Hope for Haiti Telethon

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Another one: (I was right about Jen! :P)
StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:
StarryDannyFan wrote:Wow, when was it shown in UK? I didn't know it was on at all!!! Daniel looks great, he looks different. I wish talk with him on the phone but it's too late now I think.

SDF xx
It was last night about 1am :wink:.
I found that out earlier! Thanks V, it's too late to watch it!

SDF xx
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:The ring is probably just for fun :D :wink:.
well I think he's a grown up man and not a teenager who wears a wedding band for fun. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Fri May 06, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I wasn't watching MTV so I missed all this . I guess t he other feeds on other staions showed the guys on the phone less and mostly the front ones .

Love the hair .

No one saw the ring when getting autograghs for play ?
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Laredo wrote:No one saw the ring when getting autograghs for play ?
he didn't wear the ring back then! :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Thats what I'm saying , why now ?
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I think he kept it off during the play simple because the character didn't require it, and the spotlight was squarely on him camera wise too. So maybe he just didn't feel the time was right. Sats has been wearing two rings since early Summer last year.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:I think he kept it off during the play simple because the character didn't require it, and the spotlight was squarely on him camera wise too. So maybe he just didn't feel the time was right. Sats has been wearing two rings since early Summer last year.
It makes sense to not have it for ASR - those news and speculations would have overshadowed the play. Why not since summer? I don´t know, just glad its in the open now. In his own good time, as with everything he does. :wink:

BTW - coming home and watching the rest of the show and saw Jennifer Aniston and next to her ... Jack Nickolson :evil: :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
bumblebee wrote:I think he kept it off during the play simple because the character didn't require it, and the spotlight was squarely on him camera wise too. So maybe he just didn't feel the time was right. Sats has been wearing two rings since early Summer last year.
It makes sense to not have it for ASR - those news and speculations would have overshadowed the play. Why not since summer? I don´t know, just glad its in the open now. In his own good time, as with everything he does. :wink:

BTW - coming home and watching the rest of the show and saw Jennifer Aniston and next to her ... Jack Nickolson :evil: :lol:
''

We caught a glimpse of two rings when she was out and about with his assistant in London - without DC. Forget where the pics are, she wore all black and carried her blackberry.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Maybe he has to wear it when he is sitting next to hot girls lol ...
Linda

Post by Linda »

Thanks for all who posted these great pictures of Daniel. He looks wonderful, happy, tanned and rested. And good for him for helping with this worthwhile cause. As far as the "ring" goes, I am interested in hearing what he has to say about that. Someone will ask one of these days.
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Yes, some one will ask and DC will ignore or deflect. I would be shocked to here him answer directly.

I love your comment Laredo. I can see Sats saying "put your ring on tonight Danny! Jen will be sitting next to you. And we know how she feels about you. Just flash the ring whenever she gets too close. And remember 1 kiss only"
ROFLMAO
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

24th January 2010
By Scott Hesketh and Mike Parker
SHOWBIZ megastars are on course to reach the billion- dollar target for quake-hit Haiti after an amazing fund-raising telethon.

George Clooney and Leonardo DiCaprio pledged a titanic $1million each for relief aid during the live Hope For Haiti Now global extravaganza.

Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Sandra Bullock promised to equal the sum. Then supermodel Gisele Bundchen blew them out the water with a $1.5million donation.

And some of pop’s biggest names – including Beyoncé, Madonna, Rihanna, Bono, Jay-Z and Stevie Wonder gave showstopping performances from studios in New York, London and LA.

James Bond star Daniel Craig, Borat actor Sacha Baron Cohen and comic Russell Brand – with fiancée Katy Perry – also appeared.
Humbled host Clooney, 48, told the world: “What we can do first and foremost is raise money – period.”

The Live Aid-style show, aired in 640million homes worldwide, saw 120 celebrity phone operators take calls from the generous public.

A mind-blowing $355million was raised in the US alone last night.

An MTV spokesman, which staged the telly phone-in aired in 108 countries, said: “We haven’t got a figure for the world yet but everyone here is talking about hitting that billion. The response has been overwhelming.”

In London, R&B icons Jay-Z and Rihanna joined U2’s Bono and The Edge to bring a celeb-filled audience to tears with their touching tribute track Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour). Jay-Z’s wife Beyoncé sang Halo with Chris Martin on the piano and the Coldplay frontman chimed in with A Message live from London’s Hospital Club.

He said: “When something that terrible and tragic happens, you have to play to your strengths to do anything you can to help.

“We are useless on the ground, as it were. So the best thing we can do is what we do.”

Bruce Springsteen, Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake and country star Taylor Swift also performed live in the US.
Phone operators in America included movie stars Tom Hanks, Jack Nicholson and Robin Williams.

Screen legend Mel Gibson called the event “one of the most moving experiences of my life”.
The star-studded telethon ended on a high note with a buoyant call for his home country’s revival by Haitian hip-hop hero Wyclef Jean.

After belting out a moving cover of Rivers Of Babylon, he said: “Enough of this moping, man.

“Let’s rebuild Haiti. Let’s show ’em how we do it where we come from!”
Tear-jerking songs penned for the Haitians are expected to raise hundreds of thousands for the relief effort.
Celebrity track Stranded hits shelves next week, joining Simon Cowell’s cover version of REM’s Everybody Hurts, featuring Leona Lewis, Cheryl Cole, JLS, Beyoncé and Miley Cyrus.

High street giants including HMV are ready to plough any profits made from record sales back into the quake fund.

Britney Spears has also pledged to come to the aid of the tragic quake victims – but had to go to court to do it.

The star had to ask for a Los Angeles court commissioner’s permission before she was allowed to donate a dress to be auctioned to raise cash for the injured and homeless in Haiti.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/11 ... undrasier/

Haiti Telethon: What You Didn't See on TV

Hollywood came together to support Haiti on Friday night – and reunited a few famous exes in the process.

Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston, who split five years ago, were both on the same soundstage at L.A.'s CBS Studios where he presented and she manned the phones at the Hope for Haiti Now: A Global Benefit for Earthquake Relief, but they did not cross paths, according to a source.

Justin Timberlake, who sang a soulful rendition of "Hallelujah" with Tennman artist Matt Morris, bumped into his ex, Cameron Diaz, off camera. "They ran into each other after he performed and she was in the phone bank and then they talked," the source says.

"The celebrities were so low-key. Everyone drove themselves, there were no handlers, no entourages," adds the source. "Everyone was in a good mood. Most people showed up early and many celebrities, including Chevy Chase, Olivia Wilde and David Archuleta, stayed after the telethon was over so they could keep answering phone calls.

The A-list event was co-hosted by George Clooney and Wyclef Jean and presented by MTV Networks and broadcast on nearly a dozen channels.
Making Connections
"Celebs were catching up with each other and sitting down with staff and just chatting, talking about how sad the situation in Haiti was and how happy they were to help. The success of the night put a lot of people in a euphoric mood and a lot of people made plans to get together later," the source adds.

• Before the show started, early arrivals Reese Witherspoon and Julia Roberts were deep in conversation when Drew Barrymore came over to join them before all three women took their seats at the phone bank.

• Penelope Cruz approached organizer Clooney, who a source says was "very hands-on" during the telecast, and told him, "You're a genius," after he brought so many people together for the event, which raised money by encouraging viewers to call 1-877-99-Haiti to pledge money for the cause.

• Backstage: Newlywed Kevin Jonas ran into Zac Efron's girlfriend Vanessa Hudgens and expressed his hope that "the four of us" would hang out soon.

• In the greenroom, Chris Rock noshed on a cupcake from Crumbs bakery while talking to Ben Stiller. Morgan Freeman and Halle Berry chatted about her daughter Nahla. And Leonardo DiCaprio drank white wine while Archuleta rejoiced when he found papaya on the fruit platter.

• Christian Slater rocked out while watching Madonna's performance of "Like a Prayer" via satellite from New York; Pussycat Doll frontwoman Nicole Scherzinger and Rose McGowan were inseparable most of the night; Rande Gerber dutifully waited for wife Cindy Crawford in the green room while she worked the phones.

"It was a great night," says the source. "It was surreal to see so many celebrities together in one place."
After-Party
For many of the stars, the fun continued at L.A.'s Tower Bar at the Sunset Tower Hotel where Clooney, DiCaprio, Witherspoon, Daniel Craig, Kid Rock, Aniston and Gerard Butler stopped by for some dinner and cocktails after the telethon.

"Everyone seemed really happy, almost giddy," an onlooker tells PEOPLE. "They were obviously celebrating the huge amount of money that they raised, and cutting loose at the same time."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 86,00.html
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Cyanaurora wrote:Yes, some one will ask and DC will ignore or deflect. I would be shocked to here him answer directly.
Maybe, but remember the London QOS premier, when he openly said: I love Satsuki Mitchell. Could be, he will say: Yes, I am married to the most wonderfull woman in the world. I feel, in the right mood, he is capable of that. MAYBE we will find out one day.