Cowboys and Aliens news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

We'll get a summer release :D

Jon Favreau’s COWBOYS AND ALIENS Arrives July 29, 2011

With the recent casting of Daniel Craig and Olivia Wilde in director Jon Favreau’s (Iron Man, Elf) Cowboys and Aliens movie, it was clear things were moving full steam ahead on Favreau’s next project after Iron Man 2. While the release date was scheduled for sometime in 2011, with Battleship sailing to 2012, Universal has announced Cowboys and Aliens will take over the July 29, 2011 release date.
Cowboys and Aliens is scheduled to start filming this July and it’s been written by Roberto Orci/Alex Kurtzman (Transformers, Star Trek) and Damon Lindelof (Lost). The film is set in Arizona during the 1800s and follows a group of cowboys and Apache Indians as they band together to fight hostile aliens.

While it’s unclear if Favreau is going 3D with C&A, I’m going to guess he will. After all, aliens invading the planet always looks better in 3D.

While I haven’t read the comic it’s based on, with the insane talent on this project, this is easily one of my most anticipated films of 2011.

With Favreau getting ready to start promoting Iron Man 2 in the coming months, we’re going to hear a lot of news about Cowboys and Aliens soon. Get ready.

What that means is…Comic-Con 2011 is going to be awesome.

Source: http://www.collider.com/2010/02/05/jon- ... y-29-2011/

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

written by Roberto Orci/Alex Kurtzman (Transformers,
OMG plz I expect something really bad with Transformers screenwriter :shock: :P
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Elvenstar wrote:
written by Roberto Orci/Alex Kurtzman (Transformers,
OMG plz I expect something really bad with Transformers screenwriter :shock: :P
:lol: :lol:

Think positive! They wrote the script for Star Trek, too. And that was pretty good. :lol:

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I agree , Star Trek was very good and satisfied the oldtimers like me . I only saw Tranforers 1 but it was entertaining .
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I agree , Star Trek was very good and satisfied the oldtimers like me . I only saw Tranforers 1 but it was entertaining and I came ino watching that and not wanting to like it .
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This is all good news, imo. Craig has opted wisely for the chance to lighten up--and this should enrichen his great bag of skills.
I second that... :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Dunda wrote:I'm looking forward to this, just for the pure fun.
Me too! It will be something completely different, and probably pretty humorous too. And then there is the prospect of an hilarious Comic Con panel... not a bad thing! :mrgreen:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
calypso

Post by calypso »

olivia play a character called ella?

that too funny.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:olivia play a character called ella?

that too funny.
Yes, Ella Verity :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Dunda wrote:
Oh I'm there!!!! I have my tickets for this year (though I'm still deciding whether or not to actually go...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:
Dunda wrote:
Oh I'm there!!!! I have my tickets for this year (though I'm still deciding whether or not to actually go...
I could look it up, of course, but I have rather you tell me please, what exactly is Comic Con? I have heard the name, but that´s all..Its a big event, where they play all the comic adaptions?

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Germangirl wrote:
Corellianjedi2 wrote:
Dunda wrote:
Oh I'm there!!!! I have my tickets for this year (though I'm still deciding whether or not to actually go...)
I could look it up, of course, but I have rather you tell me please, what exactly is Comic Con? I have heard the name, but that´s all..Its a big event, where they play all the comic adaptions?
ComicCon (the one they are talking about, the biggest one) is held in San Diego, CA every year. I've wanted to go since I was... 7 and since the release of all the revamps of sci-fi/fantasy/comic book films and since being a nerd has become hip (LOL) its grown sooo much! Its a three day event where they have panels and screening of different stuff related to the industry. A lot of the time they release teasers and trailers for movies coming soon. Um... there is a lot more to say but I don't want to yammer on. :P I've never been and am excited at the prospect of going!

Oh and the NYCC is now only held every other year and isn't quite as big as the SDCC (surprisingly).
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

The filmimg location on Imdb for Cowboys and Aliens is a place called Randsburg in California. It is described as a living ghost town, and gold was discovered there in the 1800's. It really does look like something out of the wild west. It looks ideal for C and A and I should think that Daniel will enjoy the history behind it.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... s%3Disch:1

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... s%3Disch:1
ishmael69

Post by ishmael69 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:The filmimg location on Imdb for Cowboys and Aliens is a place called Randsburg in California. It is described as a living ghost town, and gold was discovered there in the 1800's. It really does look like something out of the wild west. It looks ideal for C and A and I should think that Daniel will enjoy the history behind it.
Thanks for all the pics and the links, Sylvia's girl.

I wonder why they chose to film C&A in July over there... I know the area where Randsburg is, and it's frigging hot in the Summer. :shock:
But wait, I can imagine that if we are lucky enough to get some on-set pics, we'll get plenty of DC wearing, ahem, succinct clothing :twisted:

Is DC an outdoorsy person? (forgive my question, I know nothing of his free-time activities, other than those infamous St. Barth pics that were all over the web a couple of years ago).
If he is (outdoorsy) there's plenty of stunningly beautiful national parks close to Randsburg, including the the Mojave Desert and
the Death Valley (think of it... the hottest place on Earth meets the hottest man on Earth! :lol: