefully he will never be photographed in a compromising position. Like he mentioned in an interview high profile celebrities have to be doubly careful with how they behave in public and he is aware of the pitfalls.

IMO these two pics were fine. I have to say that I would never have the guts to approach him personally to get an autograph. I don't value them for one plus I wouldn't want him to deny me one and break my heart. So that's a no go.
But in a public , seemingly harmless enough environment like this or the street would I try to sneak a pic? I would :oops: while hoping he doesn't catch me in the act and give me a bitchface.
Last edited by caramel on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

caramel wrote:.
But in a public , seemingly harmless enough environment like this or the street would I try to sneak a pic? I would :oops: while hoping he doesn't catch me in the act and give me a bitchface.
LOL! I'd do the same and fear that he saw me, too.
chippi

Post by chippi »

sf2la wrote:
caramel wrote:.
LOL! I'd do the same and fear that he saw me, too.
Me too, I think. Only if he didn't see me. :oops:
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

If you have to sneak a picture surely deep down you know it’s wrong, and is in some ways worse than if he was approached because at least he’d have been given the choice to say yeah or nay.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Honeyjes, I love your avatar!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

It's not that it's wrong. It's more that it's embarrassing. I can tell you that if I had my phone with me on a flight and had an opportunity to take his pic without him knowing, I'd do it. Would I post it on twitter? No. Never. But I'd share it with friends on here.

Do I speed and know it's wrong? Yes. Would I steal something from a store? Never. We all make choices, and I think this one is pretty insignificant.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I agree with HLAJ but also with what else was said. We try our best to keep the fine line like not allowing Henry on here, because he dislike that more then having his pic taken. If we consider, that he is going around each and every day in public, pics like this are very rare and he is not bothered too muc. Like he says - people in NY have better things to do.
As for the restaurant - he even gave a autograph.

Personally I would never post pics, where is is looking bad for some reason, because what would be the good of it.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:It sure looks like him. Don't know when it was taken.

SarahCatherineBarlow ‏@Scbarlow
Happy Birthday Daniel Craig would love to see out outside of the gym so future dinner date? 🙋💏👯❤💍 #best007ever 🔫 pic.twitter.com/sWcgDMkDbC

I'd love to see the front view!!! :twisted:
He sure wears a lot of clothes working out. He must like the sweat. Geez, long sleeves and heavy pants. I'd suggest he work out only in gym shorts.
chippi

Post by chippi »

sf2la wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:It sure looks like him. Don't know when it was taken.

SarahCatherineBarlow ‏@Scbarlow
Happy Birthday Daniel Craig would love to see out outside of the gym so future dinner date? 🙋💏👯❤💍 #best007ever 🔫 pic.twitter.com/sWcgDMkDbC

I'd love to see the front view!!! :twisted:
He sure wears a lot of clothes working out. He must like the sweat. Geez, long sleeves and heavy pants. I'd suggest he work out only in gym shorts.

Or...nothing! LOL. :twisted: :drool: :drool:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

No kidding! At least just a t-shirt. There was that photo of him in the tan/skin-colored gym t-shirt, but that was in the summer. I can't get it out of my mind why he wore long sleeves and long pants during the Skyfall fitness test. Who does that? Were they trying to hide his buffed body? I mean, it's one thing to want to sweat during your own workout, but if you are trying to pass a fitness test, wouldn't you take every advantage, like trying to stay as cool as possible? :dunno: