Cowboys and Aliens news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

YAY! :D Good move, I'm sure. Since for ASR he had to adopt an American accent anyway, there shouldn't be any problem on that front.
He will have to take some riding lessons though. An extra YAY for that! :D 8) :twisted: :lol:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Anglophile wrote:YAY! :D Good move, I'm sure. Since for ASR he had to adopt an American accent anyway, there shouldn't be any problem on that front.
He will have to take some riding lessons though. An extra YAY for that! :D 8) :twisted: :lol:
I was thinking especially at you, when I realized about the riding - I saw you clinching your teeth over him not sitting and not holding the rains in the right way :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
Anglophile wrote:YAY! :D Good move, I'm sure. Since for ASR he had to adopt an American accent anyway, there shouldn't be any problem on that front.
I was thinking especially at you, when I realized about the riding - I saw you clinching your teeth over him not sitting and not holding the rains in the right way :lol:
Don't you think he will have an American accent for Dream House? Was that discussed yet, more minutiae please.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Don't you think he will have an American accent for Dream House? Was that discussed yet, more minutiae please.
Jess Plate will be on the set for Dream House, so yes, I think he will work on another american accent...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Not sure what to think about this Cowboy and Aliens thing... Most of the graphic novel adaptations tend to be a bit on the boring or not so very good side... Iron Man (Jon Favreau's previous) was just plain ridiculous... Well, let's see whether there is an official announcement...
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Most of the sites are no longer saying he's in talks, they say it's confirmed.

I'm looking forward to this, just for the pure fun.
I liked Iron Man and Hellboy (I remember an interview where Daniel said that he has seen that one and liked it too :lol: :lol:) and I absolutely loved The Dark Knight and Sin City.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
calypso

Post by calypso »

Dunda wrote:Most of the sites are no longer saying he's in talks, they say it's confirmed.

I liked Iron Man and Hellboy (I remember an interview where Daniel said that he has seen that one and liked it too :lol: :lol:) and I absolutely loved The Dark Knight and Sin City.
si he saw hellboy when he drove to oregon with satsuki up pacific coast. they went into small cinema
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

calypso wrote:
Dunda wrote:Most of the sites are no longer saying he's in talks, they say it's confirmed.

si he saw hellboy when he drove to oregon with satsuki up pacific coast. they went into small cinema
Wasn't it when a man aksed him whether he knew that he looks like Daniel Craig :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Watching Layer Cake again. 4:02 PM Jan 10th from Echofon
Jon_Favreau

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

Dunda wrote:
calypso wrote:

Wasn't it when a man aksed him whether he knew that he looks like Daniel Craig :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It was.
Mimi_kitty

Post by Mimi_kitty »

Well it is something different to see him as a cowboy but
I hope that this won´t be cheesy :?

Either you love comic adaptions or hate it

You can read the comic here
http://www.drunkduck.com/CowboysAndAliens/
Cause you affect me ...

Fascinate me....
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks Mimi :D Sounds like a great guy and the womans part looks like fun too. I see lots of banter between the two :lol:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From Mimis link

Jackson, Zeke
Known Relatives: None
Group Affiliation: Formerly Union Army
Base of Operations: American West
Known Counterparts: None
History:

Growing up on his father’s farm, Zeke Jackson never developed a love for agriculture, and instead followed his wanderlust to the western trail. Recruited by the Union Army at the tail end of the Civil War to scout the Indian border, Zeke's fearlessness and cool under fire quickly propelled him up the ranks. Mustering out of the military, Zeke briefly served as a U.S. Marshal, enforcing the law on the fringes of the frontier. Eventually Zeke turned in his badge to become a wagon master for hire. He found new purpose in helping those seeking new lives in the West traverse the mountains and prairies to their final destinations, doing his bit to promote Manifest Destiny. Years of fighting and hardship with Native Americans have not hardened Zeke’s feelings into prejudice, but he's learned to be cautious, particularly in Apache territory. His experience makes him the man to follow when venturing into hostile territory.

Freedom and endless challenges are Zeke’s life’s blood. A daring and somewhat reckless cowboy and trail master, Zeke is handsome, with a perpetual five o’clock shadow and a dangerous, daredevil gleam in his eye.
Skills/Powers/Equipment:

Zeke is a talented rider :lol: and a decent shot with a six-gun, but his most powerful weapon is his ability to remain calm and level headed when under pressure.

Verity
Known Relatives: None
Group Affiliation: Unknown
Base of Operations: Silver Hills, Arizona
Known Counterparts: None
History:

Little is known about the history of the woman called Verity before 1871, when she partnered up with trail boss Zeke Jackson, riding shotgun as he led settlers into the West. Calm, practical, and serious, Verity is impervious to Zeke’s devil-may-care charm. She soon proved her worth as an ally and confidante, due to her incredible physical skills, bold, decisive actions, and exemplary marksmanship. Though she relishes her tomboy role, Verity occasionally lets her guard down and reveals herself as a beautiful yet lonely young woman. Her relationship with Zeke is purely platonic :sad: and professional, as both recognize that they would probably end up killing each other were they to cross the line. Zeke trusts her implicitly and puts great stock in her counsel, though he’s never learned or enquired about her mysterious past, a subject on which Verity keeps mum.
Skills/Powers/Equipment:

Verity is an accomplished rider, and an expert with her pair of Colt revolvers. Sitting astride her horse, Verity can simultaneously shoot a six-gun with either hand. Despite her skill with pistols, Verity prefers her trademark whip, a weapon she wields with crippling accuracy.

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Who should play Verity ? Is there a pic in the comic ?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Zeke looks more like DC than RDJ anyway :wink:

Verity