Empire Magazine - December 2009

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

calypso

Empire Magazine - December 2009

Post by calypso »

i steal :twisted:

http://www.empireonline.com/magazine/
go to bottom magazine on link and flick pages to see bond page.

James Bond
Inside the issue: How Daniel Craig marked the arrival of a new kind of 007 - by Damon Wise
1. Icons of the Decade
The Noughties are nearly over, and it's nearly time to start slouching and playing loud music as we enter the Tens and Teens. So we have assembled your Icons of the Decade, the people that defined the last ten years for you as voted for by you. Each one shines on our spiffy new cover, but inside we bring you exclusive interviews, on-set reports and analysis of the stand-out characters of the decade.

(wolverine on one of covers also)
ImageImage
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

This is wonderful that he's featured as an icon of the decade. And what blew me was that I didn't even consider these coming months as the end of a decade. I remember Dec 31 1999 with so much promise - the new millennium...and then the terrible things that unfolded very quickly after that.

Great find Cal. He should be proud.
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

bumblebee wrote:This is wonderful that he's featured as an icon of the decade. And what blew me was that I didn't even consider these coming months as the end of a decade. I remember Dec 31 1999 with so much promise - the new millennium...and then the terrible things that unfolded very quickly after that.

Eeek, BB - I hadn't really thought about the end of the first decade of the 21st century looming so close - scary :shock:
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

bumblebee wrote:This is wonderful that he's featured as an icon of the decade. And what blew me was that I didn't even consider these coming months as the end of a decade. I remember Dec 31 1999 with so much promise - the new millennium...and then the terrible things that unfolded very quickly after that.

Great find Cal. He should be proud.
The Millennium! OMG! I have been thinking about 2000 lately. I recently been to the Millennium Dome and it brought tears to my eyes as it's changed so much, and I want it be the same when it first opened back in 2000. Can't believe the first decade of the 21st Century is nearly over. I admit that 2000 is my favourite year ever! I can't believe it has been 10 years. I will be sad when 2010 comes around.... sighs.

BB - how true about the terrible things that happened afterwards... 9/11, recession, MJ's death, some terrorism happening like in Mumbai and other countries.

I will miss the Noughties....

SDF xx
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Very good. It's fantasic Daniel is one of the covers.
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Thank you so muc, Cal. It's a gorgeous cover :twisted:.
Vesper Lynd 007

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

WONDERFUL READ! Thanks V! To think for a minute he struggled with the possibility of the public thinking he was "fucking ugly"!
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

thanks V, great story, pics, and article. Thank you
Vesper Lynd 007

You're welcome Bee and tboss :wink:. It's a pleasure :D.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

V, Daniel and Vesper in the water is such a beautiful picture, the quality is so perfect. It feels like you can touch your screen and feel the water.
God I love that pciture of them.
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Thanks a lot,V and Cal!Great cover,read and pics! :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:WONDERFUL READ! Thanks V! To think for a minute he struggled with the possibility of the public thinking he was "fucking ugly"!
Well - the hate sides were all about that and one quote I read, might have been "almost" true ,,It was cruel enough to damage the healthiest ego"
It was the ultimate test for him, whether or not he would bend and get caught in the public opinion. We know the result and he lives that "I don´t f***ing care" to the peak IMO.
He wasn´t ready to play the game the article states - he still isn´t and that might serve him well in the long term, even if it means not smiling on photos and being branded as moody and difficult.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Fri May 06, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vesper Lynd 007

Daniel_Craig wrote:Thanks for the scans, Vesper :D ;)
You're welcome, D_C :D :wink:.