Cowboys and Aliens news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Linda wrote:''House will be minus Thirteen when it returns next season.
Olivia Wilde is taking time off from the Fox hit to shoot a starring role in the big-budget sci-fi Western Cowboys & Aliens.''

Boy, I am slow. I didn't know who she was until I saw her picture. She is a good actress. I wonder, will she be a love interest to Daniel's character? Can't wait till we see this movie, but of course we have Dream House before that. Next year will be a great Daniel Year.
From what I read, there will be no actuall love affair between the two :sad: - maybe something along the line of Bond/Camille and some banter, I guess.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phCL_NuGlnk

I can´t help but being proud, they choose him as a non-american to do this. Obviously this is gonna be HUGE and costly and even though, they have a superb cast, he is the lead actor and I am happy, they truusted him with it. Guess, it partly has to do with his good reputation within the industry as being completely reliable, easy to work with - someone, who always gives 150%.

Nothing to do with the film, but funny…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDTBy3iq ... re=related
...but Daniel is in there allright :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

2:10 - 2:14......Daniel playing in the screen segment......Mr Fidget at his best. He only had one hand at the time and was making such good use of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:
2:10 - 2:14......Daniel playing in the screen segment......Mr Fidget at his best. He only had one hand at the time and was making such good use of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He alwyas does make good use of ALL his assets :lol:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:http://www.thereader.com/film.php?subac ... om=&ucat=8&

Cutting Room
I’m as surprised as you are, but it turns out the upcoming Cowboys and Aliens has a plot. I figured they’d just go with a cast (Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde) and a director (Jon Favreau) and jam special effects in there for about an hour and a half. The voiceover on the trailer could just say, “It’s Bond meets Indiana Jones. Explosions! Aliens! Hot chicks!” It would be awesome. Anyway, the plot is that in 1873 a dude wanders into a town called Absolution (they were going to name it “Obvious Metaphor” but nobody could spell it). The town is run by Colonel Dolarhyde (Ford), who is apparently a bad guy with a terrible last name. Then aliens come and only the nameless dude, a hot chick (Wilde) and Apache warriors can stop them. Wow, did I call this a plot? My bad. Let’s go with “a series of ridiculous words placed in proximity of one another.”

:shock:
I think, the entertainment will come from exciting and somewhat obscure action and funny dialogues. Putting humans and Aliens together in a comic adaptation is in itself already the base for fun, I feel.

calypso

Post by calypso »

Si lots of fun:
New synopsis for film:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5J8PzXr ... re=related

Imagehe ride into town,
i say howdy stranger Image
he shoot, i shoot
basura aliens go Image then leave Image
he chew cigar at saloon, he watch me sing in saloon ImageImage
ImageImage
Daniel keep up with emails during breaks, we send each other dirty ones!
ImageImage
Daniel take bath to wash off dust, me too!
we practice lasso
ImageImage
I groom my horse for my appearance.Image
ImageImage
daniel stays on, i not, basura cock eyed horse :evil:
daniel poses against fence looking at me pose too
ImageImage
he walks away into sunset... :( to dance in nightclub in sante fe
ImageImage
but will come again... :twisted:
ImageImage
bubita

Post by bubita »

love your story Luna :thumbup:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:lol: Send it to Favreau - maybe they change the plot :wink:

BTW - he actually might have to learn to swing the lasso :shock: in full speed :lol:

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Olivia Wilde is taking time off from the Fox hit to shoot a starring role in the big-budget sci-fi Western Cowboys & Aliens.''

Boy, I am slow. I didn't know who she was until I saw her picture. She is a good actress. I wonder, will she be a love interest to Daniel's character? Can't wait till we see this movie, but of course we have Dream House before that. Next year will be a great Daniel Year.

Cowboys love their horses .
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Laredo wrote:

Cowboys love their horses .
You say, he will be cuddling his horse, instead of Olivia? :lol:

trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Jon Favreau Talks about the COWBOYS AND ALIENS Pic He Tweeted Two Days Ago; Reveals It’s Daniel Craig

When Harrison Ford is the guest of honor, you can expect a lot of big names to follow in his presence. At The Empire Gives Back charity screening of The Empire Strikes Back (read our recap of the event here), Ford spoke about his Star Wars experiences. Jon Favreau, who will be directing Ford in the sci-fi western Cowboys and Aliens, came by just to see the show, but he was also willing to chat for a few minutes about that film after the theater cleared out.

During the Q&A, Ford complimented Favreau as one of the new great directors, so Favreau basked in the glory of Han Solo/Indiana Jones/Rick Deckard singing his praises. For those who don’t know, the film—which co-stars Daniel Craig, Olivia Wilde, and Sam Rockwell—is about humans fighting off aliens in the Old West. Favreau had some big news about the picture he released on Twitter two days ago, and what we can expect from Ford in the film.

Will it be tough to get people to see Daniel Craig as a cowboy and not as James Bond?

Favreau: I know, if you look at him, we just did our camera tests. That’s him.

On the Twitter pic?

Favreau: That’s him. We couldn’t really show too much because he didn’t want to reveal any images on Twitter but I wanted to kind of get a sense of the feel of it. He’s also somebody who plays an iconic figure that has a long tradition. So to have him playing a cowboy, I feel very good now having shot him and worked with him and hearing his thoughts. And the whole cast is great. With each person we add, the enthusiasm grows, with Rockwell and [Paul] Dano, of course Harrison. So far it’s great. The only thing that’s scary is we’re going to be shooting soon.

How did it change when the character switched from Downey to Craig?

Favreau: Well, I wasn’t involved when Downey was involved. Once Downey had set up shooting a sequel of Sherlock 2, he was no longer involved with this one. So when I came on board this one, it was already an open project but they had a new script based on Kurtzman and Orci and Lindelof.

What can you add about the kind of icon Harrison Ford will be playing in your film?

Favreau: He’s like our John Wayne. He’s our generation’s John Wayne. How do you separate him from the roles that he’s played? He’s defined the whole genre so you have to take that into consideration.

http://www.collider.com/2010/05/20/jon- ... age-tweet/
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Thx TB...and I thought it was a stand in...although the stance is very Daniel. :D
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Thx TB...and I thought it was a stand in...although the stance is very Daniel. :D
:D I was certain it was a stand in. :lol: :lol:
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

thanks for the interview
I was so sure that Favreu cast Downey...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Must admit, there was something about the stance, that looked like him :wink: Only that this makes him look a bit thin again, but since we just "saw" him being all bulked up, it must be the way they shot it - not up front, half side etc.