YEAH! FINALLY! MARRIED!

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Actually - despite all the well meant efforts, I think, they talk so openly about DTD and getting stuff from there, a watermark won´t bother them - unfortunately...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Germangirl wrote:Actually - despite all the well meant efforts, I think, they talk so openly about DTD and getting stuff from there, a watermark won´t bother them - unfortunately...
Maybe not but it'll make me feel better because in this way there will be proof of where they got them and where the pics were first posted to.Of course,there's no need for this to be done for all the pics,just the 'special'/exclusive ones. :wink:
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

trueblue wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Actually - despite all the well meant efforts, I think, they talk so openly about DTD and getting stuff from there, a watermark won´t bother them - unfortunately...
Maybe not but it'll make me feel better because in this way there will be proof of where they got them and where the pics were first posted to.Of course,there's no need for this to be done for all the pics,just the 'special'/exclusive ones. :wink:
Exactly!
Crazy!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

They might have been lazy in the past, but if they choose to take us on with this, they might make the effort to cut off the sign, which is very easy, when its hidden in the lower corner - I would suggest then - to be on the save side - to put it higher, so it destroys the pic, when you delete it. Just my two... :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

My 2 cents, I don't think we have much to complain about we should just treat this as a compliment, after all their using this site as a resource library. It’s naive to think that because the pictures are here no one else is going to use them, if you can view, crop, cut and paste a picture that is posted in the public domain anyone can access them. I don’t see the point in watermarking them either, as the source material wasn’t ours in the first place and their not our intellectual property.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
fond-of-bond

Post by fond-of-bond »

honeyjes wrote:My 2 cents, I don't think we have much to complain about we should just treat this as a compliment, after all their using this site as a resource library. It’s naive to think that because the pictures are here no one else is going to use them, if you can view, crop, cut and paste a picture that is posted in the public domain anyone can access them. I don’t see the point in watermarking them either, as the source material wasn’t ours in the first place and their not our intellectual property.
:thumbup:
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

My 2 cents:
First of all,this matter started as a more humorous and fun thing,at least for me,and suddenly it's getting too serious and I really don't get why.
And second of all,of course you can use whatever you find online but the polite thing to do is give credits to where you find it.A link to the source,if is possible,it's the right thing to do from my point of view.And it's something I personally try to do whenever it's possible.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

However different the opinions may be on this, in the end, I feel, its up to those who provide us with the pics and in this case, its Trueblue - so I feel, its her decision to make and personally, I´ll be fine with whatever she chooses to do. :D

trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Oh,yes,of course,it's perfectly OK to be serious and to have different opinions(this goes without saying :D )it's just that I kinda felt it more of a silly matter and playing around with that. :lol:

And seriously now,about the photos,I don't feel that they belong to me personally,they aren't mine after all,but they do belong to this forum,the ones that can't be found anywhere else in particular and credits should be given.At least,that's what my whole experience in dealing with forums,sites and Internet in general taught me and I try to respect that and I want others to respect that,too.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

honeyjes wrote:My 2 cents, I don't think we have much to complain about we should just treat this as a compliment, after all their using this site as a resource library. It’s naive to think that because the pictures are here no one else is going to use them, if you can view, crop, cut and paste a picture that is posted in the public domain anyone can access them. I don’t see the point in watermarking them either, as the source material wasn’t ours in the first place and their not our intellectual property.
I totally agree here.
Germangirl wrote:They might have been lazy in the past, but if they choose to take us on with this, they might make the effort to cut off the sign, which is very easy, when its hidden in the lower corner - I would suggest then - to be on the save side - to put it higher, so it destroys the pic, when you delete it. Just my two... :wink:
and to be honest I don't think they would be annoyed by a watermark across his nose, because they use the pics mostly trying to make their nasty comments, so why should they be bothered by the watermarks.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Picture issue aside, I am more than happy to find that the two of them have finally confirmed (if not officially) what most of us have been suspecting for quite a while now. Congrats and all good wishes for a long and happy togetherness! They do seem to make each other happy, so it's all good. :D

Edit: I just realised I used the word 'happy' three times in one post! That must be good. See my sig. :wink:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Wow, finally, a ring in his finger, too! As direct an announcement as ever :D I wonder how long it will take before the press picks this up? And they even look as happy as before :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote: and to be honest I don't think they would be annoyed by a watermark across his nose, because they use the pics mostly trying to make their nasty comments, so why should they be bothered by the watermarks.

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
Dunda wrote: and to be honest I don't think they would be annoyed by a watermark across his nose, because they use the pics mostly trying to make their nasty comments, so why should they be bothered by the watermarks.
Why do we give a shit? I understand being rightfully annoyed that they post members' creative work, but most of what is posted here is in the public domain anyway - they are just too lazy to look for it and know they will find it here. And as mentioned, they are only able to post a hyperlink.

We should be flattered to be considered THE SOURCE. And however they twist it that is their silly, tiny-minded business.
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

On this copy-pasting thing, I kind of agree with Bumblebee. It is the internet, we do it also: just think about all those non-watermark pics from various sources that get posted on our forum. And as we really are The Source on Daniel, it is inevitable that the lazier/not so resourceful internet users log on and take what they think is useful/interesting... We know where it came from and can always also point it out should we want it.

As for the opinions expressed in connection with the material, the same thing. Once you put something out in the public, it can be used in very many different ways, some of them nowhere near what you thought/intended. Can't really be helped.