Hope for Haiti Telethon

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

On a side note, and merely speculation. Might give a clue as to why Angelina was not present: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ldren.html
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Cyanaurora wrote:Yes, some one will ask and DC will ignore or deflect. I would be shocked to here him answer directly.

I love your comment Laredo. I can see Sats saying "put your ring on tonight Danny! Jen will be sitting next to you. And we know how she feels about you. Just flash the ring whenever she gets too close. And remember 1 kiss only"
ROFLMAO
I think the bloggers and editors will take a second look at the Haiti telethon pics and perhaps put two and two together. Perhaps we'll some editorial trickle out in the coming weeks.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

bumblebee wrote:On a side note, and merely speculation. Might give a clue as to why Angelina was not present: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ldren.html
I've read an almost identical articel in May 2009, October 2009 and yesterday. So I think, well we have to wait and see. :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

THanks for all these great pictures. He looks fantastic.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
calypso

Post by calypso »

Metagion: They had Daniel Craig answering phones for the Haiti relief thingy....If I was on it'd been one long, dirty phonecall (and I'd be broke!)lol
6 minutes ago from web

:lol:
ImageImage
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

calypso wrote:Metagion: They had Daniel Craig answering phones for the Haiti relief thingy....If I was on it'd been one long, dirty phonecall (and I'd be broke!)lol
6 minutes ago from web

:lol:
ROFLMAO and coughing my lungs up! I wonder if DC would have played along? "i'll give more if you talk dirty to me" hehe
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Stars Support Artists for Peace and Justice, Making Long-Term Commitment to the Future of Haiti

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA--(Marketwire - Jan. 24, 2010) - Award-winning director and screenwriter Paul Haggis - straight off a flight from Haiti - hosted the Artists for Peace and Justice (APJ) Haiti relief brunch this morning. At his home, Haggis and friends raised four million dollars for Haiti through APJ, the charity he founded in 2009. The brunch had two purposes: first, to get emergency relief to the children of Haiti and second, to raise money for long-term relief so that Haiti will not once again be forgotten as soon is it is out of the news. One hundred friends and supporters of APJ pledged to support the disaster-stricken nation over the next five to ten years, committing funds to building and funding schools, in a country where most children don't have access to basic education. Guests included APJ advisory board members, Josh Brolin, Maria Bello, Olivia Wilde, Charlize Theron, Jimmy-Jean Louis and Madeleine Stowe. Moby, Sheryl Crow, Macy Gray and Jackson Browne each gave live performances. Over the past year, APJ has been working with doctor and community organizer Father Rick Frechette who has been making real change in the lives of the people of the slums of Port-Au-Prince for over 22 years, long before this most recent disaster struck. Frechette and his team are working night and day in their beautiful paediatric hospital, St. Damiens, perhaps the only hospital that escaped major damage. They are providing medical supplies, tents, beds, food and water to earthquake survivors. Haggis and his wife personally pay all the expenses and overhead of APJ, so that every penny raised will go directly to the relief efforts and long-term reconstruction of the people of the slums of Haiti.

"I am so grateful to this wonderful group of people who came out today and gave so generously to support the children of Haiti through Artists for Peace and Justice," says Haggis. "Our organization is committed to sending 100% of all donations directly to emergency relief on the ground including medical supplies and much needed vehicles to reach those who require medical care."

The APJ Haiti Relief Brunch was also attended by Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem, Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig, Demi Moore, Robert DeNiro, Milla Jovovich, Pierce Brosnan, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, AnnaLynne McCord and many more.

Attendees were asked to make a minimum donation of $5,000. A live connection was established at the event that gave guests the opportunity to chat with doctors and relief workers on the ground in Haiti, allowing them to hear first-hand about the progress being made.

In addition to the $5000 minimum donation, guests contributed not only dollars towards the current relief effort, but also pledged to support Haiti in the long-term. Penelope Cruz gave $50,000 per year for five years toward building schools. Javier Bardem pledged $10,000 per year over 10 years and AnnaLynne McCord matched the donation. As host Haggis shared his accounts of his past week in the disaster zone and talked about APJ's commitment to building a sustainable future for Haiti, many were moved to support Haiti well beyond the current crisis. Gerard Butler, Simon Barker and his wife, Rebecca Rigg, Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig were just a few of the attendees who each pledged to give $50,000 per year for five years toward building the future of Haiti.
What is Artists for Peace and Justice?

Artists for Peace and Justice (APJ), established in early 2009, is a fundraising effort founded by Paul Haggis and friends that encourages peace and social justice and addresses issues of poverty and enfranchisement in communities around the world. Over the past year, APJ has directed its efforts to raising enough funds to fully sponsor three schools in Haiti in support of the initiatives of Father Rick Frechette and his team. These schools aren't just a place to learn but provide for a hot meal, clean water and a chance at the future to children who desperately need it. Following the devastating earthquake in Haiti, APJ has focused its efforts on raising much needed funds for emergency relief efforts in the ravaged country that is only a few hours from our shores.

About Father Rick Frechette

For the past 22 years Father Rick Frechette has worked in the slums of Haiti. He came to the country as a priest and soon saw that what they needed more was a doctor. He began studying for his degree and continued working in the slums of Port-au-Prince on the weekends. The earthquake has devastated many of Father Rick's projects including both of his hospitals and an orphanage. Details are still coming in but for a country that suffers so much, these losses are devastating beyond belief.

Artists for Peace and Justice Advisory Board

Paul Haggis, Maria Bello, Josh Brolin, James Franco, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Natasha Koifman, Diane Lane, Michael Stahl-David, Oliver Stone, Madeline Stowe, Charlize Theron, Peter Tunney and Olivia Wilde.

For more information on Artists for Peace and Justice, please visit www.artistsforpeaceandjustice.com.

source: http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Rele ... 69535.html

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Bravo!! To ALL of them..

He went to another event yesterday
IamJUSTsaying SPOTTED: Daniel Craig

Akowalski86 daniel craig is standing next to me
This sighting is from here

Radiohead Raise $572,754 at Haiti Benefit Concert

Ever since Radiohead announced that tickets to their spur-of-the-moment Haiti benefit concert would be auctioned off, I’ve been wondering how much people would be willing to pay for such a great cause, not to mention for the chance to see Radiohead in the relatively small Music Box at the Henry Fonda Theater perform a possible preview of their next album. Well, the show is wrapping up as we speak/type/read and it looks like Thom Yorke and the boys have raised over half a million dollars for Oxfam’s Haiti relief efforts.
We’ll get to the set list in a moment, but first: Thom Yorke made an interesting statement during the show’s second encore, revealing not only that some attendees had bid as high as $2,000 for their seat at the one-off concert, but that the night’s total haul for charity totaled $572,754! Wow is right.
As for the setlist (the show isn’t over yet, btw), the band played a mixture of old and new tunes, including Kid A’s “The National Anthem,” “Morning Bell,” and “Everything In Its Right Place,” as well as OK Computer’s “Paranoid Android,” “Exit Music (For a Film),” and many more. The most notable song choice (so far) was their new jam “Lotus Flower,” which Thom Yorke also previewed at one of his solo “Eraser band” shows.
We’ll point to some more in depth reviews in the morning, but, until then, how about a round of applause for Radiohead and all the fans that made this awesome charity event possible.
http://www.twentyfourbit.com/post/35220 ... it-concert

more
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163023 ... head.jhtml

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b ... ction.html

Generous as always...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Knelman: Paul Haggis' $4M Haiti brunch

The entry free: $5,000 per head. But many of the guests – including Penélope Cruz, Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig, Pierce Brosnan, Josh Brolin and Charlize Theron – gave much, much more. So the event raised more than $4 million.
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/artic ... iti-brunch
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Feb 9
'10
Daniel Craig makes Haitian disaster sound dirty, naughty

http://www.celebitchy.com/90934/daniel_ ... y_naughty/

Read through it plus the comments - some are funny, some nice, some stupid "He had to learn to drive stick" :lol: